This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Lucy - Georgie Henley

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Lucy - Georgie Henley

Postby GlimGlum » Aug 16, 2009 8:23 pm

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader has sailed into production and Queen Lucy the Valiant will return to Narnia as portrayed by Georgie Henley.
Welcome to the newest thread about Lucy for discussion on three topics!

1) Georgie Henley in her role as Lucy
2) Georgie Henley in her other roles and public appearances
3) Georgie Henley in the news! (Gossip is still off limits!)

Yep, you read it correctly! We are tweaking the topic to allow discussion about Georgie outside of her role as Lucy. We're including discussion on other roles that she has portrayed, and any news about Georgie Henley (gossip and rumors about the actor's personal life are still off limits!). So have fun and welcome to the new thread!
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Re: Lucy - Georgie Henley

Postby NarniaWally » Sep 04, 2009 8:30 am

GlimGlum wrote:The Voyage of the Dawn Treader has sailed into production and Queen Lucy the Valiant will return to Narnia as portrayed by Georgie Henley.
Welcome to the newest thread about Lucy for discussion on three topics!

1) Georgie Henley in her role as Lucy
2) Georgie Henley in her other roles and public appearances
3) Georgie Henley in the news! (Gossip is still off limits!)

Yep, you read it correctly! We are tweaking the topic to allow discussion about Georgie outside of her role as Lucy. We're including discussion on other roles that she has portrayed, and any news about Georgie Henley (gossip and rumors about the actor's personal life are still off limits!). So have fun and welcome to the new thread!
It is interesting that you would mention Georgie and really any of the 4 actors about public appearences and any news...there doesn't seem to be much at all...Will and Anna had a few tidbits here and there...are the Brits more protective of their young film stars privacy then the US.. or would it be by a personal choice?? It seems the US you can find anything on anyone even at a young age... B-)
Remember/// He longs to be with us more than we long to be with Him !!!..Wally
NarniaWally
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Farsight1 » Sep 04, 2009 8:11 pm

Georgie was a really good choice of casting. Her performance is so believable she could BE Lucy Pevensie.

I think it's a good thing they're managing to keep their private lives private. I say, the longer they can keep it that way, the better.
Farsight1
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby 220chrisTian » Sep 04, 2009 10:17 pm

Farsight1 wrote:Georgie was a really good choice of casting. Her performance is so believable she could BE Lucy Pevensie. I think it's a good thing they're managing to keep their private lives private. I say, the longer they can keep it that way, the better.
Ditto! Georgie did a much better job than Sophie in the BBC series. I also think these actors are good at protecting their privacy, which is important. ;)

I know Georgie played Jane Eyre in the 2006 BBC version. I haven't watched the whole thing, but what I did see I thought was well done. I didn't expect to like this latest version but I was pleasantly surprised! :)
220chrisTian

Postby Georgies Cordial » Sep 04, 2009 10:23 pm

Georgie is a truely talented and amazing actress and it is because of her that I became interested in the world of Narnia, the ability to show the inside of a character through voice and facial expressions and shows her incredible talent.
"Susan!" States the Supprised Selfless Sibling
skandargirl NarniaFan12 Georgiefan1 Oreius99Narniafan1 Greenleaf23 Tirian12
Georgies Cordial
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Queen of Narnia » Sep 05, 2009 11:26 am

Farsight1 wrote:I think it's a good thing they're managing to keep their private lives private. I say, the longer they can keep it that way, the better.

I agree!

Georgie is a wonderful and talented actress. She IS Lucy! She fits the role perfect. I'm so looking forward to seeing her in VDT and I hope she's going to act in more movies in future. Watching her career is so interesting. If I remember how little she was in LWW, yet she did a great job there already!
Queen of Narnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby NothinButNarnia » Sep 08, 2009 6:25 am

Well, I wouldn't say that Georige is Lucy, have you ever seen her in interviews??? But her ability to portray Lucy is perfect and amazing! She is very talented and my favorite actress :D
av / sig by me, PM if you want one
saw the movie opening weekend and cried at the end!
Jesus DIED for ME and YOU!
NothinButNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby TheGeneral » Sep 08, 2009 12:49 pm

Georgies Cordial wrote:Georgie is a truely talented and amazing actress and it is because of her that I became interested in the world of Narnia, the ability to show the inside of a character through voice and facial expressions and shows her incredible talent.

Yeah I agree with you, the last time I watched LWW I noticed how she communicated a lot with expressions, which is quite amazing since she was so young.
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Queen of Narnia » Sep 08, 2009 5:49 pm

NothinButNarnia sorry if I didn't say it clear. What you wrote is what I actually meant, so thanks for pointing it out! I actually wanted to say: Georgie is Lucy as soon as she begins to act. I didn't mean that she's Lucy in 'real' life, too. :)
Queen of Narnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby cuppycakesrach » Sep 13, 2009 6:26 pm

I love Georgie as Lucy .. I think they did awesome picking her and Skandar for their roles ... They play it very good... I love how Georgie captures Lucy's sweet spirit... and like you all said her facial expressions are amazing for how young an actress she is.
" We have nothing if not belief"
cuppycakesrach
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Narnian1993 » Sep 14, 2009 5:35 am

I think Georgie is perfect for the role of Lucy! :D I think she makes the character. Every time i see her in the news I automatically think of Lucy and Narnia! I love her! :ymhug:
~You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.~ C. S. Lewis
Narnian1993
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby tiger » Sep 16, 2009 9:26 am

I think Georgie is perfect, too. I can´t never see enough of her :) I like her interviews, she is so ... :)
:ymapplause:
I´m from germany, my english isn´t so good.
tiger
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Narniafan#1 » Sep 16, 2009 2:08 pm

220chrisTian wrote:
Farsight1 wrote:Georgie was a really good choice of casting. Her performance is so believable she could BE Lucy Pevensie. I think it's a good thing they're managing to keep their private lives private. I say, the longer they can keep it that way, the better.
Ditto! Georgie did a much better job than Sophie in the BBC series. I also think these actors are good at protecting their privacy, which is important. ;)

I know Georgie played Jane Eyre in the 2006 BBC version. I haven't watched the whole thing, but what I did see I thought was well done. I didn't expect to like this latest version but I was pleasantly surprised! :)

I also think that Georgie did a better job the Sophie (I think that's her name) in the BBC version. I didn't much like how they portrayed her in the BBC. But I very much liked how they portrayed her in this one. I can't imagine anyone else doing Georgie like she does.
She is so amazing at it.

As for the Jane Eyre movie. She also did an amazing job in that. I really like that movie also. Though I haven't seen it in a long time.

Farsight1 wrote:. . .I think it's a good thing they're managing to keep their private lives private. I say, the longer they can keep it that way, the better.

yes!! Its amazing how long they have kept it private. . . .and they should keep it that way.
Image<-made by nz_narnia_nut,avvie by Djeq
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/narnianheart-You can get cool prizes when you sign up for Swagbucks (like Starbucks gift cards)!
Narniafan#1
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby georgiefan1 » Sep 18, 2009 6:24 pm

Georgie is just plain perfect! the way she can come out of her life and plop in Lucy's is just amazing!

one thing that always got me wondering
in the PC commentary in the boat scene Georgie said she was trying to hard on getting her accent and it was going wierd, wouldn't a british accent just come naturally???
NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!
georgiefan1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby 220chrisTian » Sep 19, 2009 2:50 pm

georgiefan1 wrote:in the PC commentary in the boat scene Georgie said she was trying to hard on getting her accent and it was going wierd, wouldn't a british accent just come naturally???
Georgie has a Yorkshire accent, since that is where she's from. But you wouldn't know that from LWW and PC! I guess they were aiming for a London accent in the movies. :-\ I was shocked when I first heard Georgie's accent in an interview on Youtube this past winter. ;) [I discovered movie Narnia really late... :ymblushing:]
220chrisTian

Postby cuppycakesrach » Sep 20, 2009 11:58 am

Wow i didn't know that :-o that's cool ... she is a very good actress .. if she's doing all this with an accent and her facial expressions ... she's really good :D especially for her age
" We have nothing if not belief"
cuppycakesrach
NarniaWeb Junkie

Next