This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

What did you think of Drinian?

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: What did you think of Drinian?

Postby wild rose » Jul 29, 2011 12:41 pm

I enjoyed Drinian in the movie, I thought it was nice to have someone older and wiser on board, I never really thought of him as young when I read the book, maybe I skipped something, but I always thought of him as an older sort of fellow who was there to make sure everyone was doing what they were supposed to be doing. I really liked the way they portrayed him in VDT, hid apprehension of uncharted waters was perhaps the only thing that annoyed me a little, but only a little, I thought it would be natural that sailors would be supersticious of uncharted waters.....sailors always are :p so it didn't bother me all that much :) :) other than that I really enjoyed the way they made his character, how he was this no no nonsense sort of fellow who really knew what he was doing and knew what everyone else should be doing too. I thought he was the sort of person I wouldn't mind being captain of a ship that I was on, I felt like you could really trust him he was loyal and brave :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Lilygloves » Aug 26, 2011 8:03 pm

I didn't feel like he was a real character, he just was in the background ready to offer comic relief whenever it was necessary. In the books he seems very loyal and a good natured person, not as gruff as he was in the movie. He wasn't memorable at all.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Weirdo » Sep 24, 2011 9:03 am

I think that Drinian was really good. Though pretty rough, there was something really likeable about him.
Member of the Switchfoot Club! :D
NW siblings: wild rose, DeDe, The Jedi Clone, Melian Maia, Gathmandais, TheDwarfMan, and csjesi.
I'm a Northie! :D
Member of Loki's Army
Aegrenil, fifth Time Guardian.
Weirdo
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Catching Sherlock Holmes with a lasso as he falls, of course!

Previous