This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

VDT – Creatures featured as part of Dawn Treader crew

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

What do you think of having multiple Narnian creatures aboard the Dawn Treader?

1. Great idea - Will help nonreaders who expect them
No votes
2. I like the idea - What’s a Narnian ship without Narnians?
33%
3. No big deal one way or the other
15%
4. OK if only 25% or less of crew are creatures
11%
5. Don’t like the idea but I will get used to it
22%
6. Thumbs down – Not faithful to the book at all
19%
7. Other – Please state
No votes

Total votes : 27

Re: VDT – Creatures featured as part of Dawn Treader crew

Postby fantasia » Oct 05, 2009 9:05 am

I'm fine with creatures being aboard the Dawn Treader. It really doesn't bother me a bit. About the only one I'd say no to are centaurs. (Course, I'm not too hot on the minotaurs either... *rolls eyes*)

By the way, this is slightly offtopic, but either Bayside Bulletin or Gold Coast News confirmed that Shane Rangi's minotaur is named Tavros. I think we had a sneaking suspicion that was going to be the name, but it's now confirmed. Thought you all might want to know *Updates the DT Cast and Crew page*
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby GlimGlum » Oct 05, 2009 11:48 am

Oops. I realized today that I forgot to cast a vote for my own poll. :ymblushing: Originally I was going to vote for "Don't like the idea but I will get used to it"; ended up voting for "I like the idea - What's a Narnian ship without Narnians".

I think the change was due to getting used to the fact that there will be creatures on board other than Reepicheep. And I think part of the reasoning will be that people who haven't read the books will expect to see Narnian creatures. Also, maybe the filmmakers just thought if Caspian helped to free them he would take some with him on the voyage.

Oh well, no matter what the reason, more creatures will be on board the Dawn Treader than in the book. I hope it works out in a good way. :)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby Lady of the Green Kirtle » Oct 27, 2009 6:52 pm

It doesn't bother me as long as the creatures don't play a major role in the movie, thus changing the over-all plot of the story. Frankly I sort of suspected from the beginning, even before filming began, that they would have creatures on-board; as I mentioned in a previous post I think it's just an attempt on the part of the movie-makers to make more money, $-) obviously more people are going to want to see minotaurs and fauns than just people and mice.

fantasia_kitty wrote:About the only one I'd say no to are centaurs.

I don't know, with their knowledge of astronomy I think a centaur would be a pretty effective navigator. (*)
That's why I'm going to stand by the play world. I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia. -Puddleglum
Lady of the Green Kirtle
NarniaWeb Regular

Previous