This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Susan - Anna Popplewell

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Susan - Anna Popplewell

Postby MaidenofNarnia » Aug 14, 2010 4:57 pm

For those of you who are fans of Anna Popplewell, I found this new video of her most recent interview. It was originally posted on the Narnia fans forum.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJtddDEX ... Btbz7ZRjRY
MaidenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby HighQueen_Of_LanternWaste » Aug 14, 2010 9:13 pm

I saw that interview a while back, now she will be (if she hasn't already, I believe she did..) graduating from Oxford. I get news on her from apopplewell.com.
Pray for Skandar member!

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -C.S. Lewis
HighQueen_Of_LanternWaste
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Sui-Lun » Aug 18, 2010 5:01 pm

She played the gentle queen very well.

Well, she did play her role well, but I'm not sure she's gentle, since she participated in the wars of Prince Caspian. By the way, I did like her playing in the wars; it's interesting. I think Susan did a huge part in Narnia eventhough women in battles are "ugly" (sorry I can't very well remember that line by Father Christmas)
Sui-Lun
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby edmundrox12 » Aug 19, 2010 10:27 am

she had to fight for her country i think she is still gentle, she was just doing what she had to do, and Oxford, that's impressive
edmundrox12
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage in Obi-Wan's spaceship along with Liberty Hoffman

Postby Sui-Lun » Aug 19, 2010 4:23 pm

Is she going to Oxford because Lewis taught there or is it just a coinsidence?
Sui-Lun
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby HighQueen_Of_LanternWaste » Aug 20, 2010 9:55 am

She didn't know until after she applied that he taught there
Pray for Skandar member!

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -C.S. Lewis
HighQueen_Of_LanternWaste
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby icarus » Aug 23, 2010 12:23 pm

There appears to be some sort of interview with Anna Popplewell being broadcast on an internet podcast this Wednesday at 8pm (UK Time), though it seems the interview itself was recorded way back in March at the Memorabilia Event in Birmingham, so i wouldn't expect there to be anything VDT related, but it might be worth a listen anyhow.

http://eztv.it/tvnews/5387/the-sci-fi-g ... esday-on-/

http://www.dtrn.co.uk/
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby AnnasStar2010 » Aug 24, 2010 7:53 am

I love Anna as Susan she did such a wonderful job! I find it so sad that Susan doesn't come back :( Though I know it is an important illustration of what can happen I wish there was someone else besides Susan. I suppose that after the Last Battle Susan could have come back to believing. I wish that had been part of the story.

Thanks to Shastafan for the Signature and thanks to lizzyhenley009 for the avatar.
AnnasStar2010
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby edmundrox12 » Aug 24, 2010 3:46 pm

anna is amazing as susan. i can't imagine anyone else as susan. i was very disapointed when i read that susan stopped believing. i really hoped she would start believing again, i mean she's the only one left, all her siblings died!!!!! :( :( :( :( :(
edmundrox12
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage in Obi-Wan's spaceship along with Liberty Hoffman

Postby AnnasStar2010 » Aug 24, 2010 4:07 pm

Yes. I guess we can just continue the story in our minds, saying that after that experience she turned her life around. :)

Thanks to Shastafan for the Signature and thanks to lizzyhenley009 for the avatar.
AnnasStar2010
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby edmundrox12 » Aug 25, 2010 12:52 pm

we shouldn't have to continue it in our minds, lewis should have finished it for us. i know he was an amazing author and all but he should have thought of and added it
edmundrox12
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby AnnasStar2010 » Aug 25, 2010 4:32 pm

That would have been nice. Oh well maybe they'll include it in the movie :D that would be nice!

AnnasStar2010
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby edmundrox12 » Aug 26, 2010 8:09 am

i doubt it, they're trying to stick to the books as much as possible
edmundrox12
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby AnnasStar2010 » Aug 26, 2010 9:43 am

yes but they did a kinda bad job last time in regards to peter's character :( We can always hope though :D

AnnasStar2010
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby edmundrox12 » Aug 28, 2010 11:14 am

thats true. so maybe they will. but they might not change something as big as that
edmundrox12
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby AnnasStar2010 » Aug 28, 2010 3:29 pm

Yeah guess we'll just have to wait and see :) :D

AnnasStar2010
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext