This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Peter - William Moseley

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Peter - William Moseley

Postby WillMo for_the_win » Feb 19, 2011 12:41 am

Speaking of Prince William, William Moseley can perfect the role of the Prince! I believe that he'll be so great and fantastic in this role, especially that Prince William is going to get married and soon be the King of England! And roles like this come once in an actor's life. Look at Helen Mirren as Queen Elizabeth II in The Queen. She won an Oscar for her role. Colin Firth as King George VI (Elizabeth II's father) in The King's Speech gets critical acclaim as the stammering King. He's on his way to win Best Actor! Emily Blunt portrayed Queen Victoria in The Young Victoria, and she also got great reviews for her portrayal.

WillMo and Prince William certainly look alike (but not very, very twin-like). But we have to see how the Prince ages so that WillMo could study that role someday. But I wish casting directors would realize that WillMo could play the role with perfection, and he deserves it.

Anyway, any news of William M. nowadays? Not sure if "A Great Education" starts filming, but anyway, I'll show you an article of Will with new pictures!

http://www.superdry.com/blog/2010/12/13 ... -wardrobe/
WillMo for_the_win
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby 220chrisTian » Feb 19, 2011 11:57 am

IMDb doesn't acknowledge this, but I thought "A great education" started filming last fall. It may be over now. I don't know. I think filming was in Quebec [Montreal?].

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1440113/
220chrisTian

Postby WillMo for_the_win » Feb 20, 2011 5:10 am

The film's still "in development" status. This means that the film hasn't started to pre-production, or worse, filming. I've asked Myriad Pictures (via Facebook) about this and they said the film hasn't been shot. I'm so sad because William ages easily (more than I could imagine) and that he's avoiding teen roles (but his age in this film will likely be 18-19, a typical age for college freshmen). There could have been other reasons:

>script takes a long time to be made as a movie (look at Peter Weir's film gaps. It took 7 years for him to make another movie after "Master and Commander", but after making M&C he focused on different scripts but it all fell through, which is a shame because he's an acclaimed director who needs to play with Hollywood rules)
>directorial debuts often tend to be perfectionists on their first film (not sure if it happens on AGE's Christopher Keyser, but of course any debut director would work hard on their first possible masterpiece)
>William might take a Daniel Day-Lewis outcome: METHOD ACTING. In one interview, William was impressed with DDL's "There Will Be Blood" (but he didn't really mention DDL) and perhaps was inspired to do extensive research and be THE CHARACTER itself. His role as Charlie might be difficult for him because he has little knowledge on American accents, plus he has to LEARN HOW TO SING. But William says that he really feels involved in the movie, so began reading everything about Harvard and the Krokodiloes, Harvard's elite male choir.
>or they filmed AGE in SECRET! I hope Myriad Pictures would give information on the film already, although allegations that one glimpse was shown on TV, but there hasn't been news yet.
>independent films compete for major distributors. The film might be at Sundance, that's my guess. Semi-indies like Fox Searchlight, Weinstein Co., Focus Features, and the like often go to festivals to look for good films to market.
>the film was announced back in 2009, with Ben Kingsley and Hilary Duff were attached in it. It took a year to find William Moseley. Casting is very difficult. Duff dropped and was replaced by Emma Roberts.
>and the worst of all, William avoids typecasting. I believe he has this Day-Lewis vibe where he chooses projects VERY CAREFULLY. It doesn't hurt that he auditions a lot. I have no idea if he has close Hollywood allies, or even Brit allies. So we don't really know.

Sorry for my long post, but this is what I feel. I'm very supportive of William's post-Narnia career, but I hope he doesn't give up! He might be recognized by the whole world as an actor who could leave a legacy!
WillMo for_the_win
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby WillMo for_the_win » Apr 24, 2011 12:23 am

All right! William's birthday is on Wednesday! He's turning 24! Can't believe it! Anyway, he's rumored to be playing an adaptation of "The Pied Piper of Hamelin"!

See the news here! http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/lifestyle ... -fables.do
WillMo for_the_win
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » Apr 24, 2011 3:32 pm

WillMo for_the_win wrote:Speaking of Prince William, William Moseley can perfect the role of the Prince! I believe that he'll be so great and fantastic in this role, especially that Prince William is going to get married and soon be the King of England!

Don't count on his being king for a long time! This is no fairy tale. The Queen (who is queen of far more than just England, what do they teach them in schools outside the British Commonwealth?) is now 85 and won't ever step down - her son Charles is over 60 and is likely to have a long life too (the Queen's own mum died at 102).
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby cherish » May 03, 2011 9:46 am

He's so protective with his brothers and I saw that in the first two movies. In the book, he's a bit different or I suppose it wrong? I think I'm wrong, but in the movies, he's awsome like Edmund :ymblushing:
Too bad he won't appear in the fourth movie.
cherish
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby cipher » May 22, 2011 12:19 pm

I haven't read any of the Narnia books, but is Peter different in PC book than in the movie? If so, how?
cipher
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby MountainFireflower » May 24, 2011 6:29 pm

First off, welcome to the forum, cipher! :D :ymhug: It's so great to have you here!

That's a great question. Generally, people agree that the portrayal of Peter was much different than in the book because of Peter's attitude problems in PC. In the book, there wasn't as much tension between Peter and Caspian, and Peter wasn't frustrated about the transition from boy to king. I myself find it an interesting character arc that was added by the director. As for whether it was a good change, well... you'll have to decide that to yourself. ;)
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby cipher » May 25, 2011 10:57 am

^thank you for the answer. I didn't had any problem with Peter's portrayal in the movie. :D
cipher
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby 220chrisTian » Jul 20, 2011 11:08 am

http://wmoseley.com/2011/07/20/miu-miu- ... tels-muta/

"William attended the MIU MIU Presents Lucrecia Martel’s “Muta” event in Beverly Hills, California last night." He cut his hair! :)

220chrisTian

Postby AslansChild » Sep 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Edit:I removed the link I posted here because I didn't realize the video had bad things in it, so now that I know, I'm taking it down.

anyway...
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Eustace » Sep 04, 2011 12:10 am

He did look sorta of weird with the red hair. Red is not a good color on him. At least not red hair.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DamselJillPole » Sep 04, 2011 12:27 am

LOL!! That whole Captain Planet made me laugh! =)) It surprised me seeing a few Disney Channel stars in it as well and I think William looks pretty awesome with the red hair. I hardly recognized him too. What is this really? A PBS for adult audiences?
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Oct 12, 2011 5:42 pm

Mod Note:
The Cast and Character Discussion forum rules (see number 6) have been updated to include:
However, since actors often take on many roles, video, pictures, and sites related to them might have content that some people might find offensive (revealing clothing, adult humor, language). When posting a link, please check its content and post a warning if its content might not be family friendly. Also, be aware that if a link doesn't have a warning it still might have questionable content.

Additionally, general NarniaWeb Forum Rules declare this concerning links:
Forum Etiquette, Rule #8 wrote:Keep in mind that all links are subject to review and possible removal if they are deemed inappropriate under NarniaWeb's family-friendly rules.
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby AslansChild » Mar 22, 2012 1:42 pm

I found this, but it's in French, anyone care to translate?

ImageBonjour à tous,

Je suis une fan de William Moseley et j'ai un blog source avec des amies. C'est donc avec grand plaisir que je vais vous parler des dernières actualités sur William.

Vous avez sans doute entendu parler (ou non) de sa participation au film d'action nommé "RUN" dans le rôle de Daniel.

Et bien ce n'est pas tout, il fait désormais parti du casting de " The Selection " la série très attendue de CW.
Du coup je vais vous mettre directement les informations et les photos que j'avais rassemblé ;)

-

-
Alors que le livre de Kiera Cass ne sort que le 12 avril en France (Date de sortie au USA prévue le 24) la CW à déjà prévu d'en faire une série TV et un épisode pilote co-écrit par Sarah Fain et Elizabeht Caft. D

William jouera donc le rôle d'Aspen Leger. J'ai vraiment hâte de le voir dans ce rôle !!

The selection serait un croisement entre Hunger Game et Bachelor.

"The Selection se déroulera environ 300 ans dans le futur, dans un monde monarchique déchiré par la guerre. L'histoire suivra les aventures d'America Singer, une jeune femme issue d'une famille pauvre, qui sera sélectionnée pour participer à une compétition dont le premier prix est le titre de reine d'une nation au bord de la crise. Dans cette nouvelle réalité, où America doit lutter férocement pour l'amour du Prince Maxon, sous la menace constante d'attaques rebelles, son désir d'une vie tranquille aux côtés d'Aspen sera confronté à de nouvelles aspirations personnelles qui changeront le cours de sa vie.

Source : Deadline / Ztele

------------------------------------------------------------------

Les détails

The selection : c'est quoi ?
Présentation : Pour 35 filles, la sélection est la chance d'une vie. L'opportunité d'échapper à la vie tracée pour elles depuis leur naissance. Pour être entraînées dans un monde de robes scintillantes et de bijoux inestimables. Pour vivre au palais et concourir pour le coeur du beau Prince Maxon.
Mais pour America Singer (Aimee Teegarden), être sélectionnée est un cauchemar. Cela signifie tourner le dos à son amour secret avec Aspen, qui est d'une caste en-dessous d'elle. Quitter sa maison pour entrer dans une compétition féroce pour une couronne qu'elle ne veut pas. Vivre dans un palais qui est constamment menacé par des attaques rebelles violentes.
Puis, America rencontre le Prince Maxon. Peu à peu, elle commence à remettre en question tous les plans qu'elle avait fait pour elle et se rend compte que la vie dont elle a toujours rêvé pourrait être incomparable par rapport au futur qu'elle n'a jamais imaginé.

L'univers : L'année est 2312. Les Etats-Unis ne sont plus les Etats-Unis que nous connaissons. Après une 4ème guerre mondiale dévastatrice contre la Chine, les Etats-Unis se sont joints au Canada, à l'Amérique Centrale et à l'Amérique du Sud pour fonder l'Illea, une nation géante divisée en 35 provinces et dirigée par une monarchie.
Les gouvernements précédents ont été détruits et la société est en ruine. La monarchie a instauré un système de castes rigide pour remettre de l'ordre dans ce chaos. La population est divisée en huit castes, chacune ayant son numéro. Au sommet, on retrouve les Uns, qui sont le Roi et la Reine et le reste de la famille Royale. Tout en bas, on retrouve les Huits qui comprennent les malades mentaux, les sans abris et les criminels. La grande majorité de la population se trouve entre ces deux castes. Votre caste détermine les emplois que vous pourrez décrocher et votre statut dans la société. Comme l'Inde actuelle, chaque personne est née dans une caste et grimper de sa caste à une caste supérieure est presque impossible.
Comme dans Hunger Games, ce futur est dur mais luxuriant. Avec une population plus petite et une décélération générale du progrès, il y a moins de pollution et de dégradation environnementale. A Illea, l'herbe est plus verte, le ciel plus bleu et l'eau plus claire. La technologie existe mais l'accès est restreint aux castes supérieures. Même plusieurs générations après la guerre, la majorité des habitants d'Illea se contentent d'abandonner leur liberté pour la paix. Mais il y a ceux qui rejettent le système de castes, qui rejettent l'autorité de la monarchie et qui veulent la liberté à tout prix. Guerriers nomades, ces rebelles ont dévoué leurs vies à la cause de la Liberté. Pour déstabiliser la monarchie, les Rebelles complotent de perturber une tradition d'Illea qui date de près de deux siècles...
Quand un Prince d'Illea arrive à un certain âge, chaque jeune femme du pays entre les âges de 18 et 25 ans, peu importe sa caste, est invitée à entrer dans une loterie. Une fille chanceuse de chacune des 35 provinces est choisie par le palais, soit disant au hasard, pour essayer de conquérir le coeur du Prince.

Cette tradition s'appelle La sélection (The Selection).

The selection : c'est qui ?

William Moseley dans le rôle d'Aspen Leger, un jeune homme beau et courageux qui appartient à la classe des serviteurs et doit subvenir aux besoins de sa famille entière. Il a un secret, une relation illégale avec America alors qu'il est interdit de sortir avec une personne ne faisant pas partie de sa caste. Malgré son amour pour elle, quand il apprend qu'elle pourrait améliorer sa vie et celle de sa famille en participant à la sélection, il se retire en rejoignant l'armée royale.

Aimee Teegarden dans le rôle d'America singer, qui se lancera dans une compétition pour se marier avec le prince Maxon et devenir la future reine d'une nation déchirée par la guerre. Maxon fait une rencontre inhabituelle avec America et il est impressionné et intrigué par son honnêteté.

Ethan Peck dans le rôle du Prince Maxon.

Le tournage de l'épisode pilote a déjà été tourné, en effet William a aujourd'hui tweeté :

"Hi all, hope you had a good day.
I have been really enjoying the filming of The Selection.
It's a really cool show."

traduction :
"Bonjour à tous, j'espère que vous avez passé une bonne journée.
J'ai vraiment apprécié le tournage de La Sélection.
C'est vraiment une série cool"

Vous pouvez voir plus haut des photo du tournage datant du16 et 19 mars. Le tournage à eu lieu à Vancouver.

Source : Theselection.fr

Voilà :3
Dans tous les cas j'ai très hâte de voir cette série (A)

Les montages de la deuxième partie sont de moi, ils ne sont pas très élaborés, mais je n'avais pas vraiment d'idées --'

A bientôt,

Zoey

Thank You! :D
"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2
AslansChild
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby starkat » Mar 22, 2012 6:24 pm

If you use Google Translate, you can get a rough translation of it. It's a blog entry that says William is in the process of filming a role for a tv show pilot and a synopsis about the show.
starkat

PreviousNext