This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ramandu - ?

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Ramandu - ?

Postby Queen of Narnia » Sep 10, 2009 12:01 pm

I am seriously wondering if there's even going to be a Ramandu himself in the movie. So far we didn't get any information about somebody casted as Ramandu and everytime I read something about the movie he was never mentioned. Meanwhile I really think he won't be in the movie at all. So that means they changed this part of the story and it might also be that they changed the name of the island itself, too (if the name of it is going to be mentioned at all).

As long as the story fits and the movie isn't going to become too different from the book the lack of Ramandu is not a big problem to me. Yet I will miss the character somehow, because to me he represents some kind of magic in the book.

What do you think? Do you think he won't be in the movie at all or do you think it's still possible that they cast somebody for the part?

(I didn't mention the leaked script on purpose and I hope we can discuss about that without mentioning it :) )
Queen of Narnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Ramandu - ?

Postby Umbarto » Sep 10, 2009 12:45 pm

Hmm... I would be severely disappointed if Ramandu wasn't featured in the film. I think, though, that he'll be in it. There's still plenty of filming to do, so there's time.

Oh, and here's to Christopher Lee as Ramandu! (stereotype, I know :D )
‘Then rightly you game the name to the youngest of your children,’ said Ambarussa, ‘and Umbarto “the Fated” was its true form.’ –The Shibboleth of Fëanor.
Umbarto
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby starkat » Sep 10, 2009 1:06 pm

I'm kind of wondering if Douglas Gresham might not play that part. I doubt it as his previous cameos were very small, but it would be interesting if he did!

They probably just haven't announced the role yet. It is a small enough part that the actor may only be on the set for a short time and they may be waiting to announce it until after he has come and gone.
starkat

Postby VDT2010 » Sep 10, 2009 1:22 pm

They probably haven't filmed his scenes yet (nor his daughter obviously), but I doubt anyone is bugging the production company about who is playing him. I'm sure everyone has been cast.
Most movies have a "reading" on day 1 (can be seen on several behind the scenes dvd's on various films). Plus I remember BB saying something about rehearsals before filming (where they run through the whole film a few times, out of costume, but focus on the acting, stagging, etc.)
*Twilight even replaced the actress (can't remember her name) specifically because she could not make rehearsals ;)
VDT2010
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Eustace » Sep 10, 2009 3:37 pm

starkat wrote:I'm kind of wondering if Douglas Gresham might not play that part. I doubt it as his previous cameos were very small, but it would be interesting if he did!

I want Douglas Gresham to play the part as well. I would really be disapointed if they took Ramandu out. :( I guess we wouldn't miss a whole lot in the movie but still I would really miss him as a character in the story.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby IloveFauns » Sep 11, 2009 1:02 am

Welld if RD is in there was need ramandu other wise that would be just weird.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Queen of Narnia » Sep 11, 2009 7:30 am

Thank you so much for all your opinions!

IloveFauns I know what you mean but just think of the many possibilities they have to change that part of the story. For example if they would give her another name (Star, Star's Girl, or just The Queen of Narnia or Caspian's wife) it wouldn't even be necessary to mention her father.

I agree, Christopher Lee would be a very good cast for Ramandu. But I love the idea starkat posted of Doulgas Gresham playing Ramandu. That would be really interesting to see. Who knows maybe they even let him playing it since it's just a small part I guess he could act it very well. :)
Queen of Narnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby bkey » Sep 11, 2009 11:29 am

I wouldn't be too worried. We haven't heard the casting announcements of a lot of characters (Eustace's parents for example). It doesn't necessarily mean that the characters have been cut. They've only been filming for a few weeks now anyway, its possible they haven't even cast him yet.
bkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby IloveFauns » Sep 12, 2009 1:15 am

I want more cast information soon and i hope they tell us who is going to play ramandu soon.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby narnian1 » Sep 12, 2009 8:27 am

I am trusting that he will be in the movie, even though it isn't a major role. I find it to be important still, much like his daughter.

Like others have said, it's still early in filming so much time is left to announce him.
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Ella Kelly » Sep 18, 2009 12:52 pm

I think Douglas Gresham would be cool, or maybe even...Liam Neeson? (just a random thought)
Ella Kelly
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lady of the Green Kirtle » Sep 21, 2009 8:09 pm

I wonder if the fact that they haven't announced who will be playing the character means that they are trying to keep it under wraps until the premiere which would indicate that someone special will be playing the part (in which case Gresham would be a good candidate). Or it could just mean that whoever is in charge of releasing this information didn't find it important enough to announce yet.

in my opinion I think Ian McKellen would be great in the part (a stereotype, I know, but it's just what I think)
That's why I'm going to stand by the play world. I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia. -Puddleglum
Lady of the Green Kirtle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Peepiceeka » Oct 01, 2009 5:00 pm

It seems really odd that we haven't gotten the casting information on him yet. But I definitely don't think that this means he isn't in the movie at all: it's too major, even if it is just a small part. They may be trying to keep it a secret, which, being the "Only minor spoilers" type person that I am, I would love it if this was a special surprise to look forward to until the premiere. Douglas Gresham never occured to me as a candidate, but it's not completely unlikely, he has the right voice for the role.
Peepiceeka
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby GlimGlum » Oct 01, 2009 6:16 pm

I think the odds are pretty good that Ramandu will be in VDT. Gotta have that duet with Ramandu and his daughter. :ymapplause:

It is a relatively small but important role. So it may not be announced until some later time. Poor old Ramandu, he was literally a star in Narnia, but in our world it would appear that his daughter outshines him. :-o
(As far as popularity goes, that is.) ;;)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby TumnusTheBrave » Oct 11, 2009 6:09 am

they cant leave him out
he is important in the story. hes the one that tells them to go to the end of the world
Because I Believe In a Free Narnia
- Mr.Tumnus
TumnusTheBrave
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Narnia Girl » Nov 14, 2009 6:11 am

I'm hoping very hard that he will be in the movie. His role is small, and they may not have chosen him yet.

But if he isn't in the movie, I will be very, very upset. X( To me, he's an important character.
Founder of the Dragon Fan Club - PM me to join!
Team Hoodie!
I've met Michael English!
Avie and sig by theprincessspy.
Narnia Girl
NarniaWeb Guru

Next