This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Lady of the Green Kirtle

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: The Lady of the Green Kirtle

Postby Josh » Nov 23, 2010 9:37 pm

WHo cares if an actor is famous? Is Narnia forbidden from having any famous actors?

For the most part I think actors, especially the kids, should be fairly unknown. But I think roles like Puddleglum, the Lady of the Green Kirtle, and Uncle Andrew should be cast by well known actors.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Ithilwen » Nov 29, 2010 12:21 am

Do you think Brooke Shields would be a good choice? She is very pretty, plus a good actress, and she recently showed she can play a villain on a TV Halloween movie.

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby aragorn2 » Nov 29, 2010 7:23 am

Who cares if an actor is famous? Is Narnia forbidden from having any famous actors?

Narnia already has several famous actors, Liam Neeson is Very popular, there's Tilda Swilton , Peter Dinkalage, Sergio Castellitto is very popular in Italy, Simon Pegg, they also had Bill Nighy for a while.

I like it when they have popular actors it helps them get more attention.
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby PeterCharn » Nov 29, 2010 10:45 am

Eustace+Jill wrote:Do you think Brooke Shields would be a good choice? She is very pretty, plus a good actress, and she recently showed she can play a villain on a TV Halloween movie.

~Riella

Brooke Shields
Pretty - Yes
Good Actress - Yes
Too Old - Yes

I believe the LotGK needs to be younger than her early thirties....because she had to be a reasonable age to seduce Rilian who is in yes early twenties (I believe).
PeterCharn
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby mm1991 » Dec 15, 2010 3:51 am

LotGK does not need to be seducing. She is not a seductress. She enchants him against his will. He is not being seduced to be there.

Anyways, my #1 pick for LotGK is Helena Bonham Carter. I think she's perfect. She really is quite pretty yet at the same time, has some witch-y features.
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Josh » Dec 15, 2010 3:57 pm

Um you are mistaken. Remember how Lewis described how in awe Rillian was of the Lady of the Green Kirtle? How he looked like a man out of his wits.

Rillian was seduced to an extent by the Lady of the Green Kirtle. I don't think the seduction (before the kidnapping) was overly sexual, but his attraction to her physically was apparent.

My guess is that Rillain was lured away by the Lady of the Green Kirtle by both seduction and enchantment. I believe it was only after he found himself getting strapped down to a chair in the Underworld that he began to realise that the Lady may not be the woman for him.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby PeterCharn » Dec 17, 2010 10:45 am

Josh wrote:Um you are mistaken. Remember how Lewis described how in awe Rillian was of the Lady of the Green Kirtle? How he looked like a man out of his wits.
Rillian was seduced to an extent by the Lady of the Green Kirtle. I don't think the seduction (before the kidnapping) was overly sexual, but his attraction to her physically was apparent.
My guess is that Rillain was lured away by the Lady of the Green Kirtle by both seduction and enchantment. I believe it was only after he found himself getting strapped down to a chair in the Underworld that he began to realise that the Lady may not be the woman for him.

Well said Josh. I was contemplating how to word what I was thinking.....but you did it perfectly for me. :)

i am very excited for their interpretation of the LofGK. I like what they did with the WW so I am trusting them to do something awesome.

I hope they market the witch aspect heavily for SC......but accurately (like in LWW, not VDT....I think the WW had as much screen time in the trailer as she did in the actual movie of VDT. LOL!). I think a strong female villan worked well in LWW and I think it has the potential to do again in the SC.
PeterCharn
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DancingPrincesses » Dec 18, 2010 10:08 pm

Dessa here,

I think Katie McGrath is perfect,
but her hair is black not red, which I prefer red :( ,
but I guess they can dye it, which is good! :)

~ Dessa

My RL sibs are Adeona, Mars Aviator, Lizzle, NarnianCricket, and Andriel
DancingPrincesses
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby MagiciansNephew1 » Dec 20, 2010 9:43 am

Wow, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Natalie Portman yet! She wasn't very good in Star Wars, but that was in large part to the absolutely terrible dialogue she was given. I've been hearing she was phenomenal in Black Swan, and is getting some award buzz because of her performance.

She has a very unique voice, too, and has been wonderful in all the movies that she has been in (except for Star Wars), and is the perfect age. She doesn't look too young, but it's not like she is pushing 40 like Winslet. She's only pushing 30.

Please, don't mention Megan Fox. She CAN'T act. Just because she is hot doesn't mean she should get the part. Winslet is a good candidate, but she is just a little bit too old.
Lets go SC!
MagiciansNephew1
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: ...trying to get out of one large history textbook...

Postby MyBubble » Dec 21, 2010 7:35 pm

I don't think Natalie Portman would really fit the part. Her voice isn't right. All the Narnians seem to have British accents and I've never heard Natalie Portman do an accent at all.
MyBubble
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby perfect_jill_pole » Dec 28, 2010 6:34 am

I think Asheley Greene would be good.
Attachments
dress 1.jpg
dress 1.jpg (6.46 KiB) Viewed 14601 times
HELP SAVE SILVER CHAIR! WATCH VDT!
perfect_jill_pole
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lucy of Narnia » Dec 28, 2010 1:06 pm

Yes, she is very pretty and "dark" ( I mean her hair, so she could look like I picture LotGK). Such beautiful eyes too, good thing for enchanting people. Almost to pretty to be a witch. 'Course, that's good for us not knowing yet. I'd love to see her looking like that for the innocent parts and then like "Rahr!" for the other parts. :D

*edit* This is the first time I have ever seen her, though. How is her acting? :D
Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!
Lucy of Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby perfect_jill_pole » Dec 28, 2010 5:50 pm

Great! She´s Alice from the Twilight series! I think she could learn an accent!
HELP SAVE SILVER CHAIR! WATCH VDT!
perfect_jill_pole
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lilygloves » Jan 20, 2011 7:02 pm

There are a lot of really great suggestions here (I'd love to see Diana Argon in a Narnia film) but keep in mind, the actress has to turn into a snake and get her head cut off. Just sayin.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Jill » Jan 21, 2011 7:03 am

Josh wrote:WHo cares if an actor is famous? Is Narnia forbidden from having any famous actors?For the most part I think actors, especially the kids, should be fairly unknown. But I think roles like Puddleglum, the Lady of the Green Kirtle, and Uncle Andrew should be cast by well known actors.

I agree about the kids but I would much rather not think, she did this, he did that why isn't she annoyed with him any more........ so they shouldn't be too famous or have been in films together before. Just my tuppence worth
Comfort child we are between the paws of the true Aslan.- King Tirian

If this is the real world the the play world a great deal better- Puddleglum
Jill
NarniaWeb Nut

Location: Standing at the door to Aslans country from Experiment House

Postby Group Hug » Jan 21, 2011 1:33 pm

Ashley Greene would be really good. she can play vicious and sweet.

i would enjoy seeing natlie portman as LOTGK.
[img]pevensiesbeach2.jpg[/img]
Maybe we're incorretly labeled :S
"It's what you do with the time thats given to you." -Gandalf
Group Hug
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext