This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Eustace - Will Poulter

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Eustace - Will Poulter

Postby ValiantPevensie4 » Jan 24, 2016 1:03 pm

Has anyone seen Will in The Maze Runner? I thought he did a really good job! I was a little worried that I would just be thinking Eustace the whole time and have trouble focusing on the story but I didn't have that problem at all! It could have been because he's so much taller and his voice was deeper, not to mention that fact that he was using an American accent. But either way, I felt like he did a great job!
My biggest disappointment in life is that I am the only one in my family who didn't see a Narnia movie in the theater. Even though I love it the most and they will all admit that. But at least I share a birthday with C.S. Lewis.
ValiantPevensie4
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Eustace » Feb 20, 2017 11:27 pm

ValiantPevensie4 wrote:Has anyone seen Will in The Maze Runner? I thought he did a really good job! I was a little worried that I would just be thinking Eustace the whole time and have trouble focusing on the story but I didn't have that problem at all! It could have been because he's so much taller and his voice was deeper, not to mention that fact that he was using an American accent. But either way, I felt like he did a great job!

I saw Will in Maze Runner, personally I loved him in the film and I was pretty sad when he
died. But, he was evil in the movie so I should not have expected him to just live happily ever after in the end
. He was my favorite character in that film.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Valiant_Nymph » May 05, 2018 7:43 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Will Poulter's films. I think he will have a fantastic career; he's already on the road to that, it seems :) I'm very sad they didn't manage to do Silver Chair with him, but I'm glad he gave us a great portrayal of Eustace. :)
Valiant_Nymph
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby JFG II » May 08, 2019 2:57 pm

For Eustace and Jill, I still wonder sometimes who would have been matched with Will if SC had come out after VDT. Soairse Ronan, perhaps? If LWW & PC had come out sooner (2004-2006), then VDT would have come out in like 2008 when Will Poulter was 14-15 and still looked like a child. Then SC would have arrived in like 2010 when Will & Ronan were both 15-16. Then HHB, MN & LB would have been released in the following 3 years, and Poulter would have been only 18-19 playing a high school kid. Ah, the missed oppurtunities...
JFG II
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby fantasia » Sep 04, 2019 12:27 pm

Shout out to Will Poulter for landing the LEAD ROLE!!! in the upcoming Lord of the Rings series. Congratulations!! :D
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Cleander » Sep 04, 2019 1:43 pm

Is there a Eustace-like character he might play in Amazon's LOTR? :D
PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Find it on the Talk About Narnia Forum!
signature by aileth
Cleander
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Col Klink » Sep 05, 2019 7:57 pm

Will Poulter seems like he has enough range to play a non-Eustace-like character. After all, playing Eustace himself requires a certain amount of range since he starts out prideful and ends up humble.
For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen
Col Klink
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Sep 05, 2019 8:12 pm

I wonder what Lewis and Tolkien would think if they knew that the actor who played Eustace Clarence Scrubb was going to play, say, Elrond. ;)) Whatever role he takes on in Middle-Earth, I'm sure he'll do a great job! :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Previous