This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Pictures from Movie World

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Pictures from Movie World

Postby fantasia » Dec 27, 2009 10:56 am

Starting this thread to discuss myartismylife's pics that were sent to us, along with the pics by Jin-Tao that icarus found the other day.

myartismylife on the subject of the bell tower wrote:This is a side view of three of the seven missing Lords of Narnia that stand in the bell tower. The tower gets attacked and most of the statues are destroyed.

myartismylife on the subject of the fauns carrying a bell wrote:The bell that the fauns are carrying has carved on it the seven lords.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Re: Pictures from Movie World

Postby Dreamermiss » Dec 27, 2009 1:54 pm

The pics are really good. Thanks a lot! Seriously, how can the head people decide to scrape this amazing artistry? That is such a shame and a waste of good talent.
WE never see something this amazing in real life anymore, shouldn't it have a place also to show how many people still love their craft? I think someone should get a bunch of people together and buy it. Then put it on display somewhere.
Dreamermiss
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby icarus » Dec 28, 2009 4:28 am

The latest set of photos from the movieworld tour seem to answer a few some of the questions raised by the Nicolas Greening set report:

Nicolas Greening wrote:There were the larger than life statues of the seven lords

Seeing the bell tower statues with a real person in the shot gives you a sense of how massive they actually are:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45937246@N05/4221264084/sizes/o/

I would wager these are the larger than life statues that he mentioned - though im not actually that convinved they are supposed to be of the Lords, but i guess if thats what people have been told then they probably are. (the angle of the shot also confirms that the heads are actually detatched from the bodies as several people had thought. Look's kind of weird, though i wouldn't assume it has any special significance for the moment)

Nicolas Greening wrote:...boulders that looked like the moeraki boulders on New Zealand’s South Island (Maybe there will be some filming done in that region??)

And i would guess these are the boulders he was talking about:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45937246@N05/4221260862/sizes/o/

Which would confirm that Nicolas certainally knows his boulder types, as they look a spot-on match to me:

http://listverse.files.wordpress.com/20 ... 50_300.jpg
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby ceppault » Dec 28, 2009 7:38 am

Dreamermiss wrote:I think someone should get a bunch of people together and buy it. Then put it on display somewhere.
I will try to convince ramagut (my very understanding wife) to let me have it in our backyard. I am certain my neighbors wont mind.

Indeed. The bell tower statues are very good sized.

Out of PC and LWW, this seems the most unrestricted access to props and set pieces we have seen yet - no one is really looking over the shoulder to restrict what someone is taking pictures of.
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lady Galadriel » Dec 28, 2009 11:04 am

Well, if the Dawn Treader gets scrapped, it has served its purpose, as a movie set for a movie we will see. It's not like we'll never see it again.

The only thing that could be done now is leave it on display for people, and that probably wouldn't be practical. :(
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jan 01, 2010 11:43 am

beautiful pictures! awesomeness! I am sad that it's getting scrapped, but it will always survive on screen. :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Adeona » Jan 02, 2010 5:20 pm

myartismylife on the subject of the bell tower wrote:This is a side view of three of the seven missing Lords of Narnia that stand in the bell tower. The tower gets attacked and most of the statues are destroyed.

So... though we only see three statues, there were originally seven total? What in Narnia could destroy four such massive statues? They don't have gunpowder or explosives. A simple sword fight surely could not damage to the point of destruction huge stone statues. I don't see these as being the seven lost lords for several reasons.
1. Why do they have crowns?
2. And why depict them as headless, for goodness sakes?!
3. Why build the statues at all? What was the motivation for whatever people where behind this? It seems to me that there would have to be some sort of a "Seven Missing Lords Cult" for such huge statues to be built of them!

This may sound like a completely silly question, but: Did they do the actual filming of the "Belltower" scene right there where the pictures were taken, or did they shift all those bells and statues from a seprate area to this warehouse just for the public's tours? 'Cause it doesn't look like there is much of a set right there. I guess it could be mostly greenscreened. But where would the other four statues have stood? There doesn't seem to be anywhere where they might fit in. Maybe they would be digitally added too (to facilitate their destruction)? If so, then how did Nicolas Greening know there would be seven of them? Was he told that by a member of the crew/somesuch, or did he just assume?

Those rocks sure do look exactly like Moreki boulders to me, Icarus. I like the looks of that. A very fanciful, imaginative addition to any island set, I'm sure.
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child