This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Best portrayed "Child" thus far?

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Of all the "Child" portrayals thus far, who do you think is the best and why?

Georgie Henley / Lucy
55%
Skandar Keynes / Edmund
8%
Anna Popplewell / Susan
3%
William Moseley / Peter
3%
Ben Barnes / Caspian
3%
Will Poulter / Eustace
30%

Total votes : 40

Re: Best portrayed "Child" thus far?

Postby cipher » May 22, 2011 12:17 pm

Georgie Henley of course. She is so charming! Will Poulter is priceless in VDT. Skendar Keynes, William Mosley and Anna Popplewell are also very good! But Ben Barns' acting is my least favourite. Not because he is bad, but he is just not in the same class as the rest.
cipher
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby puddleglum32 » May 24, 2011 12:19 pm

I voted fo Will because his whole attitude as Eustace was perfect. He could have griped and complained more. But overall he did a splendid job!

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby CharlotteRose » May 26, 2011 9:50 am

Will Poulter without a doubt. I already loved Will from his other projects but in VDT he was just awesome. I think practically the whole of NW agrees! He is a great actor and portrayed Eustace exactly how I had imagined him. He is one of the reasons why I am against MN next. It would be such a shame if he never came back.
Georgie is a close second for me as she is also exactly how I saw Lucy and I think that (Its more obvious in LWW and PC, but still) she really IS Lucy and understands her exactly. She is also a great actress.
Ben Barnes is probably joint second. I didn't mind the age increase, infact, i support it. I just think that I like Will better. But i loved Bens performance in PCand at the time I thought that nothing could match or beat him! :)
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Eustace » May 27, 2011 11:02 pm

It was hard choice between Lucy and Eustace. I went for Eustace because well, he was always in character Lucy felt out of character sometimes.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Shy Galadriel » May 27, 2011 11:10 pm

I would like to make a note that everybody seems to be going for Lucy, but Edmund was actually the best actor of the four. Georgie did great with her part, but Skandar really had great acting skills in every part he was in. I really think he pulled off VDT even. With that being said. I think I'm talking about acting rather than portrayal... Oh yes. Well, portrayal-wise Lucy for the first two and Eustace for the VDT. But Ed was the best actor. :)
I dreamt that I dwelt in marble halls

<3 As you wish <3
Shy Galadriel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Ithilwen » May 28, 2011 1:11 am

I think Lucy and Edmund are the best portrayed children. I think they really captured them. lucy's devotion to Aslan, child-like faith, sweetness, and adventurous spirit. Edmund's brattiness at first, and humble, heroic qualities later on. :) Eustace was alos amazing. Will Poulter nailed him. It's a shame his great performance was overshadowed by the other, terrible aspects of the film, though.

I don't think they did that great a job in the others. Peter they turned into a bossy bully. And Susan became a know-it-all. I don't really feel I got to know Caspian at all.

I had always pictured Peter as a leader. And Susan as a motherly figure. Sure Susan has a moment of moodiness in a chapter of PC. But that's only one small part. And the rest of the time, she seemed very kind to me. She... was my favorite. :(

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby juzuma loves lucy » Jul 05, 2011 4:38 am

All are excellent thought I chose Lucy. I remember my first LWW book with photos and I couldn't imagine Lucy another way. She IS Lucy. She's older than her but she was the first person in the world I was jealous about when I saw the films.
Lucy:Do you remember who really defeated the White Witch?
Peter: Yes.
Susan:No.
Lucy:Do you both believe in Narnia?
Narnians, Caspian and Edmund:We believe.
Susan and Peter:Shut up.
juzuma loves lucy
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby wild rose » Aug 14, 2011 1:25 pm

I had to go with Georgie Henley as Lucy, to me I think she portrayed her the best, VDT was a bit of a dissapointment, but she is still the best to me. Considering I saw the movie before I read the book, I just couldn't imagine Lucy any other way, she is perfect in my opinion :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Lilygloves » Aug 26, 2011 7:57 pm

I voted for Georgie, but it was really close between her and Will Poulter. He was fantastic, but Georgie IS Lucy. I don't want to imagine anyone else being Lucy but her. But props to Will for pulling off such an annoying character and making him so lovable at the same time. :ymapplause:
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Previous