This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Aravis

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Aravis

Postby NarnianAtHeart » Apr 03, 2011 10:18 am

I thought it was time for an Aravis topic :) what she should look like? her personality? and anything else about her....I imagined her some what long black hair green eyes and about 12-14 in age....personality a spunky tomboy that likes to dress in nice clothes + a little cautious in the beginning with Shasta
WILL POULTER IS EUSTACE club!

sincerely NAH ( Narnian At Heart)
Narnia a world were you and I belong
NarnianAtHeart
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Aravis

Postby Valiant » Apr 03, 2011 5:07 pm

Yes! :D ;) Aravis is one of my favorite characters. I think that is partially because I am kind of like her. I certainly share some of her weaknesses (like pride and anger, but not as extreme :p :ymblushing: .)

I imagine her with black hair as well, and brown eyes (but green would be cool :).) Around 14 sounds like a pretty good age. I have always imagined her and Shasta as older than, let's say, Diggory and Polly.
I guess her image will depend of what "ethnic group" the film makers decide to make the Calormen. I have always imagined them as Middle Eastern/South Asian, but I don't know if they will change that.

I have always wanted to play Aravis, but since that's not going to happen :p , does anyone have any idea of a good actress for her? I guess this will be tricky beacuse we don't know when (or if) they will be making the film, so the age will be an issue.
Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic
Valiant
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Anfinwen » Apr 04, 2011 9:59 am

I'm so glad someone finally made a thread for this! I think Aravis should have long, wavy, black or red hair. She probably needs to have dark or olive skin and brown or hazel eyes. Also, I imagine she still had a boyish figure to account for the fact that she could fit in her brother's armor.
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby NarnianAtHeart » Apr 04, 2011 11:25 am

I've been looking for actresses to play her Valiant and Yu Aio looks the part but is to old her is her picture http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... 29,r:6,s:0 Lady Arwen(love the name :D ) I like the idea of a boyish figure with her brothers armor alot! Valiant Aravis is one of favorite characters to :D

I just found another girl who would be good for the part Sydney Park http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... 29,r:2,s:0 and she is about the right age

last but not least cymphinique miller http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... CCsQ9QEwBA

NarnianAtHeart
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lucia » Apr 04, 2011 7:46 pm

I've waited for this topic for long time!
I want to act aravis,too :)
I am Japanese,and also big fan of Yu Aoi.
In my imagination,Aravis has black long hair and eyes(or red),olive-color skin,asian looking :)
And I think she is more humanity than other girls in the chronicles,that's why I love about her ;)
Lucia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby NarnianAtHeart » Apr 04, 2011 8:06 pm

Lucia!!! I am so glad th hear from you!!!! it's Jessi... I first saw Yu Aio on your youtube account :) hope to talk to you soon Jessi :D

NarnianAtHeart
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Kira » Apr 04, 2011 9:12 pm

Mm, the first girl has the right hair and skin tone, but I never really pictured Aravis as asian.

Sheesh, the internet is messed up now days. I tried looking for "arabian girl" and "young arabian girl" and innappropriate sites keep popping up. How can if be so hard to find someone that fits my mind's eye picture of Aravis? :-\
Even to your old age and gray hairs
I am He, I am He who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you;
I will sustain you and I will rescue you.
- Isaiah 46:4
Kira
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lucia » Apr 05, 2011 2:19 am

Dear narnianatheart,
You are Jessi!!How nice I can speak to you hear:D
Do you still have your big dream,right!?

Dear Valiant,
Where are you from??I think all of the girls want to act aravis have a chance equally at this time*
Yes,we don't know they will make it or not.But we can make our efforts while they make other movies of narnia!(I mean to say,try to get an agent;try to be good rider;go to theatre school...etc:)

Dear kira,
Oh,I wanted to say "asian" & "Arabian"!!!I forgot to add last one,and I agree!So I am not good enough to act aravis.Moreover,I am not cute!They won't cast such a girl :((

Everyone---
I am sooo happy to join you guys!I hope I can be a "nice member" :)
Lucia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Shy Galadriel » Apr 05, 2011 9:11 am

Aravis is one of the characters that I wouldn't mind if they made her older (I minded that Caspian was older in the movie than the book). I think that Aravis's story lends itself well to having a girl about 16 or something. I want her to be pretty, but ordinary enough to passed over when she is disguised as a boy. I don't have any specific actresses in mind, especially as we don't know if or when the HHB will ever be made.
HHB is the best book of the Narnia series to lend itself to a movie, so I really hope they make it. And Lasaraleen is my fave character out of the whole series. ;)
I dreamt that I dwelt in marble halls

<3 As you wish <3
Shy Galadriel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby NarnianAtHeart » Apr 05, 2011 10:38 am

Kira I now what you meen that's what happend when I started looking.....Lucia how are you? how are things in Japan? and yes I'm still hoping to be Jill Pole in SC :ymblushing: .... Shy Galadriel I like Lasaraleen to :D

NarnianAtHeart
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lucia » Apr 06, 2011 12:34 am

Well,jessi,I am fine ;) But I am scared the nuclear problems :-s
I glad there is a girl still hoping to be jill*
Though it looks MN will be made next,I think they will make SC in the future because there are SOOOO many people waiting for it :)
I hope they will make HHB,too!Like Shy Galadriel said,it will be so nice in the screen!!
Lucia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » Apr 06, 2011 3:48 am

Lucia and NarnianAtHeart, please could you try to stay on the topic? If you would like to talk about other things, will you try different threads?

Maybe take some time to look at the other sections of the forum, so you know what we discuss in each area?

This thread is just to talk about Aravis, what she will be like in the movie and which actresses could play her.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby NarnianAtHeart » Apr 06, 2011 10:50 am

I'm sorry coracle..but I haven't talked to Lucia for a while and I 've been woried about her since she is in Japan....back on subject.....I have thought of Aravis as more of a tall girl..also she is a girl to speak her mind and they should show that in the movie

NarnianAtHeart
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lucia » Apr 06, 2011 4:27 pm

oh...I am so sorry... :((
well,aravis is so brave & novel girl in the books,and I hope they will make her into such a girl(i wish you will understand my terrible grammer...)
And she also have to ride Hwin,so they will take very good rider for this role!
Oh,and I also love Hwin!She is sooo kind & gentle,so I want to be like her... :ymhug:
Lucia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » Apr 08, 2011 4:04 am

NarnianAtHeart wrote:I'm sorry coracle..but I haven't talked to Lucia for a while and I 've been woried about her since she is in Japan

Oh I see. I understand - I live in an earthquake-damaged house in Christchurch NZ, and getting in touch with people after the quake was very important. :ymhug:
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Jill » Apr 08, 2011 7:24 am

I can't really add anything to this but agreement, she should have dark eyes and hair be noble, brave and a great rider. I love Lasareleen too.
Comfort child we are between the paws of the true Aslan.- King Tirian

If this is the real world the the play world a great deal better- Puddleglum
Jill
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Standing at the door to Aslans country from Experiment House

Next