This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Interview Tony Nixon in 12 hours

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Interview Tony Nixon in 12 hours

Postby Pshawn » Sep 03, 2010 4:48 am

Hey all,
I'm sitting down with Tony Nixon tomorrow morning at 10am Australian EST. I'd love some questions from you all to fire at him. Sorry for the late notice but we only finalized te time tonight. I look forward to hearing from you all.

Pshawn
I work too much to worry about spelling :)
Pshawn
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Interview Tony Nixon in 12 hours

Postby starkat » Sep 03, 2010 5:24 am

How much makeup did you have to wear for the role? Did you have any prosthetics?

Does anything stick out as extremely memorable, that you can share, about your time on set?

Were there any weather delays for filming while you were on set?

Can you give us your impressions of the Dawn Treader set that they built on the gimbal?

I'll try and come up with some more questions.
starkat

Postby wisewoman » Sep 03, 2010 6:17 am

Were there any surprises in your role as Rynelf?

Had you read the book prior to accepting this part? How does the movie character of Rynelf differ from the book character?
"It is God who gives happiness; for he is the true wealth of men's souls." — Augustine
wisewoman
Moderator Emeritus
The Moddess of Sentence Surgery

Postby starkat » Sep 03, 2010 7:29 am

What do you like the most about acting?

Out of the roles you have played, is there one that sticks out over all the rest?

Have you ever gotten involved in any pre or post production work on a film? If not, what part would you like to if you had the opportunity to?
starkat

Postby Meltintalle » Sep 03, 2010 9:42 am

How many different costumes did the crew have? Were the costumes comfortable? (After all, Narnian clothes are described as being more comfortable than earth clothes.)
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby icarus » Sep 03, 2010 10:47 am

As its a given he won't be able to answer any of the big spoiler-related questions (i.e. Ramandu, Gael, The Seven Swords, The Unfathomable Fate, etc) i'll stick to some brief questions about Rynelf and some of the other crew members: :)

1. As wisewoman already suggested - "How does the movie character of Rynelf differ from the book character?" Though particularly with regard to the changes made to the Rynelf/Rhince dynamic.

2. Given that the Telmarine accent has been abolished, what accent does Rynelf use? (I believe he previously stated it to be some sort of Cornish/West Country on his Facebook page, but i'm not entirely sure, but that follows into the next question...)

3. What accent does Drinian use (The one as heard in the recent video clip - "That's no Volcano") ...

4.What is the Rynelf/Drinian relationship in the movie, given the aforementioned changes to the Rynelf/Rhince relationship.

5. Mirko Grillini plays "The Belligerent Telmarine" in the movie - Why, with such an apt description, was his role not just given the name of Pittencream?

6. In what ways do you feel the addition of Narnian Creatures to the Dawn Treader helped shape the dynamic of the ship's crew. i.e. Did you try and play up on the divisive and antagonistic relationship between the two groups, or emphasise the new spirit of co-operation and cultural integration.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Ithilwen » Sep 03, 2010 3:20 pm

1. How did you get along with the other actors? What actor were you closest to during filming?

2. Did you have any parts where you had to interact with what would be CGI characters in the finished product? If so, what was that like for you?

3. Did you act in the "great sea battle" in the end? If so, what was that like for you?

4. Would you say your character has a lot of screen time and/or dialogue?

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby Pshawn » Sep 03, 2010 11:08 pm

Interview done and dusted. I have a 30 min chat with Tony I'll have up shortly. :) I asked 90% of the questions. He is such a great guy.
I work too much to worry about spelling :)
Pshawn
Moderator Emeritus

Postby coracle » Sep 04, 2010 12:46 am

Wow, well done, Pshawn!! :D
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby starkat » Sep 07, 2010 12:18 pm

The interview is up on the news page. :)
starkat