This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Reepicheep Recast! Again!? Simon Pegg takes over?

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Reepicheep Recast! Again!? Simon Pegg takes over?

Postby Claire-ayes » Jul 05, 2010 11:28 am

Ah ... I never thought about Coriakin. Could just as likely be him, perhaps more so actually. Thanks icarus for pointing that out!

Yeah, the Nighy to Pegg thing does seem to undermine the Izzard to Nighy reasoning - who knows what's going on in this production. I happy with the decision, here's hoping I'll stay that way after seeing him in action.
Claire-ayes
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby 220chrisTian » Aug 18, 2010 4:35 pm

My friend Cyclops at AslansCountry.com (I'm AslansLily there) reported that Reepicheep's profile page on Narnia.com says "TBA" -- again. That maybe Simon Pegg is being replaced by someone else? Another voice change? What I want to know is, has the Reep profile on Narnia.com ever said "Simon Pegg"? Or has it always said "TBA"? Does anyone know? Thanks. :-s

http://www.aslanscountry.com/2010/08/re ... -recalled/
220chrisTian

Postby icarus » Aug 18, 2010 5:32 pm

I could of sworn it did say Simon Pegg. I can see it very clearly in my mind. But now that you say it, i start to doubt whether or not it actually did say it. I'm pretty certain it did, since I seem to recall that it took them a while to update the page after he was announced, but they eventually did.

Annoyingly none of the screenshots of the page i had were of that particular period, and i couldn't get google cache or the temporary internet files to bring anything up, so i checked through a couple of the international versions of the website which might be slower to update - particuarly the international sites which are online, but still somewhat "work in progress" (and as such are not yet properly selectable from the "Country Selector" window), and sure enough the Brazilian version of the site still lists Simon Pegg...

Reep Pegg.jpg
Reep Pegg.jpg (7.07 KiB) Viewed 11385 times

http://www.narnia.com/br/#/characters/reepicheep

and so does Mexico:
http://www.narnia.com/mx/#/characters/reepicheep

Like i commented on your news story - if they did end up changing Reepicheep yet again, i think all i could do would just be to laugh at this stage ;)
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby fantasia » Aug 19, 2010 3:16 pm

When starkat and I were talking about it last night, she made a very good suggestion. We both noticed that they had updated their character pages to include a lot less information (Like how everybody DIES). She suggested they accidentally pulled an old copy of the page to update rather than the most recent one. Maybe. Maybe not.

Either way, I simply can't believe they recast him. Pegg announced himself that he was the voice long after they finished voice recordings. (I'm quite certain that was his voice in the trailer saying "Your Majesties!" Though you know my record for correctly identifying voices. :P ;)) ) And they'd be too far into the animation by now to rerecord someone's voice and rematch the character animation to the lines spoken.

I still think it's Simon Pegg. But if they recast Reep yet again, I think I'm going to join icarus in laughing.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Movie Aristotle » Sep 06, 2010 10:55 pm

OK, so I wonder if I've hit on something. This is from the recent article on Comingsoon.net:
ComingSoon.net wrote:ComingSoon: Andrew Adamson acted out the CG characters for the cast. What's your approach?

Apted: I cast Reepicheep with an actor. I thought it would build a relationship with the actor. It could be done by a professional actor so that's what I decided to do. Whether or not I'll use that voice at the end, I don't know, but it is someone who will be there all the time doing that character. Plus I thought it'd personalize the character a bit more.
(Emphasis added.)

Here is what Bill Nighy said on "Frost over the World":
...I'm currently being a mouse in Narnia 3. Fans of the books, and indeed the films, will know that my name is Reepicheep, and I am a warrior mouse. I am a soldier, very high ranking. -Probably something in the region of a Brigadier I would think, or a Field Marshall. I'm probably second in command to Prince Caspian, that's how seriously I'm taken. And I'm very happy because it's a wonderful script, it's a beautiful film.
(Again, emphasis added. Notice he did not say he was voicing Reepicheep.)

Is it possible that Nighy was cast to be Reepicheep onset while Pegg was cast to do the voice over?
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby icarus » Sep 07, 2010 12:08 am

A very interesting idea.... but i'm pretty sure the actor he was referring to was Steven Rooke (Nausus the Faun) who we heard a while back had also played Reepicheep on set and read his lines.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Sep 20, 2010 11:24 am

220chrisTian wrote:My friend Cyclops at AslansCountry.com (I'm AslansLily there) reported that Reepicheep's profile page on Narnia.com says "TBA" -- again. That maybe Simon Pegg is being replaced by someone else? Another voice change?

Simon Pegg's name has returned to the Reepicheep character profile on Narnia.com. Panic over :)

http://www.narnia.com/us/#/characters/reepicheep
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby joy93 » Sep 22, 2010 9:19 am

About time they got that settled. I really wish they would have kept Eddie though cause he was sooooooo good at Reepicheep :( But we will see how Simon is in VDT ;) :)
joy93
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Sep 22, 2010 12:48 pm

yay! I am glad that they have finally figured out who is doing Reepicheep! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Shastafan » Sep 22, 2010 3:33 pm

There's a new game on Narnia.com called Reepicheep's Sword Training Game. You get to hear him say things like "That's it! Come on!" and "Again!" and such. If this is really Simon Pegg, he sort of sounds like Eddie Izzard, but it still feels weird to me, probably because we haven't heard Reepicheep speak a lot yet. What do you think? :-\ :)
Shastafan
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby aragorn2 » Sep 25, 2010 6:54 pm

I really dislike the direction in which they have taken Reep. I know it would sound really weird but I wish they made him with a high pitched voice(which Lewis mentioned almost every time he spoke) He should say more words when he talks, that was one of he things I loved about him was the way he talked in such fine language(words like shut up would probably earned a tongue lashing from him) And he is overall portrayed for laughs rather than as a noble knight.
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Rilian » Sep 28, 2010 11:13 am

Q: Can you clear up any rumors about why Eddie Izzard was not asked to reprise the role of Reepicheep?
Apted: I wanted to make some changes. I changed Caspian’s accent. And I wanted to change [the voice of Reepicheep], because I thought we’d get more humor out of it. It was just my choice, really.

This surprised me. I think we suspected that Izzard was gone to give Reep a more serious tone, but it seems to be quite the contrary. Even though it's sort of the other direction, I'm still not thrilled. I loved Izzard and his rendition.
Your podcasting prince,
Rilian

http://twitter.com/prince_rilian
Rilian
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 30, 2010 10:54 am

Poor Reep. His presence in these movies has basically been reduced to some cheap laughs.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby aragorn2 » Nov 29, 2010 7:51 am

From the clips that I have seen I like Simon Pegg as Reepicheep much better then Eddie Izzard
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Previous