This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Poll: Vote on Georgie's Performance in VDT

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Which option best describes Georgie Henley's performance in VDT?

It was great!
9%
A very good/solid performance
26%
A good performance
21%
An average/so so performance
28%
Not very good
5%
It was bad
7%
Terrible
5%
Other - Please explain
No votes

Total votes : 58

Re: Poll: Vote on Georgie's Performance in VDT

Postby 220chrisTian » Jun 07, 2011 12:32 pm

Many of you made good points, especially cipher and coracle. Maybe we need to discuss Georgie's performance as a teen actor alongside other child stars. Some made it as teen and adult actors; others didn't. The best female examples are probably Shirley Temple and Elizabeth Taylor.

Shirley Temple (born 1928 - still alive :-o ) was great as a child actress, not so much as a teen and adult. No one watched her anymore because she wasn't "cute." Yet I thought she did really well in "The Bachelor and the Bobby-Soxer" (1947). It took me awhile to realize the main actress was Shirley! Her last feature-length film was 1949. Then Shirley quit acting.

Compare this to Elizabeth Taylor (1932-2011)! She was amazing as a child actress in "Lassie come home" (1943), "National Velvet" (1944), and "Little Women" (1949). Yet Elizabeth broke out of that mold and became a successful adult actress in her own right.

The point is, some make it and some don't. A few critics saw Georgie's performance in LWW and said "move over, Dakota Fanning." Yet Dakota's performances in the Twilight movies make her seem a much more promising teen and adult actress than Georgie...
220chrisTian

Postby Edis1 » Jun 08, 2011 10:55 am

I think she did pretty good, but she did a lot better in the first two films
Avy & Sig by Ithilwen Jesus loves you! Join the Edmund fan club! PM me to join! members-5
Image Legolas=Awesome!
Edmund=Fantastic!
Edis1
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby cauliflowers » Jun 24, 2011 11:20 pm

Georgie's performance in the Voyage of The Dawn Treader is a big move away from the Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

First film she was just a girl of ten to VDT aged fifteen/sixteen. Georgie has changed, the script had to change to match her youth, and the story from the book became more darker and intense.

There was awe and mystery about The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, maybe it had something to do with me not knowing anything about the contents of the book. Absolute magical.

Georgie's acting in the VDT was a bit stiff at times but delivered when it matter. I would rate her performance 7 out of 10.
:ymapplause:
cauliflowers
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Aurora » Jul 06, 2011 1:56 pm

Her performance was pretty good - you can see how much she has grown up since LWW.
Aurora
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Previous