This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Young Digory Kirke

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Young Digory Kirke

Postby NarnianAtHeart » Apr 02, 2011 4:16 pm

FencerforJesus your so funny! =))

anyway I always thought of Digory with brown hair blue eyes...Asa looks almost perfect for digory...Cainan reminds me of Edmond to much...and Greyson does have that 21 century look about him not 1930's London? But it would be interesting if Digory had Blond hair and brown eyes... and good acting skills,but he needs those anyway ;)
WILL POULTER IS EUSTACE club!

sincerely NAH ( Narnian At Heart)
Narnia a world were you and I belong
NarnianAtHeart
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby FencerforJesus » Apr 02, 2011 6:59 pm

That actually wasn't my idea. It was NarniaFans April Fools Joke that I stole.

Back to normal topic, Asa reminds VERY much like a young Elijah Wood. If you put a picture of Elijah Wood from when he was in Forever Young or Radio Flyer and put is side by side with Asa Butterfield and the two look almost identical. Asa could do it. I loved him in Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

Then again, if its money Walden and Fox need for the rest of the series, it doesn't matter what they do to the story, cast Justin Beiber and that will do it alone. (I am being facetious and do not want him to even audition. He has enough on his hands.)
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jul 20, 2011 11:05 am

The first person who comes to my mind when talking about young Digory casting would be Freddie Highmore. Unfortunately I think he's gotten too old now. He is an amazing actor, but I don't think he'd be able to be a young pre-adolescent. I really don't know who else would be great, but anybody but Justin Bieber would make me happy. :p

Here's Highmore's IMDb page http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0383603/
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby CharlotteRose » Jul 20, 2011 11:20 am

Freddie Highmore is excellent but in my opinion, when he was in charlie and the chocolate factory he was a little bit too old perhaps?! Someone like him would be great though :)
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby magic-rings » Jul 28, 2011 12:08 pm

What about Charlie Rowe? Look him up...he looks kind of like a Digory in my mind...but might be too old! :( :)
magic-rings
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby CharlotteRose » Aug 07, 2011 8:48 am

Good actor, maybe too old though (At least by the time/if MN is made)
I was going to suggest Lawrence belcher after I saw him as young professor X in Xmen first class, (A part Charlie Rowe was going to play) but then I reaslised they are actually the same age! :( Belcher looks younger though...
( http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2875966/ )
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Dernhelm_of_Rohan » Aug 07, 2011 10:57 am

CharlotteRose wrote:Good actor, maybe too old though (At least by the time/if MN is made)

Yeah, something we're not taking into account is that (assuming they ever make MN), it'll be at least four years from now, and probably longer. The right actor may not even have surfaced yet, if he's only six or seven now.

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby magic-rings » Aug 08, 2011 8:52 am

Dernhelm_of_Rohan wrote:
CharlotteRose wrote:Good actor, maybe too old though (At least by the time/if MN is made)

Yeah, something we're not taking into account is that (assuming they ever make MN), it'll be at least four years from now, and probably longer. The right actor may not even have surfaced yet, if he's only six or seven now.
Your right...but who knows they might decide that Digory and Polly should be older than in the books. Its been done before. Lawrence belcher could be quite good...but then again, what will he look like in about two years time...or even more! He does look like a Digory i have imagened. :)
magic-rings
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby DigoryLovesPolly4ever » Aug 13, 2011 5:35 pm

I heard the news that MN is actually going to be the next movie installment of the series so it's great that now we can actually start thinking of good actors who may be able to portray Polly and Digory. I personally imagine Digory to be a brunnette with light eyes and Troye Sivan is just how i pictured him!
I'm not sure when the movie will come out though, maybe next year or the year after, it depends how fast production works...
For Narnia!
DigoryLovesPolly4ever
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby perfect_jill_pole » Aug 27, 2011 7:49 am

Still going for Greyson Chance, Cainan Wiebe or Max Records... But, Troye Sivan does seem good!
Greyson! Greyson! Greyson!
Attachments
greyson.jpg
Greyson Chance
greyson.jpg (32.99 KiB) Viewed 15582 times
HELP SAVE SILVER CHAIR! WATCH VDT!
perfect_jill_pole
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Dernhelm_of_Rohan » Aug 29, 2011 4:05 pm

Oh, my goodness gracious goblins.... Greyson looks JUST like I always pictured Digory! Is his acting good?

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lilygloves » Aug 30, 2011 10:03 pm

I think he should look pretty young. He and Polly seem less mature than the Pevensies were when they first went to Narnia, so maybe around 10 or 11. Kind of like Lucy in LWW. I always imagined him as brunette.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby perfect_jill_pole » Sep 06, 2011 8:55 pm

Greyson, I think he´s good at acting, he is a singer, but I guess " all " singers act. I always pictured Digory like Greyson...
HELP SAVE SILVER CHAIR! WATCH VDT!
perfect_jill_pole
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Evelyn » Jan 01, 2012 1:05 pm

Yes, please! Someone get Asa Butterfield into Narnia as Digory! He was amazing in Hugo! (A movie very well worth seeing!) I think if they started MN production with in a few months, Asa would still work, but that is not going to happen. *sign* They missed their chance!
Merry Christmas!

"I'm here to save Elizabeth!" ~ Will Turner
Evelyn
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » Jan 01, 2012 4:20 pm

Sorry Evelyn, but it will be a few years before another Narnia film is under way. You can find the information about this on the front page & news.

If MN is the next film made, we are therefore looking for a boy who is 5 to 8 years old at the moment!
He will be English, not an American pop star who can fake an accent, so try looking into very young male english actors.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Previous