This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Cast of the BBC's Chronicles

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: The Cast of the BBC's Chronicles

Postby JillPoleFan565 » Feb 17, 2011 6:00 pm

the only one that was well cast was jill camilla is a good actress the rest it was bad acting and just weren't like the characters at all
watch me on youtube doing narnia monologues
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnnabananagirl
JillPoleFan565
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby stateofgreen » Feb 17, 2011 7:25 pm

I really think Camilla Power was well-cast (she's distantly related to Tyrone Power). I thought Tom Baker was great as Puddleglum, but I did not like the casting (David Thwaites) of Eustace because he did not fit my image of the book Eustace. Will P. does a much better job in the movie (even if he's not brunette... :p ). The LWW cast I did overall think was okay except I didn't care for how they cast Lucy, she acted well, but she didn't fit my image of book Lucy. The actors playing Peter, Ed, and Susan were good. I actually prefer the BBC Susan over movie Susan because she was more like my image of book Susan. Sam West was a great Prince Caspian. Young Caspian was just okay. Ronald Pickup did a good job as Aslan's voice. Warwick Davis was okay as Reep but I can't help laughing when I see him in that overpadded mouse suit. :( Richard Henders (Rilian) was fine. And the White Witch/Green Lady-Barbara Kellerman was excellent in both parts.

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Feb 17, 2011 7:32 pm

I'm impressed with a lot of the actors who were in this show.

Camilla power as Jill pole will always be my number one favorite, she captured Jill so well! I love her. :ymapplause:

The actors from the show who I mainly see all the time in films now and just doing really great is Samuel West who played King Caspian in VODT and Gabrielle Anwar who played Ramandu's Daughter. I see her all the time in Burn Notice and she was fantastic as the Queen in The Three Musketeers (1994 Disney Version).
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby puddleglum32 » Feb 25, 2011 8:34 pm

Camilla power i thought, was a bratty Jill. Like when she said"I dont want a knife i want a sword." or something like that.
Attachments
narnia.jpg
narnia.jpg (39.49 KiB) Viewed 9640 times

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Valiant » Feb 26, 2011 10:15 am

I think Jill was my favorite out of all the actors. I wasn't really a big fan of most of them though.
Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic
Valiant
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Feb 26, 2011 12:27 pm

puddleglum32 wrote:Camilla power i thought, was a bratty Jill. Like when she said"I dont want a knife i want a sword." or something like that.

She wanted a bow and arrow :p

Anyways Jill was supposed to be a little bit bratty and annoying at first, she is that way in the book. I didn't like her character at first when I read the books but her character change throughout the SC and when she's in LB is amazing! She's trully my favorite. :D
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby puddleglum32 » Feb 26, 2011 12:37 pm

Sorry. i thought it was a sword. I havent seen SC in a while.

Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!
puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » Feb 26, 2011 12:39 pm

^That's alright! I've been a Narnia fan for 19 years now and I still get the biggest and littlest details mixed up sometimes :)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby puddleglum32 » Feb 26, 2011 12:55 pm

Yes and i think the movies do too. When Edmund says"whoa horsie" and philip says"my name is philip." Well if you go to almost the end of HHB, Bree asks Cor if he can give Cor a ride. Then Cor Says"i couldnt do that, except in war no one in Narnia would ever dream of riding a talking horse."

puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » Feb 26, 2011 1:00 pm

^Yeah I remembered that too and something along the lines of him not wanting Cor to hang on to his mane or something and Cor had to ride him without holding on to anything except himself and his knees. I always felt bad for Cor when I read that and i wish BBC could have continued to make the narnia series so that we could have seen this portrayed.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby puddleglum32 » Feb 26, 2011 1:30 pm

Yes but evan though the BBC Chronicles werent great, i would have liked to see it to.
Attachments
Edmund (1).jpg
I dont know how to get a signiture on my post.
Edmund (1).jpg (6.79 KiB) Viewed 9617 times

puddleglum32
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby CharlotteRose » Mar 15, 2011 12:31 pm

Camilla Power as Jill was grat! I think that someone like her should be cast in the new SC if it is made! :)
I wasn't too found of the pevensies either because although they seemed like good actors, they didn't seem like the Pevensies. Especially Susan...she was cool but she wasn't how imagined susan to be.
Eustace was funny as well, though I like the new casting better! I know someone who looks like the old Eustace :D
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Previous