This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Peter - William Moseley

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Peter - William Moseley

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 26, 2009 11:17 am

in regards to Will having a stunt double in VotDT (if he will be in it):

why does he need a stunt double? will he have a big part? and if so, why the double? in PC, Will did all of his own stunts.....so what on earth could he possibly be doing that would require a stunt double? :-\
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Lady_Liln » Dec 27, 2009 12:40 pm

He's not a stunt double, but a stand-in.
A movie stand-in is someone who is very similar to a stunt double. They are there when the actor can’t be or doesn’t need to be. They’re cast the same height, weight and coloring as the actual actor so the crew setting up the shots have a body double to work with instead of the actor.
From the front page article.
See also the Wikipedia page.
Lady_Liln
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby eustacegirl » Dec 29, 2009 10:22 am

Maybe there was nothing wrong with Peter's character change in PC, because he got to experience grace while Susan didn't. So, it makes sense he still followed Aslan while she didn't.
eustacegirl
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 31, 2009 7:43 pm

but how big of a part in VotDT could William have that he would need a stand in?
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Queen Lucy of Narnia » Jan 01, 2010 9:25 am

Maybe not very big...

It can be a small sence who takes very little time on screen, but takes a long time to make. I don't know very much about thing's like that I'm afraid. It's just guessing from me :P

I was really happy when I saw that Will was going to have a stand in. I want the makers to stay to the book, but I'd love if Peter is in VDT. I don't know ehat others think, but it seems like he did not quite say goodbye in PC. Both in the movie and in the cometar. Susan/Anna did say a really goodbye but not Will. Did anybody understand that? But I really hope he will be in VDT. Maybe saying goodbye to Lucy and Edmund and wishing them good luck since they are going to be with Eustace? :P
Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death
And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.
Queen Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Eustace » Jan 01, 2010 9:41 am

A stand-in does not mean he has big part other than going to the Professor's house or dropping off Edmund and Lucy. Maybe, we will actually see him at the Professor's house studying. But I what I am really worried about is the fact that they might not have him go to the Professor's house, with the nurse casting and soldier castings he might actually go off to war or something.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jan 01, 2010 11:45 am

yeah, my brother was saying the same thing! but why would they have Peter go off to war? that would be weird..... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :)

I was just thinking.....

in The Last Battle, if they ever get to that movie, will William Mosely (peter Pevensie) grow a beard for his role as Peter? the man who played Peter's older self in LWW had a beard......

what do ya'll think?
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby crgirl2009 » Feb 04, 2010 11:10 am

Was anyone else a little sad that peter's character in PC was changed so much? In the books he's so sweet and humble, ready to help Caspian get the throne but in the movies he just wants to be acknowledged as king again. :(
credit to Check every wardrobe for the Siggie
credit to Princess Anna for the Avatar :)
crgirl2009
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby GlimGlum » Feb 04, 2010 11:05 pm

Yes, crgirl2009, there were a number of us here who were very disappointed in how Peter was portrayed in PC. William Moseley did a good job of portraying the character as written for the film; but I thought the writers went too far with his attitude.

If my memory is correct, our Wathful Admin, fantasia_kitty, also really did not like the change and it (Peter's attitude) scored second highest in a poll on the old NarniaWeb forum about "What Bothered You Most About Prince Caspian". (I am sure the GMD mods are glad I did not reprise that poll here on the new forum.) :D

Anyway, you are not alone in your observation and welcome to NarniaWeb! :ymapplause:
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby crgirl2009 » Feb 05, 2010 5:35 am

Thanks for the welcome :)
William did do a marvelous job portraying his character :) And though Peter's bad attitude is disappointing it does help us to see the change in Edmund who has learned from his former mistakes. :)
credit to Check every wardrobe for the Siggie
credit to Princess Anna for the Avatar :)
crgirl2009
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby High Queen of Narnia » Feb 11, 2010 12:32 pm

I hope he is in the Last Battle, and the other cast too.
You can't help feeling stronger when you look at a place where you won a glorious victory not to mention a kingdom, hundreds of years ago.
High Queen of Narnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Apr 05, 2010 4:09 pm

crgirl2009 wrote:Was anyone else a little sad that peter's character in PC was changed so much? In the books he's so sweet and humble, ready to help Caspian get the throne but in the movies he just wants to be acknowledged as king again. :(

actually, I didn't mind how Peter changed.
I'll explain:
I thought the book version of Peter in PC was a bit unrealistic. sure, people get along well sometimes, but Peter was a little too eager in the book to help Caspian get on the throne and was all to happy to battle Miraz in Caspian's stead. in the movie, they show how Peter is human and can be selfish at times. remember how in LWW Peter is horrified at first that everyone thinks he can take on the witch alone but he has to because Aslan is dead? and so he gets it done. so in PC movie, Peter thinks that he can take on Miraz alone and resents Caspian for being the rightful king over the Narnians. and I think that the Night Raid really was worth putting in the movie because it showed that Peter was so quick to jump into battle that he didn't plan carefully and he didn't wait for Aslan. and that, I think, was a great point that the book didn't have that the Night Raid showed what happened when peter didn't search for Aslan and ask him what to do. so all in all, Peter had to learn to not be so selfish and swallow his pride and let Caspian take the throne that was rightfully his. I think it makes the duel between peter and Miraz even better because it shows Peter finally thinking things through and actually trying to help Caspian get the throne.
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Gilby's Angel » Apr 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Hey Liberty, I agree totally with your post!!! Movie PC really showed why Peter needed to come back to Narnia the second time and, by the end of the movie, why he had learned all he could and was ready to return to his world. I never felt that movie Peter lost his faith in Aslan, he just needed to learn to trust that faith, regardless of the situation. I agree with you about the Night Raid. For me, that was the climax of Peter's journey. He finally realized that he needed to rely on Alsan at all times and how dire the consequences were whe he didn't. By the end of the movie, it was quite clear that Peter was truly the High King. :ymhug:
Nothing anyone does gives me the right to be unkind.
Gilby's Angel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Apr 09, 2010 2:40 pm

^^ exactly! I think Andrew was trying to make some reason's for Peter to be done in Narnia. in the book, Peter is only about 13 years old, and they have the age thing talking about how Peter and Susan are too old to come back. But in the movie, the actors were already older and so the age thing, I felt, was irrelevant.....so they used Peter being selfish and learning to get over that selfishness to make a better ending for Peter! I think it was brilliant! :ymhug:
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby ChristProclamer » May 24, 2010 8:32 pm

Peter'ss change in PC wasn't really neccessary, but it added...drama, I guess. I think they wanted to keep the character interesting without repeating his arc from LWW. I'm not crazy about it, but I enjoyed the scenes resulting (Night Raid and Sorcery), so I don't really mind.

Mainly, I missed the bit of 'we've not come to take your place, you know, but to put you into it'. Book Peter seemed to know and accept beforehand that perhaps he cannot remain a child forever, and he will have to go home someday. Susan accepts that in the film, but we never get that impression from Film-Peter.

On Peter in VoDT: I was looking at the display close-up, and it looks like he's wearing a suit, not a uniform. I wouldn't mind him going to war, but given that detail, I doubt he will. Looks like he's still off to Uni!
ChristProclamer
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby AJAiken » May 25, 2010 6:58 am

I really like some of the emotions that movie Peter goes through in PC. The end of the Night Raid, the moment when he speaks to Lucy after you-know-what with the werewolf and the hag; I think they're really special. I think some of his anger and arrogance is a bit OTT, but the way it's dealt with is good.

I'm hoping there will be that acceptance from Peter in VDT. It would be nice to see. :)
AJAiken
Moderator Emeritus

PreviousNext