This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Susan - Anna Popplewell

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Susan - Anna Popplewell

Postby King_Cor_the_Great » Jun 06, 2010 6:01 pm

Anna Popplewell will not be acting as Sophie Domerc in the 2011 film Hanna. The character will go to Jessica Barden, a West End performer.
Mr. Beaver: When Adam's Flesh and Adam's bone sits at Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done.
Susan Pevensie: You know that doesn't really rhyme.
King_Cor_the_Great
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Narnian_Archer » Jun 07, 2010 9:29 am

I hate to disagree with a lot of people on this thread...but I think Susan didn't do very well in PC. She was great in LWW, but not so well in PC. We have a saying here where I live: "She didn't finish her role". She was missing something...I don't know exactly what, but something wasn't there.
sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 07, 2010 2:41 pm

Narnian_Archer wrote:I hate to disagree with a lot of people on this thread...but I think Susan didn't do very well in PC. She was great in LWW, but not so well in PC. We have a saying here where I live: "She didn't finish her role". She was missing something...I don't know exactly what, but something wasn't there.

I'm going to have to agree and disgree with you here.

I agree that Susan in PC was not a favorite of mine at all either and didn't do to well, a lot of people obviously feel this way but some don't and yes there was something in her character that was missing.

I disagree about what you said with her not finishing the role. The thing she was missing and losing was her faith in Aslan. This takes off as her foreshadowing and how she isn't a friend of Narnia anymore. I'm kinda getting the fact now because she left not changing is because she's turning away from everything and realizes that the true home she wants is to be in England and go to parties and flirt with boys and such.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Narnian_Archer » Jun 08, 2010 2:27 am

DamselJillPole
disagree about what you said with her not finishing the role. The thing she was missing and losing was her faith in Aslan. This takes off as her foreshadowing and how she isn't a friend of Narnia anymore. I'm kinda getting the fact now because she left not changing is because she's turning away from everything and realizes that the true home she wants is to be in England and go to parties and flirt with boys and such.

Yes, you're right. I didn't think of it that way before...that explains a lot of things. :)
sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby ChristProclamer » Jun 15, 2010 2:23 pm

Anna isn't going to be in Hanna? *dies*

No! She was the only reason I was going to see that film!

I do hope she picks something up. I'd hate to not see her in anything else ever.
ChristProclamer
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 15, 2010 3:25 pm

Anna said she's graduated from Oxford in June and after she would be looking for some more acting roles during the summer in an interview. She'll be in something else. She was too old for the character she was rumored to play in Hanna anyways. I wish her luck to any role she'll come upon. ;)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby De_De » Jun 18, 2010 7:37 am

Well she might be in VDT scinse she was in the trailer.
Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club
De_De
NarniaWeb Guru
The Sunny Vitamin D (BC, retired)

Location: exploring Narnia with Frodo and Lady Courage (and a bunch of great NarniaWebbers) in Obi's spaceship

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jun 19, 2010 4:48 am

^^ I think that she is ;)
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby King_Cor_the_Great » Jun 23, 2010 7:16 am

to me it's nice to see her in vdt with will
Mr. Beaver: When Adam's Flesh and Adam's bone sits at Cair Paravel in throne, the evil time will be over and done.
Susan Pevensie: You know that doesn't really rhyme.
King_Cor_the_Great
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby MaidenofNarnia » Jun 23, 2010 12:17 pm

King_Cor_the_Great wrote:to me it's nice to see her in vdt with will

I feel the same way. However, many fans don`t like the idea very much. I guess because they feel these slight changes disrupt the essence of the story. It`s not that big of a deal . A few brief cameos won`t do much harm. I was more annoyed by the witch popping up than by seeing Anna and Will. I hope the trailer scene with them in it makes it into the film. There have been bigger alterations than this. This little add on is small in comparison to other drastic changes in LWW and PC. It looks like Anna may just have two cameos and Will may have just one. At least going by the trailer imagery , it makes it appear that way. We`ll just have to wait and see.
MaidenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jun 23, 2010 12:21 pm

King_Cor_the_Great wrote:to me it's nice to see her in vdt with will

ditto! I am glad that someone is glad to see her in the trailer besides myself! I can't wait to see what she and Peter will be doing in VotDT! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 23, 2010 1:39 pm

It's just if the scene shown in the trailer will be in the movie then that means Susan gets three cameos. One in in her English outfit, one in the Magician's Book, and this one. That's too many cameos and that is why it upsets a lot of fans. She should be in one and that's it, we should all learn to say good bye because they can't come back in SC or in MN. :p
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby MaidenofNarnia » Jun 23, 2010 2:45 pm

I thought the image of Susan in the English clothing was just an image from the movie poster and not intended to be an actual cameo. As far as I can tell going by the trailer Susan looks like she appears only twice. I don`t visit the official movie site nor have I followed the movie production history through the beginning up until now. I could be wrong. But your right about needing to let go. Fans are going to have to get used to not seeing our favorite Pevensie kids anymore. :)
MaidenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 23, 2010 3:01 pm

So, the trailer for PC and LWW started in different places where the movie didn't actually begin. That's the point of trailers. There could be a train station scene before or after the movie where Susan appears in her english clothes. There was a picture of Peter's stand in, in english clothes so Susan must be around there somewhere. ;)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby HighQueen_Of_LanternWaste » Jun 28, 2010 10:35 pm

Liberty Hoffman wrote: ditto! I am glad that someone is glad to see her in the trailer besides myself! I can't wait to see what she and Peter will be doing in VotDT! :D

You're certainly not the only one! I was very excited to see her appear in the trailer, but the my curiousity is killing me on whether or not she'll be in another scene besides the magician's book (like the Pevenses walking towards the camera scene, if that even ends up being in the actual film!)

Besides that, I'm sure however short her appearance might be, she will do a lovely job. I've personally loved her potrayal of Susan, it's pretty much how I pictured it reading the series.
Pray for Skandar member!

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -C.S. Lewis
HighQueen_Of_LanternWaste
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby iamgeorgiestwin » Aug 10, 2010 5:08 pm

I agree whole heartedly!!!
Susan is a great character and Anna does her part amazingly.(No surprise there!) :) I cannot wait to see what she and Will are up to in VDT. i was surprised that they included them in the trailer.
iHeart Georgie!Image
sig: Awel Prince avy: me!
member of The Missing club! PM me to join!
iamgeorgiestwin
NarniaWeb Regular

PreviousNext