This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

SC to release in 2018?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

SC to release in 2018?

Postby Anfinwen » Mar 30, 2017 7:51 am

So, now we have William Mosley saying that filming will start this fall. I don't know much about the time it takes to make a movie; is this logical if they are starting pre-production in the spring? I really hope this is true! I can't imagine anyone sounding so positive if they didn't actually know. William didn't pause or hesitate like he was thinking about rumors he had heard. He stated it like it was a fact, like he was in-the-know or closely connected.
(Edit: thanks, mods for moving this. I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or try to continue the Gresham news thread.)
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: News from Douglas Gresham!

Postby Glumpuddle » Mar 30, 2017 8:11 am

Anfinwen wrote:is this logical if they are starting pre-production in the spring?

That sounds feasible. Pre-production soon, filming this Fall, release late 2018.

I would have immediately written this off as pure speculation if he had not said it with such confidence. I wonder if he just wants the attention. He was promoting his latest film after all.
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Postby Impending Doom » Mar 30, 2017 8:12 am

Magee has replied to questions on Twitter with these responses within the last few weeks...
David Magee wrote:We're far beyond just looking around. I really can't say anymore until it's time to announce. Stay tuned!
Soon, I believe. That's all I can say about directors until we do announce - and it's not my decision when it is announced.

All the signs seem to be pointing to filming later this year with an announcement regarding the director, happening very soon. All this is consistent with what we've heard from Douglas Gresham.

Anfinwen wrote: I can't imagine anyone sounding so positive if they didn't actually know. William didn't pause or hesitate like he was thinking about rumors he had heard. He stated it like it was a fact, like he was in-the-know or closely connected.

In a way William Moseley is closely connected with the production as he's good friends with producer Vincent Seiber who worked on the previous films and it does seem like they keep in regular contact (based on their social media feeds). It's seem probable, even likely, that he would know more than us.
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby fantasia » Mar 30, 2017 8:34 am

It's not that I don't think William Moseley knows what he's talking about, on the contrary, I'm sure he keeps in contact with more people than Mr. Seiber and hears lots of goodies.
But having followed movie news for several years now, I'll simply believe it when I see it. ;) Stuff happens, things are delayed, movie releases are postponed.
I'd love it if it turns out to be true and comes out next year. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby narnia fan 7 » Mar 30, 2017 8:35 am

Until we get an official announcement I’m Taking this as speculation. But everything he said makes perfect sense if they are shooting for a late 2018 release date, and seems to line up with what David Magee and Douglas Gresham have been saying. Guess we'll see.

Impending Doom wrote:In a way William Moseley is closely connected with the production as he's good friends with producer Vincent Seiber who worked on the previous films and it does seem like they keep in regular contact (based on their social media feeds). It's seem probable, even likely, that he would know more than us.

If that's true that would add a lot more credabile to what William said though, I doubt the producers would want him making it public, or maybe not sense it creates buzz for the film.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: SC to release in 2018?

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Mar 30, 2017 12:56 pm

Exciting to hear someone say that SC will be released in 2018 with that much conviction! Music to my ears. :D

He also says September or Christmas, and that gives me the sense that he isn't just repeating the common speculation of fans. Christmas would be an easy guess for someone removed from the production of the film, but why would he say September? Why not November or October? So that paired with his body language/tone of voice makes me feel fairly strongly that he's at least been privy to some conversations about SC's release date that the average fan has not.
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Rogin » Apr 01, 2017 8:16 am

I would prefer a September release over a Christmas one but I'm just glad we're nearing a director announcement.

It's hard to believe that in less than a year we'll have casting news, set pictures, and rumors galore! Looking forward to sharing in this journey with all you :D
Rogin
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Glumpuddle » Apr 01, 2017 10:13 am

We contacted Gresham. Here's his response:

That is certainly what I hope to achieve. With movies you never know but I would very much like to have this be the case.

So, late 2018 release is the current intention, but we'll have to wait and see if it pans out. Nothing official yet.

(I sat on this for a few hours, unsure if I wanted to post legit news on April 1. ;))
I promise this is not an April fool.)

Recording a podcast on this today. Look for it on Monday. After that, we're going to officially commit to posting an episode every two weeks. :)
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Postby narnia fan 7 » Apr 01, 2017 10:45 am

I’m glad we got some clarification on this. A little unfortunate we got real new on today of all days (for A minute I thought it was a April fools joke) turns out William Moseley know what he was talking about. If they are hoping to film this fall a director announcement probably isn't far off.

I know it’s nothing official and a lot could and probably will change, but I can’t help but get a little excited at the thought that Silver Chair could start film this year.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Apr 01, 2017 12:35 pm

Ditto, Rogin! :D

Rogin wrote:I would prefer a September release over a Christmas one but I'm just glad we're nearing a director announcement.

I'm not sure how I feel about September versus Christmas. I've always kind of assumed that they'd probably go with Christmas because snow, but it's not exactly a really Christmassy story. That's LWW, definitely. That said, I think if they were aiming to capture a little Christmas magic, we'd likely see scenes like Eustace and Jill's stay at Cair Paravel and the Great Snow Dance, and I really want things like that included. We might also see more faith-related elements such as Caspian's resurrection as well, which I would also be very disappointed to see cut.

Glumpuddle wrote:Recording a podcast on this today. Look for it on Monday. After that, we're going to officially commit to posting an episode every two weeks. :)

Yay! \:D/

I think the director announcement must be imminent as well, narnia fan 7, if they're currently planning on starting filming this autumn.

At first I was rather confused that Will Moseley was the source of this new information, but then it occurred to me that the filmmakers may very well have encouraged him to talk about it... he's already out promoting new movies and he has plenty of cameras and eyes on him, and he's High King. :P I can't think of a better suited person to get people talking about a new Narnia movie, and his enthusiasm was certainly infectious!
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Movie Aristotle » Apr 01, 2017 5:00 pm

The Rose-Tree Dryad wrote:At first I was rather confused that Will Moseley was the source of this new information, but then it occurred to me that the filmmakers may very well have encouraged him to talk about it...

Okay, so I know during VDT I made all sorts of false predictions, but, from the way that William was talking and from his confidence in the insider knowledge, it made me wonder if he might be involved himself...
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby coracle » Apr 01, 2017 8:13 pm

Could be - but more likely he is still in touch with people involved. I'm sure there would be delight if he were to make an appearance in this one. (flashbacks?)
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Anfinwen » Apr 01, 2017 8:23 pm

Impending Doom wrote:In a way William Moseley is closely connected with the production as he's good friends with producer Vincent Seiber who worked on the previous films.

That's interesting; I hadn't heard that before. Thanks for sharing!
Rogin wrote:It's hard to believe that in less than a year we'll have casting news, set pictures, and rumors galore! Looking forward to sharing in this journey with all you

Same here! I can't wait for the days when the boards are busy and full of new people. I found NarniaWeb during or near the end of VDT production, and I can't wait to follow The Silver Chair!
Glumpuddle wrote:Recording a podcast on this today. Look for it on Monday. After that, we're going to officially commit to posting an episode every two weeks.

Thank you! It will be something to look forward to even if there isn't any news. And, if you get podcasters block :D I'm sure there are plenty of NarniaWebbers who'd love to make a guest appearance. :-B
Formerly The Lady Arwen Undómiel
Anfinwen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Reepi » Apr 02, 2017 6:08 am

When Will said he's not going to be in it until the last battle, what if he didn't mean until the book the last battle, but the last battle in the SC movie? He could've been referring to the scene when they return to Earth and punish the children of experiment house. Maybe he'll have a cameo there.
Reepi
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Impending Doom » Apr 02, 2017 10:48 am

Reepi wrote:When Will said he's not going to be in it until the last battle, what if he didn't mean until the book the last battle, but the last battle in the SC movie? He could've been referring to the scene when they return to Earth and punish the children of experiment house. Maybe he'll have a cameo there.

That's quite the stretch there lol
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut