This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Who should write ‘The Silver Chair’?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Who should write ‘The Silver Chair’?

Postby DamselJillPole » Nov 20, 2013 9:28 pm

As long as they get someone who respects the material of everything Narnia I wouldn't really mind. I still say Douglas Gresham should help with writing the script but only like a supervisor. He could suggest things while a professional writes the script and can also involve himself in the writing process too.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Cymru » Dec 05, 2013 10:10 am

Some writers who really adore the books and have also proven they can write for the screen (but whom we'd NEVER get): Neil Gaiman, Michael Chabon, or J.K. Rowling herself (who says she can't be in the same room with the books without reading them.) Gaiman's Problem of Susan will probably never be forgiven by Narnia fans, so forget him, but I can only imagine how well he'd write Narnia's darkest, funniest Chronicle. He has the chops for it. Of the three, I'd vote for Michael Chabon who wrote a wonderful script for John Carter of Mars.

I liked Steve Cloves' very faithful adapatation of Harry Potter and the SS. It really stuck to the book and that's what I really want to see. That said, Billy Ray did excellent in adapting Hunger Games.

As far as screenwriters go, one that I really like but am not sure of for this specific film:

Zach Helm (who wrote - not just adapted - Stranger Than Fiction and Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, and is working on another original screenplay which features a person receiving postcards from God)

Guillermo Del Torro - this is never going to happen
That is part of the beauty of all literature. You discover that your longings are universal longings, that you're not lonely and isolated from anyone. You belong. ~ F.Scott Fitzgerald
Cymru
Moderator Emeritus

Postby 220chrisTian » Dec 05, 2013 1:31 pm

Official news today on David Magee as screenwriter should close this thread. :)

http://www.narniaweb.com/2013/12/narnia ... eenwriter/
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7825
220chrisTian

Previous