This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

"Silver Chair" director revealed??

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

"Silver Chair" director revealed??

Postby NarnianTourist » Dec 16, 2014 9:48 am

I was breezing through Wikipedia's Narnia film series page and noticed it said that "David Schwimmer will direct The Silver Chair" I have checked other sources and could not find anymore information, so this may be a hoax.

If it isn't a hoax, what does everyone think of this possible "new" development?
"Art is the imposing pattern on experience, and our aesthetic enjoyment is recognition of the pattern"

--Alfred North Whitehead
NarnianTourist
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: "Silver Chair" director revealed??

Postby Impending Doom » Dec 16, 2014 7:21 pm

Definetly untrue. There's no outside source so we must assume it's false at this point.

It doesn't look like he's directed many films and the ones he has I haven't watched so I don't know if I'd want him to helm Silver Chair.
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby fantasia » Dec 16, 2014 9:20 pm

I didn't even know he even had experience directing before. Looks like he has. It's funny, sometimes rumors are so far out in left field I can't but wonder if there might be a seed of truth there. I'm certainly taking this with a grain of salt, but it's worth looking into. :)
Thanks for dropping by to mention this NarnianTourist!

As far as how I'd feel about it if it were true, I only know him through Friends and Madagascar. So my initial reaction is that he wouldn't be a good fit. But on the other hand, sometimes these off-the-wall directors do amazing jobs. (I mean, have you seen Peter Jackson's work before LotR? It's.... scary. :)) ) And I have not seen anything he's directed soooo....?
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Reepicheep775 » Dec 16, 2014 9:35 pm

Of course I won't believe it's true until I see a source. And yet David Schwimmer is such an unexpected choice for director that it's hard to imagine someone making it up (unless, of course, the person making it up chose someone unexpected to make it seem more credible ;)) ).
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby coracle » Dec 17, 2014 2:56 am

We believe this to be a hoax.
However we look forward to being able to announce further information about the next production - when it is actually available.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Impending Doom » Dec 17, 2014 5:35 pm

Can you imagine if this is actually true? Someone from The Mark Gordon Company just decided to leak the information through Wikipedia of all places :p
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby fantasia » Dec 19, 2014 2:15 pm

If something like this were true, I doubt it would have been directly from someone in the company. It'd be more likely that some employee went home and told the family, the kid goes and tells a buddy at school, and the buddy uploads to the internet.
Plus look at what's going on with Sony. Anymore it could be the result of a hack.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Aslan Fan » Jan 13, 2015 3:56 pm

Interesting, I have to research on it too. Thanks for the update. Its probably a hoax but who knows?
Aslan Fan
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby coracle » Jan 15, 2015 12:30 am

Well, we mods checked with our best source and were told it is not true.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby SilverSea » Feb 10, 2015 6:47 pm

Thank goodness. #:-s Having Ross from Friends direct SC would be so bizarre and awkward.
SilverSea
NarniaWeb Nut