This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

How to market The Silver Chair...

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: How to market The Silver Chair...

Postby fantasia » Sep 24, 2014 8:42 pm

Thanks for keeping an eye on the IMDb board Wagga. :)

I don't know who's doing the updating, but I'm pretty sure it's not the official production company. We were told by the power-that-be that the moratorium lasts seven years from the release date of VDT, so they can't legally release SC until Dec 2017. Unless they told us wrong, or we misunderstood, I'm considering the 2016 date on IMDb a fan submission until I hear otherwise directly from the production company.

One thing I have learned from my 10+ years on this site, is that IMDb is NOT a reliable source because anybody can submit information and it's completely random on what the site chooses to post and what it doesn't. We learned that lesson after posting an April Fools Day joke about one of our members being cast as Queen Prunaprismia and she was uploaded to IMDb the next day. ;))
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Reepicheep775 » Sep 25, 2014 4:28 am

Funny thing... I think I'd be a little disappointed if I heard SC was coming as soon as 2016. This may well be our last Narnia film - at least for a long while - so I'm happy to have the extra time to spend on NarniaWeb anticipating it. :ymhug:
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Impending Doom » Sep 25, 2014 3:01 pm

I saw that the other day as well! There was no article attached so I didn't even bother to bring it up here.

fantasia_kitty wrote: We were told by the power-that-be that the moratorium lasts seven years from the release date of VDT, so they can't legally release SC until Dec 2017. Unless they told us wrong, or we misunderstood, I'm considering the 2016 date on IMDb a fan submission until I hear otherwise directly from the production

I'm pretty sure this isn't from the production company either but what I find interesting is that Silver Chair was finally announced so shortly after Walden announced that they were pulling out of direct film making and just going to finance films made by others in future

I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of deal has been made between Walden, The Lewis Estate and The Mark Gordon Company so perhaps we'll see this sooner than the late 2017 date allowed by the morotorium. But at the pace the filmmakers are going at now, they may need until then! ;)
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby coracle » Sep 26, 2014 3:41 am

Impending Doom wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of deal has been made between Walden, The Lewis Estate and The Mark Gordon Company so perhaps we'll see this sooner than the late 2017 date allowed by the morotorium.

Our high level sources indicate that no deal has been made.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Sep 26, 2014 3:44 pm

All the same, surely, even if no deal has been made, there is no harm in having a fully completed film ready for the time when it can be released. I'd expect that there would be some action to start filming by 2016, ready to be released in December 2017, when the moratorium is finished.

At the very least, the Mark Gordon Company can take its time developing scripts etc.

Fantasia_Kitty wrote:One thing I have learned from my 10+ years on this site, is that IMDb is NOT a reliable source because anybody can submit information and it's completely random on what the site chooses to post and what it doesn't.

I've noticed that they do have moderators to monitor the message boards, to sort out editing wars and, I imagine, to rebuild pages on request. Whilst people can become members of IDMb to comment, to add some things like FAQ's, plot summaries etc, there are rules about doing so, and you can't just add random information to any board without having the right access. The Silver Chair board is much more amenable to editing than is the Magician's Nephew one, which for now is in limbo without the 2014 date it had beforehand.

For years I wasn't the only librarian who found IMDb a useful database to consult for answering reference questions about films, actors etc, because of its extensiveness. Though I agree with you it does have its limits, and there may be better ones around.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Impending Doom » Sep 26, 2014 4:45 pm

coracle wrote: Our high level sources indicate that no deal has been made.

And who might that be?
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby coracle » Sep 27, 2014 1:38 am

*Smiles and says "Aha..."

If we are able to name a source we do.
If we are repeating a rumour, we will say so.

Trust your modly crew! :)
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Impending Doom » Sep 30, 2014 12:08 pm

Fair enough! Just a little curious, that's all
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Previous