This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Poll: LB Romances--who should be with whom?

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Who should be with whom?

Jill and Eustace
17%
Tirian and Jill
16%
Tirian and Lucy
8%
Emeth and Lucy
4%
I don't know
No votes
I don't care
2%
There shouldn't be any romance at all
43%
Other
9%

Total votes : 99

Re: Poll: LB Romances--who should be with whom?

Postby Jill » Jan 20, 2011 9:21 am

Where did you get the idea that the Last Battle's 7 years after the Silver Chair? I had no idea about that. There is no romance in the books the comments I've found are all changed to sound like there is. Although Trinian admires Jill, how wood wise she is, how brave he still thinks of she and Eustace as kids, he doesn't want them involved in a battle and trys to force them to go home. I think she's only in her second term of high school in SC. She only talks about "last term" in the book not last year, but of course that's just the way I read it.
Comfort child we are between the paws of the true Aslan.- King Tirian

If this is the real world the the play world a great deal better- Puddleglum
Jill
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Standing at the door to Aslans country from Experiment House

Postby Elanor » Jan 20, 2011 10:01 am

I said both Jill and Eustace, and Jill and Tirian. I mean - the first one, it just has to be so. It's so natural and sweet! But I like the latter, because . . I don't know. :P
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby GlimGlum » Jan 20, 2011 11:01 am

Jill wrote:Where did you get the idea that the Last Battle's 7 years after the Silver Chair? I had no idea about that. There is no romance in the books the comments I've found are all changed to sound like there is.

In my Companion to NARNIA book by Paul F. Ford, it does show that 7 years have passed in our world between The Silver Chair and The Last Battle. Also, Jill's age is listed as 9 in SC and 16 in LB.

But even if the movie ages are older (and probably will be), I echo glumPuddle's post with my nooooooo. :D I don't see any romance in LB the book therefore I would not want to in LB the movie. :)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby Lilygloves » Jan 20, 2011 6:41 pm

DamselJillPole wrote:Last Battle actually takes place 7 years after Silver Chair. The actors will obviously be older thus their characters will be older. I find nothing sickening about Jill/Tirian.

I am very sorry I had not seen Lewis's Narnian timeline in a really long time. I will now try to calculate Jill's age in The Last Battle (excuse any bad math).

1933- Eustace Scrubb and Jill Pole were born.
1942- Edmund, Lucy and Eustace enter Narnia through a picture in Eustace’s house
1942- Eustace and Jill enter Narnia behind the gym at theirschool, Experiment House
(by now both Jill and Eustace are 9, correct?)
1949- Digory, Polly, Peter, Edmund, Lucy, Eustace and Jill, whileriding a British Rail train that derails, die.
(Seven years later, they are 16, close to what I estimated before.)
The minimum age difference between Jill and Tirian, based on Tirian being between 20-25 is 4 years, which isn't that bad. But the maximum is 9 years. That's a bit of a stretch for people that young!
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Katana » Jan 26, 2011 9:21 am

I was about to select "there souldnt be any romances at all" when I remembered that Holly wood is making this movie so that probably wont happen. So I picked Tirian and Jill because if there had to be a romance theres would be so poetic.
Im not inactive just very very busy
-Katana, Member of the Midnight Society, Weapons afficionado of the castle of Ivory&Gold, esteemed owner of a flying pickle
Katana
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Sitting on a sunny windowsill in the back hallway reading a book

Postby CharlotteRose » Jan 27, 2011 1:16 pm

eustacegirl wrote:I am a Eustace/Jill shipper. He goes from bullying her to really good friends with her and is so protective of her. He confides in her and she got shy when he killed the bad guy. I think a romance between them would be romantic, going from enemies to loving each other.

Yes, Jill and Eustace! I thought that when i read LB!!! I wasn't reading it and thinking 'these guys should get together' but i picked up on how Jill does seem to have developed a 'schoolgirl crush :ymblushing: ' by the end, in her actions and dialogue! Also, i think it would be cute considering that at the begining of SC he is 'Generaly unimpressive' in appearence, and it is always nice to see that the completely seemingly uncompattable people get together because of personallity not appearence!
Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!
CharlotteRose
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby wild rose » Feb 18, 2011 11:57 am

I'm a hopless romantic who is very fond of love stories
I'd like Lucy and Tirian, and the answer to why is very simple....Lucy is my favorite female and Tirian is my favorite male and I think the two of them are just perfectly right for each other. When I first had the book read to me by my brother I immediatly envisioned Lucy and Tirian together :)
I also really like the idea of Jill and Emeth, when I heard this line in the book
His eyes were shining, his face very solemn, his hand was on his sword-hilt, and he carried his head high. Jill felt like crying when she looked at his face

I thought it would be a cute romance between Jill and Emeth, it wasn't in the options above and I wonder if I am the only person who thought of it but I think it would such a lovely love story :)
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Elanor » Feb 18, 2011 12:17 pm

Wild Rose, the idea of a Jill and Emeth romance is awfully cute, I agree, though I like her with Eustace and Tirian too. I'm never quite sure about Lucy and Tirian, but I don't think I'd dislike it. So many good options! :p
NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby
Elanor
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby coracle » Feb 18, 2011 2:40 pm

Jill & Eustace: I like the way Lewis put these two characters together as friends rather like brother and sister (we are not told whether Jill has siblings, but she seems a bit solitary). That sort of friendship can grow into love as adults in real life, but in the stories there isn't time for it - they are still at boarding school and haven't moved into adult social life yet.

The suggestion they would be "college students" in TLB - I don't think the movie would have to follow the book and be "seven years after SC" - I think that the children who see the film need to be able to identify enough with Eustace and Jill, for which high school (UK secondary school) would be okay but university or college would not. The actors can certainly play 16-17 year olds even if they are in their 20s.

Back to the topic: if I were to give a grudging vote for any sort of attraction between a male and a female character in the movie it would probably be Jill and Tirian (can't believe I am saying this!) - Tirian respects Jill, she is a bright young lady who shows courage and initiative, and I'm sure she is pleasant looking too. How could he not be attracted? Jill is also at an age where she is noticing young men, and would would definitely notice Tirian. They are thrown together in a dramatic situation, which is ideal for emotions to spin around.
But it would be light-weight, more a few looks and smiles, and without the dialogue from PC.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby NarnianAtHeart » Apr 10, 2011 1:43 pm

I know most people say there shouldn't be any romance in LB..but if they can put in Suspian there is a big chance they will put in another romance...Eusatce and Jill: I half like the idea..they are wonderful friends and maybe a small crush through out the movie hinting they slightly like each...Tirian and Jill:it could work depends on the age of the actors if they are in a similar age it could work but not my favorite...Emeth and Lucy:I like the idea..they both have spent there life totally devoted to Aslan I just don't want it to take away from them entering Aslans country..Ed and Jill: I would have to say my favorite pick..I always imagined them together in the end( I have no idea why) cause they would somewhat know each other from England and Ed didn't have as many friends to catch up with(Lucy and Tumnas+ Digory and Polly with Fledge+ Tirian with Jewel + Peter with the centar...I forgot his name :ymblushing: + Eustace with Reep and Jill with Puddleglum...who does Ed catch up with??? it would be nice if she just walked up to him to talk and they smiled at each other kind of romance.......Tirian and Lucy:could work they could show him fondly looking at each other and him liking her voice.....

if they did do romance I would like to keep it out of Aslans country ;)
WILL POULTER IS EUSTACE club!

sincerely NAH ( Narnian At Heart)
Narnia a world were you and I belong
NarnianAtHeart
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Shastafan » Apr 11, 2011 1:19 pm

Just out a curiosity, wouldn't it be horrible if ALL of these romances happened in LB? Even the fans of added romances have to admit that'd be a bit (or a LOT) or the scary side! :-o
Shastafan
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Apr 11, 2011 3:18 pm

:-o We'd have to boycott the movie, lol!

Seriously, it would be a mess... Every other scene would be one of those horrible smooch scenes :ymsick: and it would be a romance movie instead of an adventure! ;))
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby stateofgreen » Apr 11, 2011 5:33 pm

I could only see Eustace and Jill romantically involved in an alternate universe world after they're done with school and are much older, probably university/college age. It would have to be an adult romantic relationship though as Coracle mentioned above.

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq

Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club

stateofgreen
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Anfinwen » Apr 12, 2011 1:19 pm

I don't think any romance would really fit, after all the characters are in a sort of "heaven." That said, a friendly contest between Tirian and Emeth over Lucy would be interesting. Lucy might comment on how beautiful a flower is, and Tirian and Emeth would both try to pick it. No one would get angry; they would just laugh and set about picking a whole bouquet for Lucy.
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby outlier » Apr 12, 2011 4:59 pm

The Lady Arwen Undómiel wrote:That said, a friendly contest between Tirian and Emeth over Lucy would be interesting. Lucy might comment on how beautiful a flower is, and Tirian and Emeth would both try to pick it. No one would get angry; they would just laugh and set about picking a whole bouquet for Lucy.

Awwwww, as much as I don't think there should be romances, that'd be cute :ymblushing: :x ;))
Signature by Tarkheena, Avatar by Ithilwen
Sneaky Ninja of the Lurkers Club
outlier
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Josh » Apr 15, 2011 9:18 pm

Shastafan wrote:Just out a curiosity, wouldn't it be horrible if ALL of these romances happened in LB? Even the fans of added romances have to admit that'd be a bit (or a LOT) or the scary side! :-o

It could be worse. The filmakrs could bring Jadis back she can be Tash's love interest.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext