This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Eustace - Will Poulter

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Eustace - Will Poulter

Postby joy93 » Dec 10, 2010 4:45 pm

Will Poulter is absolutly BRILLIANT!!!!!!! I could not have aked for a better Eustace. He captured the character and it really made the movie special!!! :D I laughed so hard at most of his parts!!! =)) =)) =)) I was overjoyed when Aslan told him at the end "Narnia will need you again" :D :D :D
joy93
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Valiant » Dec 10, 2010 9:23 pm

FANTASTIC! He was the best part of the movie for me. Mr. Poulter, you were fabulous! ;;)
Signature by daughter of the King; Avatar by Adeona

Keeper of the Secret Magic
Valiant
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DestrierDragon » Dec 10, 2010 9:55 pm

Eustace is the Hero in this movie, he saved the characters, and for me, saved the movie! Anything less from Eustace and the movie would have been much worse in my mind, Eustace was so absolutely perfectly done that it has completely raised the movie in my opinion! Excellent acting, and very good scripting, especially compared to the rest of the script! Very excited for Silver Chair!
And all the diary clips!? Bravo, Mr. Apted, we needed that!

rjefvh said: Things I did not like or understand: How did 7 Telmarine Lords wind up with swords to protect Narnia? I thought Caspian's father and those before him hated Narnians.
I did not even think of this, now the plot falls even more apart! Thank goodness for Eustace who saved the movie!
Are you a writer!? Visit my site for Christian writers, www.pensofglory.com as we share the hope we have in Christ, and change the world with words
DestrierDragon
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby stateofgreen » Dec 10, 2010 10:55 pm

I feel better now, I'm going to see this tomorrow mainly for Will Poulter, Eustace-Dragon, and Reepicheep. LOL that he is the saving grace of the whole movie. =))

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby HighQueenofNarnia » Dec 11, 2010 10:00 am

Eustace was pitch perfect. He kept interest very, very well, and, as whoever it was said before, Will nailed it. Spot on. Eustace as a boy, both before and after the dragon, were absolutely brilliantly wonderfully done.

As a book purist, I honestly cannot think of one thing I would have liked to change about Eustace's character as Will Poulter played him. Except, of course, that I would have loved to see more of him. The only thing I was a bit disappointed with (and this is in no way Will's fault) was that Eustace didn't half-drown Lucy, as he did in the book.

But, as for the rest, with the fainting, screaming, sword-fight with Reep, being a coward (even as a dragon), coming over to "guard... something", lying, being a tattle-tale, (and now for the good bits) coming back and fighting while being a dragon, being undragoned, saying those bits about "not being able to do things himself", and crying at the end; Will Poulter completely hit the ball out of the park, to use an American expression. I've got nothing but praise for him.
Pray for Skandar member! PM Benjamin to join!
I saw the film on Opening Day!
When all else fails, read the Instructions!
HighQueenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby lysander » Dec 11, 2010 10:10 am

"I hope he wasn't the British consul."

;))

Of course, Will Poulter was phenomenal in the role. I wanted him to be undragoned earlier simply because we lost precious minutes of his performance.
~~~~~
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."
~~~~~
lysander
Moderator Emeritus

Postby FencerforJesus » Dec 11, 2010 12:18 pm

I have to say thanks to Will Poulter, Skandar Keynes got some serious competition for best Narnia movie actor. Will as Eustace was absolutely perfect. His scenes with Skandar, Ben, Georgie and the others were perfect, but his scene with Reepicheep were even better. The orange scene and the ensuing swordfight is awesome.

But overall, Walden is really blowing it with the Narnia series by waiting until each film is released to green light the next. That is why PC and VDT are stuggling in the box office. It has that stand alone movie feel when it is a continual series, each with a unique cast. They need to move fast on SC. I want to see Will Poulter in the title role next.
Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.
FencerforJesus
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Narnia_Fan12 » Dec 11, 2010 1:05 pm

Will Poulter was the absolute highlight of the movie for me. Eustace was just flat-out amazing. He was hilarious. Especially at the lone islands- when he's gaurding... =))
Narnia_Fan12
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » Dec 11, 2010 2:02 pm

Will was AMAZING.

Even when the script was cheesy or silly, he went beyond the script. His character was so big and real that he MADE the lines his own. He's very, very good at acting; even excellent.

I loved how his manner actually changed from bratty Eustace to redeemed Eustace. He had such control over the way he held himself and even spoke that I could see as well as feel the new person that he became.

I also loved the way that he dropped his guard of being bratty and began to change by bits even before the transformation. Yes, I know that that was probably part of the script, but he did it so naturally and believably.

Seven stars (out of five) for Eustace and Will!
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby Fledge » Dec 11, 2010 3:07 pm

FencerforNarnia, yes! Skandar and Will are tied for first in my book.

Eustace was fantastic, brilliant, great, amazing! He grasped the character of Eustace, imo.
Praying 4 Skandar member.
Fledge
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby stateofgreen » Dec 11, 2010 3:26 pm

I just came back from seeing the movie and I absolutely have a crush on Will Poulter. He is brilliant! Great comedic and dramatic performance! Love the set decoration with the bug jars and certification of hygiene LOL. I loved how he made his voice sound very uppity to depict the bad pre-Dragon Eustace and toned it down when he was post Dragon-Eustace to his real speaking voice, nice touch. I am completely disappointed as well that there was not enough of him and he did not get enough screentime post or pre-Dragon. His Dragon and Reepicheep did not get enough screentime either.

My heart aches that they didn't write lengthier scenes for Will and that the script didn't really support full development of Eustace as there, IMHO should have been.

Will did absolutely get Eustace though, they really should have run with him and not wasted any opportunities for emotional impact! :((

Every moment he appeared onscreen the movie picked up for me. :)

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lirenel » Dec 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Two favorite lines: "You're a boat in a magical land, can't you row yourself!?!" and "I hope that wasn't the British Consul."

If they had just made this "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Eustace and Reepicheep Traveling Show" it would have been a better movie.
With God as my leader and my sword as my companion

My overview of VODT: http://lady-lirenel.livejournal.com/151965.html
Lirenel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby aragorn2 » Dec 11, 2010 7:51 pm

There aren't enough good things to say about Will, he acted out his part perfectly and was by far my favorite part in the movie
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Tirian541 » Dec 11, 2010 9:35 pm

I thought he was perfect! He acted the "being annoying" parts so well that I was getting annoyed at Eustace! :D
Tirian541
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 11, 2010 10:15 pm

Hisd voice was so funny, he was proabaly the best actor out of the 3 teenages, he suited his character best.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby aragorn2 » Dec 11, 2010 10:18 pm

I think what made Will look so good was that he was the only one in the movie with a whole bunch of screen-time and a really good script, the others weren't so lucky :)
But yes he is a pretty good actor too
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext