This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Silver Chair: Scenes you are looking forward to

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: The Silver Chair: Scenes you are looking forward to

Postby Benjamin » Mar 12, 2014 6:10 am

Aslans country, I can't wait to see what they do with that. I really hope they can make it majestic. Though if they want to put that part of the budget into something else I'm fine with that, I'm just a lover of the majesty of nature.

Flying on air, I thought that was soooo cool and if they can bring that across in the right way then it could be great!

Meeting Puddleglum, definitely will be (hopefully!) a great scene, he is such an amazing character that they could make that scene really good.... well any scene with him for that matter!

Bism, will be great to look into the chasm as well! I wish C.S Lewis could've written a book: "Adventures in Bism" or some such book....

--Benjamin
Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!
Benjamin
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Narnian_Archer » Apr 07, 2014 10:35 am

I am really looking forward to seeing The Green Witch. I do have to admit that I'm a little nervous about them getting her right and making her an absolutely self-standing character and not falling back on the White Witch in any way (aaa, no I didn't think about "the Green Mist", no, no, don't think about it!) But if they do pull her off and really make her the way she needs to be, an independant character firm enough to stand on her two feet, then I'll enjoy it!
And I really want to see the Underground Tunnels. If they really invest into the project, I'd like to see what they come up with! There's so much room for creativity - fantasy totally rocks in that respect! So totally looking forward to that!
Also Puddleglum - can't wait to see Puddleglum!!!!!! :) :) :) :)
sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose
Narnian_Archer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby King_Erlian » Apr 08, 2014 1:44 am

I'd like to see the scene of Eustace and Jill at the top of the cliff in Aslan's country done really well. It should look terrifying, so that even the audience feels dizzy and sick with vertigo (especially if it is done in 3D!). That was one of the weakest things in the BBC version - Eustace fell off a ledge that was a mind-boggling six inches high, and coasted on Aslan's breath over countryside at a height of about three feet. Very disappointing.
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby EtJ » Apr 10, 2014 10:39 am

Benjamin wrote:

Bism, will be great to look into the chasm as well! I wish C.S Lewis could've written a book: "Adventures in Bism" or some such book....

--Benjamin

Yes, that would've been interesting. It would've worked in a sort of "Horse and His Boy" way... the scene in The Silver Chair serves as a battle between Rilian and Himself, as he is tempted to sacrifice his royal duties to Narnia for a desire to explore Bism. Hence, I really don't want to see Rilian deciding to jump down the chasm, as it were, in the movie. But if they depict Golg's monologue..... that'd be awesome! (It's interesting to note that Caspian was tempted in a similar way with Aslan's Country. I really must watch the BBC Dawn Treader again!)
"To the Great Western Wood, I give you...."
EtJ
Moderator Emeritus
Mad Mod of GMD and G&B

Postby TimmyofOz » Apr 11, 2014 2:25 pm

I have a question on how the cliffs in Aslan's country will look. Like the Grand Canyon? Like Half Dome in Yosmite? I tend to try to find something English, since Lewis is English. I was thinking of the Seven Sisters on the English Channel. They've been used before in movies. Of course you would need some special effects to make them look bigger. There are also the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland (The Cliffs of Insanity!) which would also be good.
TimmyofOz
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby PhelanVelvel » Apr 13, 2014 12:22 am

I personally feel that Puddleglum's "live as like a Narnian as I can, even if there isn't any Narnia" monologue should be done word for word, or extremely close to it. I cry when I read it. It needs to be done perfectly in the film.
PhelanVelvel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby jewel » Apr 13, 2014 11:41 am

The scene when they go in the underland should be pretty interesting. Since Caspian and the daughter of the star never married in VOTDT, that could make an interesting scene for opening. Look forward to it. I believe it's going to be really good.

:ymhug: For fellow members.
jewel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Eustace » Jul 24, 2014 7:40 am

I am looking forward to the Parliament of Owls scene. I just love Eustace's speech about being loyal to Caspian. Also, the scene where they beat up the bullies at the end of the book. Those two scenes to me I just can't stop thinking about them.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby CorazonBandido55 » Jul 24, 2014 4:18 pm

Im surprised that Jills dream isn't more prominent in this thread. I love that part of the book.
your fellow Telmarine
CorazonBandido55
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Impending Doom » Jul 25, 2014 6:48 pm

I thought BBC did a tremendous job with that scene! Visually it could be very interesting with the rocking horse turning into Aslan, but at the same time expensive... :-s It's also kind of creepy the way the book describes the whole thing. Which is always fun in movies!
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby jewel » Jul 26, 2014 11:03 am

The whole film will be good thought The owls should be interesting to. I really look forward to The Silver Chair.
jewel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Jul 29, 2014 10:47 am

I'm looking forward to Jill's dream as well. The filmmakers can really let their creativity run wild with that scene; I hope they make it sufficiently weird and dream-like.

Another scene I'm looking forward to is the very beginning when Eustace first tells Jill about Narnia. I mean, that's a pretty incredible conversation: someone seriously claiming that they've been to another world. Just the very idea of anyone trying to tell somebody about something so improbable and bizarre is fascinating in and of itself. It'll be an interesting challenge for the actors and I can't wait to see how they interpret it.
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 29, 2014 6:13 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing Jill meeting Aslan for the first time. There'll be some incredible scenery, hinting this is Aslan's Country, and their conversation is such a marked contrast to Lucy's previous interactions with Aslan. That scene and Puddleglum's "Live like a Narnian" speech are part of the more memorable parts of the book for me.
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Aslans Country » Aug 02, 2014 2:54 pm

I've just reread the book, and the parts I'm most interested in seeing are the scenes in Aslan's Country and Bism, I think. Maybe I have a thing for unusual landscapes. ;))
I'm looking forward to seeing little things like Cair Paravel again - it'll be interesting to see how similar/different it is from LWW (and we've never really seen the inside, have we?) - and of course the freeing of Rillian and the final confrontation with the LotGK.
Avie by flambeau.

"I'm there through your heartache, I'm there in the storm.. I don’t care where you've fallen, where you have been, I'll never forsake you, my love never ends, it never ends."
-Times, Tenth Avenue North
Aslans Country
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Golg » Apr 22, 2015 1:15 am

To name a few off the top of my head...

Meeting the aged Trumpkin

Meeting the Parliament of Owls.

Meeting Puddleglum.

Meeting She of the Green Kirtle, and her quiet companion.

Meeting the Giants of Harfang.

Dinner with an enchanted - and perhaps emotionally unstable, if you buy the BBC adaption - Black Knight.

The final showdown with the Lady, and Puddleglum's speech.

Caspian and Eustace beating up Jill's bullies at the end, and the Headmistress loosing her head and getting elected to Parliament. That was awesome.

Yeah... most of the things I look forward to is the meeting of characters. While these are the scenes I look forward to, they are also the scenes I fear will be altered. I'm also 99% that the Headmistress becoming an MP will not appear in the film, as amusing as it is to read, I'd be happy if they just keep the bullies being beaten up.
Golg
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby polly plummer » Apr 26, 2015 2:37 pm

I'm looking forward to seeing Eustace and Jill in Cair Paravel the first night in Narnia having dinner and before they go to the owl's council. Cair Paravel's such an integral part of Narnia to me and there are so few scenes actually in it that I'd really like to see this
polly plummer
NarniaWeb Regular

PreviousNext