This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Who Should Play Who In Future Narnias?

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Who Should Play Who In Future Narnias?

Postby King_Erlian » May 15, 2013 5:47 am

Re-reading The Magician's Nephew, it struck me that Uncle Andrew looks exactly like Sideshow Bob, with grey hair. Pity he's a cartoon character and doesn't really exist. :D
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby King_Erlian » Jun 21, 2013 4:44 am

As an aside, looking at the subject header, I can hear Doctor Cornelius' words:
"Whom, not who, your Highness," said Doctor Cornelius. "Perhaps it is time to turn from History to Grammar."
;)
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jul 05, 2013 5:30 pm

As others have mentioned, I would love Karen Gillan to play the Lady of the Green Kirtle. I've always pictured her having fiery red hair for some reason, and Karen certainly has that.

However, she has an upcoming role in a Marvel film and I wouldn't know how that will affect her future career, but it never hurts to dream.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby shastastwin » Sep 04, 2013 9:19 am

I was thinking about young actors whose films and TV shows I have enjoyed, and I stumbled upon a great suggestion for Rilian: Asa Butterfield. Given the likelihood of SC being several years out, Butterfield will have time to age into the role while still being young enough. Also, he's got a great, dark look at times that would be perfect for Rilian during his time with the Queen of Underland.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration
shastastwin
Moderator Emeritus
Saint Schwinn

Postby aragorn2 » Sep 07, 2013 8:27 pm

I think Chloe Grace Moretz would make a great Jill Pole. I really liked her character in Hugo. I think she would be perfect in the role
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Impending Doom » Dec 30, 2013 5:58 pm

aragorn2 wrote:I think Chloe Grace Moretz would make a great Jill Pole. I really liked her character in Hugo. I think she would be perfect in the role

I could definetly see her as Jill! She may be too old for the part if they go for a new and younger Eustace though.

I'm hoping for an A-List actor for the Lady of the Green Kirtle. Nicole Kidman or Natalie Portman would be may top choices as of right now.
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Susan - Anna Popplewell

Postby Son of Tash » Jan 22, 2014 9:45 am

i think when HHB will be released the old pevensies should appear again and by then they will be over 25 in age all of them. imagine lucy with edmund battle outside king s lune castle :D
In the name of Tash,My Lord and King of Darkness
Son of Tash
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Darcy of Archenland » Feb 19, 2014 5:01 pm

Holy timelord! Matt Smith as Puddlegum is brilliant! And Benedict Cumberbatch will make the most perfect Uncle Andrew!

Yay for the cleverness of me to remember I opened a forum topic as Brady TIH Narnia. Now if I can just remember my password, that'd be absolutely fantastic.

Signed,
Brady TIH Narnia <3<3
"I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams." ~the Doctor
Darcy of Archenland
NarniaWeb Newbie

Location: Somewhere past the setting sun, in a TARDIS headed for the Enchanted Forest from Narnia

Postby Anfinwen » Feb 28, 2014 9:12 am

Has anyone else seen pics of Angelina Jolie in "Maleficent"? Personally I'm not sure if I would want her name connected with Narnia, but I've always thought she would make a perfect Lady of the Green Kirtle.
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby aragorn2 » Mar 08, 2014 11:54 am

What about Famke Jannsen as the Lady of the Green Kirtle. She can play menacing really well. She was great in the X Men films.
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Future Narnian » Aug 27, 2014 10:03 pm

For some reason Nicole Kidman comes to mind as the Lady of the Green Kirtle. I think her Australian accent would work with us not knowing where the LOTGK is from, and it kind of sounds musical, like C.S. Lewis described. She has the coloring to look good in green and she has the look that I could see a young girl looking up to and thinking is pretty.

I would love to see Pierce Brosnan as Puddleglum. I think he has the perfect kind of humor. And he's a good "star attraction" without being over-the-top obvious like if they cast a big name as Jill or Eustace.

I wish Simon MacCorkindale was still alive. His voice would be perfect for a centaur - Roonwit maybe? (That's the one from LB, right? The one who gets killed?) Another deceased actor I would have liked (even though he was the wrong age for the part) was Tom Bosley for Frank the cabbie in MN.

I'm not sure if he'll be too old or not, but Daniel Huttlestone from Les Miserables could possibly be a good recast for Eustace. He has the right spunk factor.

ETA - I did think of a possible someone for Uncle Andrew. What about Hugh Jackman? Or is he too iconic thanks to Les Miserables and the Wolverine series?

Another idea - he's not British and I don't know if he could spare the time from NCIS. But I could so see Mark Harmon playing a creepy uncle.
Future Narnian
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Alambil Stark » Sep 23, 2014 6:26 pm

I would like to see Johnny Depp play Puddleglum. However, I don't know if he would make Puddleglum too funny. Puddleglum is meant to be really serious and down-to-earth. I really hope that they choose a good actor for Puddleglum.

I would like Asa Butterfield as Digory Kirke. Someone suggested him once and I loved the idea. I pictured him as Digory.

I think the Sprouse twins would be good as Cor and Corin. Cole would play Cor and Dylan would play Corin.

However, I just chose actors that are already known. There are other great actors that might be unknown right now, but would do a great job as one of the Narnian characters. It would be great if they chose new actors. That way, you can see them as (for example) Cor and Corin, and not as Cole and Dylan Sprouse.
Alambil Stark
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Future Narnian » Dec 01, 2014 1:35 pm

I believe there was a post about Bailee Madison being suggested for Jill and I thought it was a good idea at the time, but I just realized I was thinking of a different actress! Don't get me wrong, I like Bailee Madison, but I was thinking of Bailee Johnson from Christmas Oranges when I saw the comment. So I want to suggest her as Jill too.
Future Narnian
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lu_valient » Dec 18, 2014 6:41 am

I like Matt Smith (11th Doctor) as Puddleglum. I picture the character as gangly and glum, but capable of moments of strange cheerfulness and sarcasm. I think Smith could really play with that.
made by katherine
Lu_valient
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Future Narnian » Jun 26, 2015 1:04 pm

Having just recently watched Paddington, what about the two children from there as two of our remaining kids? (Digory, Polly, Jill, Eustace). I could especially see the little girl who played Judy as Jill.
Future Narnian
NarniaWeb Regular

Previous