This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Poll: Vote on Georgie's Performance in VDT

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Which option best describes Georgie Henley's performance in VDT?

It was great!
9%
A very good/solid performance
26%
A good performance
21%
An average/so so performance
28%
Not very good
5%
It was bad
7%
Terrible
5%
Other - Please explain
No votes

Total votes : 58

Poll: Vote on Georgie's Performance in VDT

Postby GlimGlum » Jan 25, 2011 12:52 pm

After reading a number of negative posts about Georgie's performance in VDT,
I thought I would find out where most people stand. I had no problem with it and voted for "A very good/solid performance".

How anbout the rest of you. Thanks for votes and comments. :)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Re: Poll: Vote on Georgie's Performance in VDT

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Jan 25, 2011 1:20 pm

I felt that Georgie Henley did put in a very good performance as Lucy. I liked the scenes she was in on the Magician's Island, and at the end of the film. She also interacted well with 'Gael', being protective, with Caspian (Ben Barnes) and with Edmund.

I wonder if Lucy's overall performance suffered by the omission in the film of the scene where she gives Eustace medicine for sea-sickness? It seems that particular moment from the book was not considered necessary to the film, despite the references to Eustace and his sea-legs. However, it would have been a great character-building moment for Lucy, that she does think about the welfare of others.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Shastafan » Jan 25, 2011 4:10 pm

I thought Georgie was good, as usual. I loved her acting, and if it was bad, I honestly didn't really notice. I hope she's back for MN! ;)
Shastafan
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby georgiefan1 » Jan 25, 2011 5:52 pm

I voted good/solid preformance

*points to username* I'm slightly biased to the actress in question but I do think she did very well! Some lines from her weren't my favorite(slightly forced and slightly cheesy) but she did very well based on the script she was given. Georgie is a fantastic actress and did very well in VDT
NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!
georgiefan1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Valiant » Jan 25, 2011 7:17 pm

I said good performance. I was a little disappointed because we have seen Georgie do much much better. She was good, but I knew it could have been fabulous. However I think that her acting was hindered due to the script and she did the best she could. Good job! :)
Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic
Valiant
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Eustace » Jan 28, 2011 9:23 am

I am not sure whether was her or just her lines. Plus, we don't know if she was told to act that way. He voice sounded really weird at times and I got the impression that she had a crush on Caspian.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Adeona » Jan 29, 2011 3:28 am

I voted for "Good"
Her performance was below what we saw in LWW and PC. Not sure why - it may be something to do with the change in directors. :-\

Georgie did a great job on the scenes in England, the Lone Islands, the mirror scene with Aslan, and in most of her interactions with Gael and Reepicheep. Her acting through most of the other scenes was fine. But in several important scenes it didn't come off quite right.
The very first scene with Gael ("Welcome aboard" Forced.)
The final scene with Aslan, for goodness sakes! :( Her acting wasn't quite real.
The snow scene is growing on me.

I've got to get to bed - 1:30am here and my brain is not working. :p I'll add to this post when it's functioning normally again. But you got the idea - the negatives kinda dragged down an otherwise good performance.
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby Josh » Jan 29, 2011 11:05 am

While she was mostly good she had a lot of cringe worthy moments that are partially the fault of the scriptwriters but at the same time the delivery could have been better.

I think the way she delievered "We did it! I knew we would" was flat out bad, and her facial expression was wrong in every way possible.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby fireheart209 » Jan 29, 2011 11:21 am

I find it hard to formulate an opinion on Georgie's acting because the script she was given had some terrible lines in it. she was given so many "Captain Obvious" lines and others I don't think any actor could have made sound good. Georgie did such a good job in the other two films, I have to assume that she did the best she could with a terrible script. I feel the same way about Skandar--his acting was awesome in the previous two movies. I didn't find him so believable in this one--but that was probably because I didn't find his storyline believable.
fireheart209
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Speaker-to-animals » Jan 30, 2011 1:07 am

At the risk of being controversial, I personally felt like Georgie and Skander's hearts were not with this movie. True their lines were pretty cheesy at times, but I really felt they were distant from their roles/characters, as if they as real people have grown up and moved away a bit from Narnia (which is a bit ironic given Aslan's conversation with them). Just my opinion. ;;)
Speaker-to-animals
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby stateofgreen » Jan 30, 2011 3:16 am

I voted "good performance". She was especially on the mark at the end---saying goodbye to Reep and Aslan.

I think Georgie was doing the best she could with a poorly developed script/character arc. :(( She might have done better if they developed more: 1. Lucy trying to help Eustace out during the voyage, as Wagga mentioned upthread with the healing cordial, and just plain trying to be compassionate to him even when he's being so rotten to all of them....in the book she sees Eustace-Dragon crying and wants to help it like Androcles and the Lion....that's the sweet Lucy we know and love. 2. Her experience in the Magician's House and the Dufflepud story from the book.

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jan 31, 2011 2:17 pm

it was great! :D Georgie did an awesome job! I love how she played Lucy even more than the last two movies (though she was awesome in LWW and PC too!)! and she's just so natural! I love how she worked off of Ben and Skandar too! :D and with Gael! they were great together! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby DamselJillPole » Jan 31, 2011 2:32 pm

I thought her acting was very good/ solid. It wasnt spectacular like she was in LWW, but still very good! ;)
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lucy_the_Oracle » Jan 31, 2011 5:39 pm

I voted for "A very good/solid performance". She's definitely one of my favorite actresses (playing my all-time favorite character) but I really don't think it deserved "Outstanding" the way the first two did. I do think that had something to do with the script, but there were just enough "slightly off" scenes/lines to take it down a peg. :(
As long as there is breath in my body, I will be For Narnia. And for Aslan.
Lucy_the_Oracle
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Minty » Feb 13, 2011 7:56 pm

I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but I agree with pretty much everything above. She blew me away in LWW, so we know she can do outstanding work, but the lines she was given...no one could do much with them. But she still gave a good performance altogether. :D I wouldn't have any other actress as Lucy.
Minty
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Ithilwen » Feb 14, 2011 3:09 am

I voted she did bad. I thought she did amazing in the first two. But in VDT, her performance didn't seem anywhere near being up to par.

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Next