This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Eustace - Will Poulter

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Eustace - Will Poulter

Postby stateofgreen » Jul 23, 2011 1:44 pm

wil pulters #1 fan wrote:cool i havent seen the movie yet but i want to see it soon :D

Wow...you should see it. BTW I'm curious to know what Will P is looking like now.....hasn't been much news lately.... /:)

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jul 24, 2011 2:08 pm

Will Poulter = Eustace Clarence Scrubb

Even with the set footage, I could just tell I would like Eustace's portrayal. Yes, yes I did. Will captured a lot of what Eustace was in the books. I liked how they made the dragon kind of look like him even. :)

Eustace in the books is a prime example of what people have always been. He was blind to his sin. He thought he could do it all, and never seemed to need help. However, when he was a dragon, he realized he could not change himself without Aslan. He could see again.

Will Poulter has a lot of potential as an actor in the future. I even like his performance in the trailer for his new movie Wild Bill already.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lilygloves » Aug 26, 2011 7:52 pm

Will Poulter was perfect as Eustace. I honestly don't have any problems with his acting and he couldn't have done it any better. He just looks so much like what I thought Eustace should look like and even sounds like him too. In fact, he was one of the few things I actually liked about the movie. At first I wasn't sure, but I am so happy with him.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Eustace » Sep 04, 2011 12:21 am

At first, I thought no one would make a wonderful Eustace better than BBC's. (Yes, I had watched Eustace look that way for years so that is the way I thought he should still look.) Plus, Eustace had always been my favorite character in the book besides Edmund, I didn't think they could come up with the perfect Eustace. But they did. Will Poulter did an awesome job. :)
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby stateofgreen » Nov 13, 2011 11:27 pm

Recent Will P interview. Definitely does not sound like a child any longer.

http://youtu.be/-5hr4ypvIrQ

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby NarnianMonkey » Jul 24, 2012 12:42 pm

I have to say, Will Poulter did a fantastic job as Eustace. It's sad that the series is going to be re-booted, which means he won't be the actor for Eustace. :((

There isn't really any way he could have done any better if you ask me. He was funny quite often, like when he said "Where in the blazes am I!?!" That was one of many funny things that Eustace said. Then there was the point where he fainted after the minotaur answered him when he said that. That was also funny.

Anyway, I don't really have much more to say for now. [/post] :p
I'm the brother of Dinode and UltimateSchweetWarrior.

I've met fantasia_kitty, starkat, and daughter of the King, all of whom are a mod or admin.

...is the member chat broken, or is that just me...?
NarnianMonkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Location: Somewhere in Narnia with a lot of other monkeys, as well as an eternally-bouncing ball

Postby Narnian_Badger » Jul 27, 2012 11:09 am

stateofgreen wrote:Recent Will P interview. Definitely does not sound like a child any longer.

... *twitches* Wow. Um... there goes the option of bringing him in for as a VO, too. :( It's quite the pity, as he was easily the best part of VDT. I'd had a hard time envisioning Eustace, and after Poulter's performance, I'm having a hard time envisioning him as anyone else. ;))
Narnian_Badger
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Varnafinde » Jul 27, 2012 3:03 pm

He did the part very well - I think I would agree about him being the best part of VDT.
I especially liked his interaction with Reepicheep, both as a boy (the duel was delightful :D ) and after he became a dragon.

It's a real shame that there will be so little chance of seeing him in SC - after VDT I was really looking forward to seeing him as Eustace with Jill and Puddleglum :(
(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)
Varnafinde
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum

Postby wild rose » Jul 31, 2012 12:03 pm

I have to admit, I was slightly nervous about how they would make Eustace in the movie, he was a character that I found pretty hard to imagine so I wasn't quite sure what I was expecting, I just hoped it would be good. And it was, Will P was a great Eustace, he really brought his character to life for me. I loved his performance, it was well acted, came quite easily, both as annoying Eustace and as changed Eustace.

Narnian_Badger wrote:... *twitches* Wow. Um... there goes the option of bringing him in for as a VO, too. :( It's quite the pity, as he was easily the best part of VDT. I'd had a hard time envisioning Eustace, and after Poulter's performance, I'm having a hard time envisioning him as anyone else. ;))

haha ditto, now I can't imagine any one else as Eustace, and's gotten a little too old for SC :( what a shame, I had hoped to see him again :(
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby eustacegirl » Nov 29, 2012 3:40 pm

Can someone please make an EUstace Youtuve video? There's not enough of him on Youtube
eustacegirl
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Purpleotter » Nov 29, 2012 3:43 pm

I liked Eustace in the book, but I didn't like him in the movie.
"Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen of Narnia"-Aslan
Purpleotter
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby eustacegirl » Nov 29, 2012 4:03 pm

I like him in both. I felt sorry for him.
eustacegirl
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 30, 2012 6:25 pm

Since it is likely to be 7 years before silver chair, he will have to be replaced, which is a pity since i don't like changing actors much through movies, endless it is needed such as a death etc and this is one of those cases when it is needed.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby coracle » Jul 05, 2013 3:49 pm

I am very fond of Will Poulter and his acting persona, but as he shot up right after filming, he wil not be able to play Eustace a few months later - even if they made it a year later. (He did very helpfully stay shorter while filming, even though he was well into his teens then).

I look forward to the casting people finding a boy with a similar look to Will, (can they match the eyebrows?!) who can play the improved Eustace with a hint of the old Eustace. The boy needs to be admirable but also sympathetic and a bit vulnerable, someone that audiences can identify with.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jul 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Yeah, it makes me wish that actors did not age off camera.

Well, at least Will has found other acting jobs, including an adaptation of a book called "The Maze Runner". He's been cast as a character named Gally. I haven't read the book, so I don't really know what the film will be about.
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby CorazonBandido55 » Oct 12, 2013 9:33 pm

It is my opinion that Will Poulter will not need to be recast. He was 17 at the time of Dawn Treader. He looks younger than he is. And let's not forget that it's quite common for actors in their 20s to play the role of teenagers in movies. The only real issue may be his height. But I'm sure some of you have seen the dwarves in Hobbit film. Nothing that camera angling and some CGI size modifications can't fix.
your fellow Telmarine
CorazonBandido55
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext