This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Who will they bring back?

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Who will they bring back?

Postby Movie Aristotle » Sep 06, 2009 10:33 pm

We know that there were Narnian creatures in the book PC.
We know that there were not Narnian creatures (except Reep) in the book VDT.
We know that there were Narnian creatures in the movie PC.
We know that there will be Narnian creatures in the movie VDT.
We know that Trumpkin is not among these Narnian creatures in VDT.

Question 1: Is it possible that for VDT they will bring other Narnian creature characters back from PC?

Question 2: If they do, who is most likely to come back?

I'd sure hate to see Glenstorm or Trufflehunter on the Dawn Treader, but perhaps some of the minor characters will return?
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Re: Who will they bring back?

Postby JadistarkilleR » Sep 07, 2009 2:37 am

on one of the photos-that-shall-not-be-named, one of the crew members rowing one of the boats is a minotaur, so if he's there, surely there are Narnian creatures aboard the Dawn Treader as well. now if they are specific characters from the other films its yet to be confirmed. there were old rumors that Dr Cornelius is aboard the ship, but those are just that, rumors. there's been several script changes and i dont hear Vincent Grass to be part of the cast shooting at the Gold Coast now, so chances are, they're probably gonna be the generic Narnians.

You have a chance to become the most noble contradiction in history
...the Telmarine who saved Narnia.
JadistarkilleR
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby icarus » Sep 07, 2009 11:03 am

An interesting question there...

From a strictly Narnia-World perspective, it would stand to reason that any creatures which are now on-board the Dawn Treader would also have been alive during the events of Prince Caspian. So in theory, it is more than possible that the creature characters now present in VDT could also have been present in PC.

However, from a practical movie perspective, i don't see it happening. Firstly, after rightly abandoning their plans to insert Trumpkin and Cornelius into the movie, i can't see that they would then go and do the same with any other major characters (Trufflehunter, etc) who don't belong in the book, which would risk further fan annoyance.

And secondly, in the case of the less significant creature characters, i can't see it being worth their while importing over all the local actors/extras from the Czech Republic to reprise their roles, just for the sake of some minor continuity, which most people wouldn't really notice.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby greenbird37 » Sep 07, 2009 8:57 pm

Glancing at some pictures today...it seems that there might be a minotaur in the movie and I think I saw a Trumpkin look-a-like...I could be wrong! that would be just wrong! :-\
"We have nothing if not belief"
greenbird37
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby starkat » Sep 08, 2009 3:33 am

That picture in the story was probably of a red dwarf, but remember that Tirian and fantasia got it confirmed by the production that Trumpkin is not in the film. :)
starkat

Postby FrecklefaceJill » Sep 10, 2009 5:04 pm

I thought that Trumpkin wasn't in the book VDT anyway.............., I guess I'll have to read it again before the movie comes out...................

~Jill~
Co-founder of the Dragon Fan Club!!! PM me if you'd like to join!
Avvie by AslansChild
Hoot Owl of NW! PM Lady Faith to join!
NW sib: Quinlin
FrecklefaceJill
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Movie Aristotle » Sep 13, 2009 10:29 pm

In the following link ellz_bellz mentions seeing a Faun from PC:

http://www.narniaweb.com/2009/09/new-dawn-treader-filming-report/

Could this possibly be the lookout on top of the Howe or is it somebody else?
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Sep 14, 2009 12:25 pm

I actually would LOVE to see Trufflehunter in board the Dawn Treader! he would be able to help Reepicheep talk some sense into Eustace's head! lol! :)
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby daughter of the King » Sep 25, 2009 7:33 pm

Trumpkin and Doctor Cornelius are not in the book or the movie. Nobody thought of Trufflehunter before, but there hasn't been any evidence to say he'll be in the movie. From the pictures we've seen, it looks like just Narnians, not major characters.
I have seen two Minotaurs, two Fauns, and one Dwarf at various times. And I think I saw a Satyr at one point......
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby fantasia » Sep 28, 2009 10:01 am

Movie Aristotle wrote:Question 1: Is it possible that for VDT they will bring other Narnian creature characters back from PC?

Question 2: If they do, who is most likely to come back?

I don't think they'll bring any of the named characters, be it minor or major. If they were going to do so, Trumpkin and Cornelius would still be on board. At any rate, we know there are at least one (I think two) dwarf, one faun, one satyr and three minotaurs. (At least, that's how many I've counted for sure thus far.) And none of them scream "I was in Prince Caspian!!"
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Adeona » Sep 28, 2009 6:46 pm

I wouldn't mind a minor character coming back. I think it would be kind of cute if they included Pattertwig (*covers head to ward off blows of book purists*) Not for anything big, just as a background character with one line or so. I know, I know, what would be the point of a squirrel on a ship?
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Oct 08, 2009 1:27 pm

I think the lookout faun should be on board. I loved that dude!!! I wanted to see more of him! He looked like such a nice person, uh, faun. I think it would be cool to have him! Adeona, i think that would be neat to have pattertwig! He was voiced be Harry Gregson-Williams who composed the music, so I don't know if there would be any hard feelings since hes not doing it this time :(
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lady of the Green Kirtle » Oct 11, 2009 8:12 pm

Normally I'm a book purist, but it really doesn't bother me too much that they are adding some non-human Narnians to the Dawn Treader crew, as long as they don't play a major role in the movie. I think it's just an attempt on the part of the movie-makers to make the movie more interesting and sell more tickets $-) (after all, what's a good Narnia movie without a few mythical creatures? ;) ) As far as the other characters from PC, I don't think they'll be on the ship. If I remember right, Trumpkin was supposed to be in charge of Narnia while Caspian was gone (or was that Dr. Cornelius? :-? ) and frankly, I just can't see Trufflehunter on a ship.
That's why I'm going to stand by the play world. I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia. -Puddleglum
Lady of the Green Kirtle
NarniaWeb Regular