This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Deleted scenes not on the DVDs?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Deleted scenes not on the DVDs?

Postby AnimalOfNarnia » Feb 03, 2014 10:47 pm

I'm wondering if we're ever going to see the deleted scenes that haven't been released.

Here's a scene in the original script for LWW I'd love to see:

Ext. Witch's Castle - Day

Aslan and the girls gallop toward THE WITCH'S CASTLE, now soft and melted. Ice falls from the decaying structure.

Lucy swallows.

Aslan digs his claws into the dirt, tensing his muscles. The girls shut their eyes.

HE LEAPS, SAILING OVER THE CASTLE WALL...THE GIRLS SCREAM.

That would have been much better than what happened in the BBC version (he flew over it, didn't he? [-( )

Here's another great scene involving Aslan that didn't make the cut:

Ext. Great Eastern Sea Shore - Day
Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy walk on either side of Aslan.

Behind them, the victorious army marches, jubiliant.

The beavers gambol in the surf. Mr. Tumnus picks his way along the sand, trying to stay dry.

Peter stops. In the distance, CAIR PARAVEL shimmers, ivory spires clear against the blue sky.

For a moment, all four Pevensies just star.

Suddenly, A GIANT WAVE SOAKS THEM.

ASLAN SPLASHES in the water, growling playfully.

They run after him, laughing, being children.

THE GIANT ORANGE SUN SINKS INTO THE SEA, SETTING IT ABLAZE.

I love how this scene shows how Aslan can be very fun at times. Too bad neither of these scenes made it.
AnimalOfNarnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Deleted scenes not on the DVDs?

Postby starkat » Feb 04, 2014 2:43 pm

A lot of those were never likely filmed. However, the DVDs do have some deleted scenes on them.
starkat

Postby Reepi » Feb 08, 2014 4:39 am

How about the dance sequence from LWW? Apparently it was one of the few things that was actually filmed, then cut completely...

Or the Hag/werewolf fight scene in PC apparently was longer too, AA said as much (and it certainly had that feel as well).
Reepi
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Glumpuddle » Feb 08, 2014 3:33 pm

Reepi wrote:How about the dance sequence from LWW? Apparently it was one of the few things that was actually filmed, then cut completely...

The visual effects were never finished, which is why it was not included in the Extended Edition. I would love to see a cut of the scene though even without effects.
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Postby Adeona » Feb 12, 2014 11:00 pm

I agree - it'd be great to see the LWW dancing scene in whatever form.

We know of several scenes/shots filmed for Voyage of the Dawn Treader that are unreleased, too:
    1. Remember that spy photo of shooting a scene with Rhince sneaking around the Narrowhaven docks? We've never seen any footage of that.
    2. Another spy photo of the filming is of Lucy leaning over the rail with Gael standing by holding an apple - so an extension of the scene when she's discovered and Drinian gives her the apple.
    3. There's also probably a deleted bit in which Edmund gets knocked out trying to save Lucy from the slavers - in the final cut she's dragged off screaming for him, and the next scene is Edmund regaining consciousness in a cell with Caspian.
    4. I'm fairly sure, too, that there's more footage of that infamous "Epic Walk" shot with all the Pevensies in Narnian attire. Maybe involving the thrones in the background of the shots we've seen? I doubt they designed the setting and costumes for Peter and Susan just for the maybe five seconds of footage used in the trailers. They were able to pick and choose out of all lot more than that, I'm sure.
    5. And finally, there was an extended world's edge clip released before the movie came out that was not included in deleted scenes, for whatever reason. It's really a lovely little addition which should have stayed in the movie.
RL Sibs: Aviator, Lizzle, Narniancricket, DancingPrincesses, Andriel
Adeona
NarniaWeb Guru
Thursday's Wayfaring Child

Postby Impending Doom » Feb 13, 2014 7:58 am

Wasn't there also an Indian actress cast as a Calormene ambassadors wife? I'm curious as to just how much was filmed that didn't end up in the VDT DVD, it sounds like a bit.
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Thunder-Fist » Feb 13, 2014 1:33 pm

I can't help but think those scenes were never done for budgetary reasons. They both seem to be very effects heavy and would have been very expensive.

We know of several scenes/shots filmed for Voyage of the Dawn Treader that are unreleased, too.

I think The Voyage of the Dawn Treader could have benefited from the addition of practically any scene practically anywhere :) , even if simply to extend the run time and slow down the staccato pacing (staccato is the nice word for it. Other options would be, rushed, choppy, or disjointed.) Some slower, thought-filled scenes may have done wonders, even if it didn't make it closer to the book.
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” -C.S. Lewis
Thunder-Fist
NarniaWeb Regular