This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Will we ever see Silver Chair?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Will we ever see Silver Chair?

Postby Lilygloves » Dec 09, 2014 11:06 am

I think the reaction for the movie has been pretty subdued because we know that there's going to be such a long wait. When the news first came out a year ago, people were really excited. Now the forum is more like, "now what?" It'll be a while before we can see anything, but it's nice to know that it's in the works.
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Golg » Dec 22, 2014 11:58 pm

2018! :-o :((

Oh, well. Perhaps the new company will stick closer to the books, even though I LOVED the adaption of LWW and liked the PC. But the VDT was butchered; I don't mind adding subplots (non-romantic ones, that is *thinks about Tauriel, shudders* :-s ), but when you change the central plot, it can get pretty green... in a bad way.

I really hope the movie will be worth the wait!
Golg
NarniaWeb Regular

Silver Chair to be released in 2015?

Postby ajmcrill » Jan 07, 2015 2:04 pm

The Silver Chair is mentioned alongside several other movies that have already been confirmed, like Star Wars and Mockingjay...I would be surprised, since we haven't heard a peep for awhile.

I think it's interesting that SC is mentioned in this article as coming out in 2015. I think it is a mistake but I wonder what information the author of the article received to lead her to think so...

http://www.beliefnet.com/columnists/mov ... year.html#
ajmcrill
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby coracle » Jan 07, 2015 2:28 pm

The writer probably didn't check, but simply copied from elsewhere.
We all know that the film hasn't been made yet, so it can't be released this year.
Even IMDb was saying 2016, which is also wrong!
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Eustace » Feb 16, 2015 2:19 pm

I definitely think that we will not hear news for a while and it kind of be some years before we know much of anything,but, I still believe that they will make this movie. If you ask the majority of people they will not even know that the Silver Chair is being made. I believe they don't want people to really know much yet, even if they have decided something. :)
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Feb 24, 2015 7:01 pm

Guys, I don't know if we can take this as a accurate source to settle that the movie will, indeed, be released in 2017, but this just showed up today: http://movies.mxdwn.com/news/michael-ca ... -the-snow/

Quoting: "The Giant Under the Snow is due for release sometime in 2017, alongside The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair – another example of classic children’s literature-turned-film."

Do you think this is some kind of "confirmation"? Of course, I'll only believe when they oficially say it, but even so, I'm quite happy to read it.
“In The Chronicles of Narnia we feel the magical comfort of that eternal optimism, that belief that the best is somehow always yet to come.” — Claire Fallon
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby daughter of the King » Feb 25, 2015 1:38 pm

Since it isn't an announcement from the studio or Estate, it can't really be considered confirmation. It would be nice if it were true, but I doubt it. Although I would love to be proven wrong in this case.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby 220chrisTian » Apr 23, 2015 2:57 pm

Check out this article from Venture Capital Post, published today. They say that (1) Neeson and Swinton will reprise their roles, and (2) production has started. What is their source?!

http://www.vcpost.com/articles/60353/20 ... n-2016.htm
220chrisTian

Postby Golg » Apr 23, 2015 9:16 pm

220chrisTian wrote:Check out this article from Venture Capital Post, published today. They say that (1) Neeson and Swinton will reprise their roles, and (2) production has started. What is their source?!

http://www.vcpost.com/articles/60353/20 ... n-2016.htm

I cannot see any sources, and this is the only article I found when google'ing news for the Silver Chair.

A part of me hopes it is real, because it's news and Neeson is returning.

Another part of me hopes it's a farce, because of Ms. Swinton. I really liked her as Jadis, but she cannot be the Lady. Even a cameo of her would be kind of annoying. :|
Golg
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Impending Doom » Apr 24, 2015 7:31 am

If they had started casting, that would mean they already have a director on board with the project. It looks like whomever wrote the article took available information from IMDB and added what they pleased. Don't be fooled!

“By mixing a little truth with it they had made their lie far stronger."
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby 220chrisTian » Apr 24, 2015 2:35 pm

I don't think this article is accurate either, but I can't access IMDb Pro. I'd love to know what it says there. Also, looking at their 'about' and 'contact' pages, Venture Capital Post seems professional, i.e. not the kind of people to make things up. :-s
220chrisTian

Postby Reepicheep775 » Apr 24, 2015 6:20 pm

Nope. Not buying it for a second.

Time is flying. I can't believe it was all the way back in October 2013 that it was announced the Mark Gordon Company would be producing The Silver Chair and, regardless of what progress they're actually making, on our end next to nothing has happened.
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby coracle » Apr 25, 2015 2:07 am

I have little doubt about Neeson being back for the voice of Aslan.
However we have been told quite definitely by the Estate that Swinton will not play the LOTGK.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Impending Doom » Apr 25, 2015 8:28 am

It's been 9 months since we've heard a peep, and over a year and a half since any official development. Hopefully it we won't be too much longer before a director is hired because this news drought is making me wonder if they're still planning on going ahead with The Silver Chair. Paul from NarniaFans and many other fans I've talked to are also becoming quite skeptical.
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Glumpuddle » May 06, 2015 8:12 pm

I still believe there is profit to be made in a lower-budget fourth Narnia film, and that one will get made. Probably in this decade. The next step is probably to get help from a big studio like Columbia or Warner Bros.
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Postby 220chrisTian » May 07, 2015 11:48 am

VCP published another article on Silver Chair. Their posts are starting to sound like nonsense. :P

http://www.vcpost.com/articles/64285/20 ... t-save.htm
220chrisTian

PreviousNext