This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

CALL TO ACTION: Another incorrect quote on the FB page

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

CALL TO ACTION: Another incorrect quote on the FB page

Postby Glumpuddle » Jan 27, 2016 4:42 pm

The Official Narnia Facebook page has posted another incorrect quote:

Narnia FB page wrote:"To defeat the darkness out there, you must defeat the darkness in yourself."
--Aslan in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (View here)

It was actually Coriakin who spoke that infamously cheesy line in the movie of course. Not Aslan. :ymtongue:

If you would like to see HarperCollins remove this image, please send a message to tmpcorrections@harpercollins.com. Last time, they listened and deleted the image. They are often very sloppy with how they post quotes.

This one isn't nearly as bad as their previous goof, but these quotes get a lot of shares, and before you know it someone will credit Lewis with it and it will keep spreading. Misquoting Lewis on social media is a really common problem, and I try to plug the leaks wherever I can.

Thank you! :)
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Re: CALL TO ACTION: Another incorrect quote on the FB page

Postby narnia fan 7 » Jan 27, 2016 7:52 pm

I said something on Twitter I will send a email as well it's mind boggling how carelessly the official social media pages are run.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby coracle » Jan 28, 2016 2:45 am

I have put a comment on the page.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby starkat » Jan 28, 2016 5:54 am

Commented on the FB page as well. Misquoting movie lines and attributing to the wrong character and not clarifying which source material it came from... Don't they call that plagiarism in English class? At the very least, it's poor documentation and that would cause some major grade deductions from any of the professors I had in college that required papers.
starkat