This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Who Should Write the Silver Chair Credits Song?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Who Should Write the Silver Chair Credits Song?

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Oct 07, 2015 11:04 am

Sorry to hear about that, Lake Lachrymose! :( On the bright side, at least the word is getting out and hopefully people are enjoying the Narnia-inspired music and t-shirts. :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Impending Doom » Oct 07, 2015 4:16 pm

Lake Lachrymose wrote: At least they gave credit to you and to the forum, but I have no doubt they will keep stealing information from this forum and claiming as their own in the future. They're awful and totally dishonest.

Unless I'm missing something here... the information discussed here on the forum was public knowledge and not a Narniaweb exclusive. Not only was Sprig Music's comment on the main page but also on the original Facebook video so the Brazilian site had every right to post the 'news' without credit. But like you said there's no need to worry about small things. :)
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Oct 07, 2015 6:15 pm

Just for the record, I don't have a problem with whether or not I was credited! Being credited didn't even occur to me as a possibility when Lachrymose asked about posting it as a news item on a fan site. I'm sure a lot of other people saw the comment that Sprig Music posted; I just figured that I'd write up a post on here in case anyone missed it and would've been interested, as well as share the YouTube video that I found. So no worries at all. :)
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby King_Erlian » Oct 08, 2015 4:30 am

Veering ever so slightly off topic, if anyone should be looking for a credits song for "The Last Battle" at any time in the future, may I humbly suggest... myself?

http://edenthomas.bandcamp.com/track/mike-nash-farther-up-farther-in-additional-track
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lake Lachrymose » Oct 08, 2015 8:20 am

The problem is not with giving credit to anyone, is just the way they shared the information. They never say they received the help of someone to do it, that's what I mean. Like "this came officially from spring music but thanks to NW etc to warn us about it". You know? I don't really care about this because, like you said, it's public information. I was just angry at the way they posted the text, because they used something that I, myself, wrote to them, and used as their own.
“In The Chronicles of Narnia we feel the magical comfort of that eternal optimism, that belief that the best is somehow always yet to come.” — Claire Fallon
Lake Lachrymose
NarniaWeb Regular

Previous