This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Fili, Master of the Dwarves

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Fili, Master of the Dwarves

Postby MountainFireflower » Mar 31, 2012 12:38 pm

Forgive me for being egotistical, but since no one else started this thread, I decided I must take it upon myself to do so. Here is a thread where you can discuss all things Fili. I hope you have an enjoyable time talking about me.

I shall also permit you to ask questions of me if you so choose.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fili, Master of the Dwarves

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Mar 31, 2012 12:50 pm

Fili, who is playing you in the upcoming movie the Hobbit?

Do you think he will do a good job?
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby MountainFireflower » Mar 31, 2012 12:52 pm

Why, that's a nonsensical question if I ever heard one. I am playing myself, and there is no other. And of course I'm going to do a good job! Would you expect any less?
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Meltintalle » Mar 31, 2012 12:52 pm

Posted as Hugo Bracegirdle:
Are you and your brother good singers? Do you expect the movie to do this justice?
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby MountainFireflower » Mar 31, 2012 12:54 pm

I am a good singer. Kili, however, is not. I can confidently tell you that he lipsynced for any and all scenes that required a dwarfish song. Just don't tell him I told you that.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Nellie of Narnia » Mar 31, 2012 1:33 pm

:)) at the above post. We won't tell him. But, Fili, did you ever consider that he might read your post and find out for himself that you said that about him?

A query for you, Fili: I've always wondered how one pronounces your name... (and your brother Kili's name, for that matter, since I assume it would rhyme). Is it "Fill-ee" or "Feel-ee"? Do tell! :)
"Polly knew at once that it was the Cabby's wife, fetched out of our world not by any tiresome magic rings, but quickly, simply and sweetly as a bird flies to its nest."
(The Magician's Nephew, Chapter 11)

Real life daughter to johobbit!
NW niece to ramagut.
NW Hobbit cousin to coracle.
Nellie of Narnia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby MountainFireflower » Mar 31, 2012 1:47 pm

Hello, my fair Nellie of Narnia! Any chance of you converting into Nellie of Middle-earth, due to the recent changes that have overtaken HobbitWeb?

Ah... yes, you're right. I did consider that. However, an insult coming from myself is not quite the same as it would be coming from someone else. He would get quite infuriated if anyone else told him such a thing, whereas I insult him all the time. We are brothers; I think it is part of the job description.

I have always pronounced my name Feel-ee, and I can only assume that's the correct way my parents intended it. However, Tolkien may have intended an different pronunciation entirely. You never can tell with those tricksy author types.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby johobbit » Mar 31, 2012 1:56 pm

Fili! Hey, dude! And, uh, that's all I have to say. But wait, there's more: 'twas a joy to know of you through Gimli, Gloin's son. You and your fine brother do seem to have a lot of ... fun, shall we say. I dursn't say you are exceedingly handsome, though. That would be going a bit too far.

Is there such thing as a handsome Dwarf?
johobbit

Postby MountainFireflower » Mar 31, 2012 2:24 pm

Hello, Sam! 'Sup? Ah, so that is how we know each other. I am glad to discover that we have a mutual connection. Gloin was a good friend of mine. It is good to meet a friend of his son.

Yes, we do have a lot of fun, but Kili has been rather... elusive as of late. I do hope he shall stop by later so I can continue to insult him.

I do not blame you for withholding such a compliment. However, I daresay exceedingly handsome would be the most truthful way of describing me.

Of course there's such a thing as a handsome dwarf! You're looking right at him!
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Nellie of Narnia » Mar 31, 2012 2:27 pm

Fili wrote:Hello, my fair Nellie of Narnia! Any chance of you converting into Nellie of Middle-earth, due to the recent changes that have overtaken HobbitWeb?

Sorry, there's no chance. I am, after all, the first queen of Narnia; how could I betray my country like that? ;))

Fili wrote:Ah... yes, you're right. I did consider that. However, an insult coming from myself is not quite the same as it would be coming from someone else. He would get quite infuriated if anyone else told him such a thing, whereas I insult him all the time. We are brothers; I think it is part of the job description.

I quite understand! :)

Fili wrote:I have always pronounced my name Feel-ee, and I can only assume that's the correct way my parents intended it. However, Tolkien may have intended an different pronunciation entirely. You never can tell with those tricksy author types.

Thanks for clarifying. I've always pronounced it that way, too. But, alas, it's true: Tolkien may have intended for it to be pronounced differently. *Makes a mental note to look this up.*
"Polly knew at once that it was the Cabby's wife, fetched out of our world not by any tiresome magic rings, but quickly, simply and sweetly as a bird flies to its nest."

NW niece to ramagut.
Nellie of Narnia
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby MountainFireflower » Mar 31, 2012 2:36 pm

Nellie of Narnia wrote:Sorry, there's no chance. I am, after all, the first queen of Narnia; how could I betray my country like that? ;))

Oh, of course. How could I ask you to betray your country like that? You are quite right. Your loyalty is commendable.

Nellie of Narnia wrote:I quite understand! :)

I am glad you do; I have been misunderstood many times before in my lifetime, so it is refreshing to be understood.

Nellie of Narnia wrote:Thanks for clarifying. I've always pronounced it that way, too. But, alas, it's true: Tolkien may have intended for it to be pronounced differently. *Makes a mental note to look this up.*

Oh, do please look it up, and when you do, let me know what you discover. I'd be very interested to know if I've been pronouncing my name wrong for my entire life. 'Twould be so terrible to discover that I've been living a lie this whole time.
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby coracle » Mar 31, 2012 3:03 pm

My dear Fili, I was introduced to you by Gandalf, and HE said, "Fee-lee", and a wizard should know. :)
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby MountainFireflower » Mar 31, 2012 3:05 pm

I am quite relieved to hear this, Sir Bilbo. Of course, how could I forget? You are quite correct. Wizards do, in fact, know everything. I suppose that's settled, then!
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Nellie of Narnia » Mar 31, 2012 3:45 pm

Fili wrote:Oh, of course. How could I ask you to betray your country like that? You are quite right. Your loyalty is commendable.

Fili wrote:
Nellie of Narnia wrote:I quite understand! :)

I am glad you do; I have been misunderstood many times before in my lifetime, so it is refreshing to be understood.

Thank-you for understanding.
And you're very welcome for understanding! :)

Regarding the pronunciation of your name, Fili, I tried to look it up... and couldn't find the pronunciation anywhere! So, like you said, it's settled. We'll go with "Feel-ee". (Like both you and Bilbo indicated, a wizard should know, after all!) In that case, you'll be happy to know that you haven't been living a lie your whole life! #:-s :D

NW niece to ramagut.
Nellie of Narnia
NarniaWeb Junkie