This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Who Should Write the Silver Chair Credits Song?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Who Should Write the Silver Chair Credits Song?

Postby H Tide » Jun 23, 2014 9:25 am

I would love to hear Joy Williams (from The Civil Wars) sing the credits song. She has an incredible voice and a very unique, haunting tone to her voice. I think she'd be great. :)
H Tide
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Sep 23, 2014 8:23 pm

I must be pretty late, haha, but I would like to see someone like Cécile Corbel doing the SC credits song. She made the main song to Studio Ghibli's Arrietty and all the soundtrack too, which is definitely amazing, not to mention her voice, she's really a wonderful artist. I like Agnes Obel too, she have a great and mysterious voice that I think must fit with the Narnia vibe, maybe, and I like her lyrics. Another one that I really like and think that would be the perfect choice among these three is Priscilla Ahn. She's amazing, totally amazing, and she have this delicate and comfy voice and familiar atmosphere. She made a song for When Marnie Was There, another Ghibli movie, "Fine On The Outside", and I think she would be a good choice. I think she would do a great job creating something for Narnia.

By the way, I finally create courage to join the forum. ^u^
“In The Chronicles of Narnia we feel the magical comfort of that eternal optimism, that belief that the best is somehow always yet to come.” — Claire Fallon
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Sep 23, 2014 9:57 pm

Welcome to NarniaWeb forum, Lake Lachrymose! :-h Those are some really neat suggestions. I looked them up on YouTube and all three are very talented. Priscilla Ahn is my favorite; she has such a pretty voice. I can imagine her doing a song for The Silver Chair, especially from the perspective of Jill Pole. :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Sep 25, 2014 10:52 pm

Thank you so much, The Rose-Tree Dryad!!

Yes, she is! She writes some beautiful lyrics and I think she could be able to capture the feelings of The Silver Chair or, more specifically, of Jill. :)
“In The Chronicles of Narnia we feel the magical comfort of that eternal optimism, that belief that the best is somehow always yet to come.” — Claire Fallon
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby DamselJillPole » Sep 26, 2014 3:52 pm

I'm hoping to hear Broods at the end credits of a Narnia film. They're a new up and coming band from New Zealand. They are worth listening to.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Sep 26, 2014 4:04 pm

DamselJillPole, I searched for them on youtube, they are good! I liked Mother & Father, it's a great song! I can see them doing something for Narnia. Maybe we can be lucky again and they decide to do what they did in PC and LWW, putting various artists together?
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby the4signs[repeat] » Oct 07, 2014 10:10 pm

I think a new original Owl City would be a lot of fun to have running during the credits. :)
Grammatical garden or the Arbour of Accidence pleasantly open'd to Tender Wits by Puverulentus Siccus
the4signs[repeat]
NarniaWeb Regular

Location: On the balcony of my air castle... dusting the railing.

Postby wolfloversk » Nov 12, 2014 11:17 am

I don't know enough artists to really recommend one... I like the ideas of Celtic or Nordic style and having someone unknown perform.

I liked idea of (spoiler bars this cuz she knows people who'd think its spoilery) Billy Boyd doing the Hobbit's credits song. I'm curious to know what he could do for a Narnia song, but I haven't heard a lot from him, so I'm not sure he quite fits..
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby Reepicheep775 » Nov 12, 2014 6:18 pm

the4signs[repeat] wrote:I think a new original Owl City would be a lot of fun to have running during the credits. :)

I think an Adam Young song could work with Narnia, but not an Owl City song. I don't think synths and Narnia would be a good mix. Maybe he could resurrect Sky Sailing for one more song...
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Future Narnian » Dec 01, 2014 1:36 pm

What about Il Divo? I love their music.
Future Narnian
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Golg » Apr 12, 2015 11:33 am

Loreena McKennitt.

That is my humble opinion.
Golg
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Eustace » Apr 13, 2015 8:28 am

I would love if they could get Hanne Hukkelberg back because I really liked her song called Lucy. But, I understand that would mostly likely not happen. Celtic music sounds good and but, I think it would good to stray away from any Bagpipes used in the music and instead use all string instruments. :) I also like Imogean Heap, and although, her song 2-1 did not make it into the Prince Caspian soundtrack, I feel that if given another chance she could write a song.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Oct 03, 2015 12:56 pm

While I don't know if this is a possibility for the SC credits song (they're usually from bigger names, aren't they?), I saw something interesting in the comments section of the most recent news item about SC... people were asking about where Douglas Gresham had gotten the t-shirt he was wearing in the update video, and it turned out to be a promotional item for a music album that Douglas Gresham produced. This comment was left by the music label in response to the questions:

Sprig Music wrote:We’re so thrilled by all the interest in Meg’s shirts that we’ve made them available for you (click on our name in this comment’s header). Normally these are for her shows only, but we couldn’t resist putting them up for fans of Narniaweb. We’d also recommend checking out her album ("Courage, Dear Heart") which Doug was executive producer for (and *may* get some traction on the new film…[hint, hint, hint]). Thanks for all your support! – Victoria / @MySprigMusic

Looks like there might possibly be a Meg Sutherland song somewhere on The Silver Chair soundtrack! (After so much time in between news items about SC, even a tiny little hint about a song for the movie is nice to hear. ;))) Meg wrote two Narnia-inspired songs for "Courage, Dear Heart" ("Doug's Story" and "Real"), and I found a video of her on YouTube singing "Chandelier" by Sia:

I like her voice; there's a nice rawness and fragility to it. I can definitely imagine her singing a song from Jill's perspective.
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Oct 04, 2015 6:52 pm

Awesome, The Rose-Tree Dryad! Nice done! I also liked her and this is a light on the issue and all the "mysteries" that are surrounding the production of TSC! Can I use share this to a brazilian fansite? Or it's too early to do it?
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Oct 04, 2015 10:57 pm

I think it would be safe to say that there's a rumor that Meg Sutherland's music may appear somewhere on The Silver Chair soundtrack, Lake Lachrymose. While it was just hinting on the part of Sprig Music, it's still interesting and people will probably enjoy checking out her Narnia-inspired songs regardless. :)
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Oct 07, 2015 8:28 am

Thank you so much, The Rose-Tree Dryad!!!! The rumor has been sent, but I'm really sad how things turned out. I was planning to share the information with a good brazilian fansite, but another one published the rumor and claimed as theirs. It's the second time they do that, the first one was with that fake rumor about the script. When we all thought it was true, they stole the information that I've posted here and claimed as their "information". I'm pretty sad and really disappointed with this, but there's no need to worry about such small things, haha. At least they gave credit to you and to the forum, but I have no doubt they will keep stealing information from this forum and claiming as their own in the future. They're awful and totally dishonest.
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

PreviousNext