This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

David Magee to script The Silver Chair

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: David Magee to script The Silver Chair

Postby PhelanVelvel » Jun 01, 2014 1:53 am

Impending Doom wrote:Here is an interview with David from January 2013, its not directly Narnia related but it gives us a glimpse of what we can expect from him.

There has to be something that when I first read the material, or when I first heard it, I said, ‘Oh yes, I want that, I want to explore that idea,’ or ‘I want to show that to my kids,’ or ‘I’ve felt just like that’, or ‘That really moved me.’

This goes to show that he only excepts offers that he is passionate about! He goes on to say that at one point he was pressured into accepting a job he didn't really want to do and know he just needs to say no sometimes. I wonder what first drew him into the Silver Chair? :ymsmug:

He also talks about working with Ang Lee on Life of Pi and about the process of making an adaptation. It's a really good interview and is defiantly worth the 25 minutes.

I hope he is still doing SC! All this waiting without news is troubling to say the least, but I know these things take time. :C
PhelanVelvel
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: David Magee to script The Silver Chair

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jun 04, 2014 3:00 pm

Thanks for sharing that, Impending Doom! Sounds like he's exactly the kind of scriptwriter we would hope for, and I'm glad that he's attached to the project. I just wish I could take a peek around his office! I'd love to know what some of his ideas for the film are. ;))
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Previous