This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ramandu - ?

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Ramandu - ?

Postby Daughter_of_Ramandu » May 12, 2010 2:03 pm

This sort of frightens me :((

I see everyone is casted except Ramandu, as well as Eustace's parents. I do wonder if the crew or director made the decision of not casting Ramandu so Caspian and RD could get some more screen time. If it's for that reason then I'll try to let it slip. :)
Co-Founder of Jilrian Club, Jill/Tirian. PM DamselJillPole or me to join.
A proud Supporter of the Caspian/Lilliandil Romance!
I support Laura Brent!
Daughter_of_Ramandu
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby GlimGlum » May 13, 2010 10:37 am

Daughter_of_Ramandu wrote: I do wonder if the crew or director made the decision of not casting Ramandu so Caspian and RD could get some more screen time.

Welcome to NaraniaWeb, Daughter_of_Ramandu. Looks like you've been busy posting your first couple of days. :)

Though we haven't heard a casting announcement for Ramandu, it is still a good possibility that he will be in the movie. My belief is that it is probably going to be a surprise type thing we'll hear about just before the movie opens. We'll know for sure when VDT has its premiere showing.

Although none of the current footage has shown Ramandu, the footage is only a small percentage of all that is being edited. I don't recall any of the Lost Lords being mentioned as having been seen either and we know the actors who were cast for Lord Bern and Lord Rhoop.
http://www.narniaweb.com/info/cast-crew/cast-the-voyage-of-the-dawn-treader/
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » May 13, 2010 5:14 pm

I certainly hope they keep Ramandu! I love the father/daughter song during the sunrise and it would be horrid if they didn't have that in! And you're probably right, GlimGlum, since some of the lords haven't been announced, it doesn't mean they aren't in the movie so the same must be true for my favourite star Ramandu :ymhug:
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Skilletdude » Jun 09, 2010 3:43 pm

A_Narnian_Ship wrote:I certainly hope they keep Ramandu! I love the father/daughter song during the sunrise and it would be horrid if they didn't have that in!

Don't be too upset if their song isn't in the film because it likely won't be. It seems to me that the more joyful character moments that are not integral to the overall plot get axed. Take the feasting and dancing scene in LWW that was filmed but cut or in PC when Caspian was supposed to be welcomed into the group by dancing fauns at the Dancing Lawn in the book. Understandably, that wouldn't have worked as well thematically in the filmmakers version of the story.

At any rate, are they afraid to include moments like singing and dancing in these movies? I think the adaptations so far are losing a bit of that Narnian flavor for more "tension" and quicker pacing.
Mary Jane: You know, you're taller than you look.
Peter: I hunch.
Mary Jane: Don't.
Skilletdude
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Movie Aristotle » Jun 11, 2010 2:47 pm

I personally think that we'll catch a glimpse of Ramandu in the movie trailer. You can't keep a secret forever...
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jun 12, 2010 11:12 am

Movie Aristotle wrote:I personally think that we'll catch a glimpse of Ramandu in the movie trailer. You can't keep a secret forever...

ditto! I hope so! if he's there I will be so happy!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 12, 2010 11:27 am

I'm starting to give up on Ramandu ;) Sure he may be the blue star but that's probably all that we might see or maybe the island is Ramandu. It's the closest island to Aslan's Country so it may be the star. Probably not :p

But still if we don't hear anything in four to five months about him. We best forget about seeing him.

I'm sorry and no offense to anyone who wants to see Ramandu, i just never found his character to be needed in the story. It took a lot of development away from Caspian and RD. I want to see in the movie why Caspian wants her so bad, not only for her looks. How is he going to have feelings for her in a two to three days he was on the island before sailing further east and Ramandu is all hovered over Caspian like in the book. It made no sense. If Ramandu is in the movie great, if he's not then that is great for me too.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jun 12, 2010 11:29 am

^^ as sad as it makes me, you might be right. we have even seen the faces of random fauns and people on the ship, but Ramundu is a no show! :((
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby GlimGlum » Jun 12, 2010 12:24 pm

Ramandu may be a surprise that the producers are keeping until either the trailer or even the movie is released. Until we know for sure, Lilliandil's father could still be in VDT. :ymapplause:

I am one one who hopes he will be in the movie. I would be a bit disappointed if he were not. :( But it won't make or break the movie for me if he isn't. B-)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby MountainFireflower » Jun 12, 2010 12:29 pm

I hope he is in the movie. But if he isn't, I probably won't boycott the movie. :p

I think that maybe Ramandu is one of those characters that they want to remain mysterious until the movie comes out. There are a lot of things we haven't seen - the seven lords for example, or the undragoning of Eustace. That doesn't mean that those elements won't be in the film. We know that the lords have been cast (as someone said earlier in this thread), and I don't see how the storyline could work without Eustace becoming a dragon. Could be they're just trying to preserve the mysteriousness of it all.

We'll have to wait and see, I guess. *sigh*
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby AslanIsOnTheMove » Jun 12, 2010 3:13 pm

I would like to see Ramandu in the film because I would like to see how he relates to Caspian as his future son-in-law. I just always thought that might be interesting and slightly intimidating for Caspian. You know Lillianadil is gonna be a daddy's girl if he's in the film. I am just curious about how that would look. A star gives his only daughter away to a man he hasn't known very long and who probably isn't half as impressive as another star would be. If Lilliandil is half human and can marry a human, it would seem she could just as easily go with her star half and marry a star. You have to wonder what a father would want for his daughter and how he feels in this situation. But they may have felt such a character would complicate Lillaspian and have decided to cut him for that reason. I don't know.
AslanIsOnTheMove
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ChristProclamer » Jun 15, 2010 2:05 pm

I rather hope Ramandu's Daughter isn't a daddy's girl. I think the relationship runs the risk of being compared to the Elrond-Arwen-Aragorn triangle of LoTR. There are a lot of similarities if you think about it.

Still rooting for Christopher Lee, though I know it's only a dream.

Somehow I don't expect we'll see Ramandu in the trailer.
ChristProclamer
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 15, 2010 2:17 pm

I agree with ChristProclaimer, I really hope that Lilliandil doesn't act like a complete daddy's girl and kiss up. Yeah I don't think we will see Ramandu in the trailer either. I'm still 99% sure that the star Caspian follows is Lilliandil but we will see.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby AslanIsOnTheMove » Jun 15, 2010 3:11 pm

I haven't watched/ read any LoTR so there is no comparison for me. I am not saying she is a kiss up. I just believe she probably has a very close relationship with her father as it seems they have the island mostly to themselves. It would seem there are three options (though I could be entirely wrong.)

1. She has a close relationship with her father.

2. She is a very lonely person

3. She has been doing the overdone disney princess thing and she sits and talks to all the animals all day long. :p
AslanIsOnTheMove
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 15, 2010 3:17 pm

I didn't say that you called her a kiss up ;)

I was merely saying that in my opinion that I hope Lilliandil isn't a kiss up towards her father if he's a Daddy's Girl, which I hope not. :p
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby ChristProclamer » Jun 16, 2010 4:53 pm

I guess I just don't want Ramandu to be all "Take not my daughter from me and ask her to forsake the immortal life of our people in the sky" type thing.
Though I do hope they present the two as having a good, close relationship.

I'm hoping that Ramandu won't be skipped over for his daughter. If she sings the song alone, and takes all his lines to do the explaining, I'd be rather sad, because he was quite an interesting character, IMO.
ChristProclamer
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext