This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Characters you like more in the movie than in the book

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Which characters you like better in the movie than in the book?

Aslan
9%
Edmund
9%
Lucy
6%
Caspian
26%
Eustace
32%
Reepichep
18%

Total votes : 34

Re: Characters you like more in the movie than in the book

Postby Ithilwen » Aug 21, 2011 4:25 pm

I can't say I like anyone in the poll better in the movie. I prefer the book versions to all of those.

But I do love the Beavers in the movie much more than in the book. They were fantastic.

~Riella =:)
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Weirdo » Sep 24, 2011 9:07 am

ok...to start with, definitely Caspian. I mean, he still kinda annoyed me in the movie, but he didn't seem like a prat.
Lucy was less perfect to, which made her a LOT more likeable. Trumpkin was funny, but you could somehow still take him seriously. Miraz was less child-like, and Susan was less in the background. Edmund and Peter were a little less child-like too. In my opinion, the books (being written for children) were more child friendly than the movies. Which is fine with me, because the movies are still really good.
Member of the Switchfoot Club! :D
NW siblings: wild rose, DeDe, The Jedi Clone, Melian Maia, Gathmandais, TheDwarfMan, and csjesi.
I'm a Northie! :D
Member of Loki's Army
Aegrenil, fifth Time Guardian.
Weirdo
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Catching Sherlock Holmes with a lasso as he falls, of course!

Postby narnian_at_heart » Sep 29, 2011 9:44 pm

Susan. I know I'm in the minority here but I loved her character in the movies better than in the movies. Because she fought. *dodges a tomato* b-(

I loved her fighting. I don't care what Father Christmas said about battles being ugly with women in them. Women can and do fight and I loved that Susan fought alongside her brothers and (even though I'm not a Suspian fan) the guy she liked. That was one change that I agreed with in the movie. *dodges more tomatos*
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Characters you like more in the movie than in the book

Postby Alice_WL » Oct 02, 2011 5:30 am

I picked Edmund. His character in the book was a lot more annoying, rude, and careless about others around him who loved him. Skandar did a great job of bringing the character of Edmund to the screen. At least Edmund (movie version) didn't insult his family by giving them various, un-needed insults like the book Edmund did. I was very surprised at how cruel he really came off being toward his family when I read the book again as an adult. :/
"Who knows what I could bring, flying high upon a wing.
I believe that anything can be a princess thing."
- Princess Sofia the First
Alice_WL
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Oct 22, 2011 7:28 am

I liked Aslan better in LWW the movie than the book. I thought he was portrayed as more serious it seems to me. Now I know that it has been said that you should not mess with Aslan, but to me in LWW, I thought at times He was a little bit too playful(Why would He play around with the girls right after He comes back to life when there is a battle going on?).

In VDT the movie, I liked Eustace a lot though too though. :) He was so hilarious that the audience all laughed when they should have, even the few young children in the audience did.

However, I do still like most the book characters a lot better.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Evelyn » Oct 22, 2011 4:58 pm

I liked Caspian better in both movies, though he's great in the books, too. I think they did a good job with Edmund, until he got all the weird lines in VDT. Same with Lucy. Like other people, I did really enjoy Miraz and also Eustace.

~Ev
Merry Christmas!

"I'm here to save Elizabeth!" ~ Will Turner
Evelyn
NarniaWeb Regular

Previous