This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Susan - Anna Popplewell

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Susan - Anna Popplewell

Postby AJAiken » Aug 29, 2009 12:26 pm

Welcome to the newest thread about Anna Popplewell! There can be discussion on three topics:

1) Anna Popplewell in her role as Susan
2) Anna Popplewell in her other roles and public appearances
3) Anna Popplewell in the news! (Gossip is still off limits.)

Yes, you read it correctly! We are tweaking the topic to allow discussion about Anna outside of her role as Susan. We're including discussion on other roles that she has portrayed, and any news about Anna Popplewell (though gossip and rumors about the actor's personal life are still off limits). So have fun, and welcome to the new thread!
AJAiken
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Susan - Anna Popplewell

Postby lover of narnia » Sep 04, 2009 6:37 pm

Second post!!!

I really liked Anna in her role as susan. She played the gentle queen very well. Though, I would really like to see her in some more movies, She's such a beautiful talented actress.

There hasn't been much new on her latley.... :| but I would really like to see some. Does any one know if she's done anything recently? Photo shoots....anything?

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby TheGeneral » Sep 06, 2009 2:10 pm

lover of narnia wrote:Second post!!!

I really liked Anna in her role as susan. She played the gentle queen very well. Though, I would really like to see her in some more movies, She's such a beautiful talented actress.

There hasn't been much new on her latley.... :| but I would really like to see some. Does any one know if she's done anything recently? Photo shoots....anything?
I second that, she's perfect as Susan, and it would be cool to see her in more movies
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby starkat » Sep 06, 2009 2:17 pm

TheGeneral, welcome to the forum. What do you think makes Anna so perfect in the role of Susan? How do you think she fit the role?

As for me, I think she did a good job with what she was given. Some of the lines were a bit cheesy, but a good actress can rise above that and she definitely did that. :)
starkat

Postby TheGeneral » Sep 06, 2009 5:05 pm

Thanks

Well first of all it's her appearance. She's very close to how I imagined her when I read the books (kind of a rare thing to happen for me). Plus I just think she's a good actor and came across very 'big sister-like', which is what Susan was in my head. She also did a good job of expressing both her character's weaknesses and strengths I think.
That's all ;)
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby cuppycakesrach » Sep 13, 2009 6:22 pm

Anna is a very good actress ... But ,I don't know Susan never was my favorite character in the books I liked her till Prince Caspian.... But I think Anna portrayed her very well .. :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
" We have nothing if not belief"
cuppycakesrach
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Narniafan#1 » Sep 16, 2009 2:15 pm

I like Anna as Susan. Though she isn't exactly how I would picture her. But she did a GREAT job.
I didn't much like how they made her doing alot of fighting in Prince Caspian. Susan never seemed like the sort of girl to go out into battle.
But she did a good job at it. and it must have been lots of fun. :D
Image<-made by nz_narnia_nut,avvie by Djeq
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/narnianheart-You can get cool prizes when you sign up for Swagbucks (like Starbucks gift cards)!
Narniafan#1
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Oct 08, 2009 1:05 pm

I think Anna did a superb job. She had no control of the script, so it's not her fault about Susan being misinterpreted. She took the part they gave her and ran with it. They wanted a character of strength and thats what she gave them. Good Job Anna!!!!! :ymapplause:
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lady of the Narnians » Oct 10, 2009 8:54 pm

I like her as Susan she does a really good JOB!
I will applause to her...... :ymapplause:
A Lady of Narnia Always a Lady of Narnia
Lady of the Narnians
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lillian » Oct 13, 2009 7:06 pm

I think Anna did a wonderful job in portraying Susan. I agree with starkat in the fact that I found some of the lines a bit cheesy, but she still did an amazing job! She was very close to how I pictured Susan in the book. So, I was happy to see her cast in the movies. I will join Lady of the Narnians in applause. :ymapplause:
Avatar and Signature by lover of narnia Thank you!
Lillian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby gentle susan » Oct 21, 2009 12:51 am

i love how Anna portrayed Susan. i could not picture another actress playing the part. though she's the gentle queen, i actually appreciated her part in the fight (not because i'm a war freak :) ) but because she was able to actually use the weapon given her and defend the land she loves. it also meant more screen time for her. i think she plays it really well because in real life she is kinda like Susan; smart, logical, beautiful, prim and proper.
though she lost her faith in The Last Battle, she's a good example how one can lose one's way because of the world. i just believe that she eventually did find her own faith back.

Go Anna! i wish to see her in more roles.
gentle susan
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby fornarniaandaslan » Oct 30, 2009 7:39 pm

Completly agreed gentle susan, I think it is totally correct. About The Last Battle I mean. It's a really good image portrayed. I think Anna did so good with Susan, in both films. I just love how she is so doubting in hte first film, but learns to beleive. And in PC, she was just great, especially changing into a more 'wariror' type.
Siggie to me
fornarniaandaslan
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Nov 20, 2009 1:04 pm

Anna is a great actress! she really portrays Susan very well! :D
I wonder what she will be doing next? :-\ :)
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby narnian_at_heart » Dec 03, 2009 11:06 am

I loved Susan's character through the majority. I really loved how they had her fight in PC. Who wants to sit at home in your castle not knowing what's happening or how soon you'll see enemy soldiers coming over the hills to take the castle? And worrying about your family and friends. I would want to be right in the mix.

One of my favorite shots is when the camera shoots out and you see Susan surrounded by dead Telmarines. SUSAN TOTALLY ROCKS!!

I'm really looking forward to Jill's fighting in LB.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby mac-bond » Dec 13, 2009 5:09 pm

I think Anna Popplewell plays the part of Susan very well, though she is better in PC than in LWW (that's just my opinion). I hope they use her in The Horse and His Boy.
Michelle (mac-bond)
mac-bond
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby crystalarwen » Dec 23, 2009 3:32 pm

Narniafan#1 wrote:I didn't much like how they made her doing alot of fighting in Prince Caspian. Susan never seemed like the sort of girl to go out into battle.
:D

I absolutely agree. Susan was never the kind of character to go into war. Anna somehow pulled it off though, and I give credit to her for doing so. On the whole, I think Anna did good with the messed up Susan role she was given. It was not her fault the character was so tweaked. The only part where her acting could not save her was during the Susan kissing Caspian scene. That part was so far from the characters themselves and the books that it just did not turn out well.

I liked Susan till I saw Prince Caspian. (Though I thought she was a bit irritating at the beginning of LWW, but she shapened up.) I won't slam the character, but I will say that I do not like her after the second movie.

~crystalarwen
~Though you may want one thing, God's plan may be something entirely different, and it is always better His way.~

crystalarwen
NarniaWeb Newbie

Next