This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Silver Chair: Scenes you are looking forward to

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

The Silver Chair: Scenes you are looking forward to

Postby GlimGlum » Oct 07, 2013 10:33 pm

There are a number of memorable scenes in the book that should make it into the movie because of their importance to the characters or story. Jill Pole's first meeting with Aslan, encountering The Lady of the Green Kirtle and the mysterious knight, Jill and Eustace meeting Puddleglum, and the parliament of owls with Glimfeather among others.

But for me, I think that the back to back scenes with the silver chair itself immediatlely followed by the confrontation with the Queen of Underland have the potential to be all-time greats. (IMHO).

You've got promises made and then challenged, conflicted heroes and heroine who want to do what is right but are not sure, a battle of wills with a powerful witch who uses those powers. And then a physical battle after the said witch transforms herself into something quite menacing. :-o

I really want to see them get all of the important scenes right but especially those two. Anticipating your scene picks and the reasons why you are looking forward to them. :)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Re: The Silver Chair: Scenes you are looking forward to

Postby wild rose » Oct 08, 2013 4:59 am

My favorite scene in SC is when Eustace pokes Aslan's paw and the drop of blood falls on Caspian and he changes from an old man to a young man. I am really hoping that if the movie is made, this scene will be played out really nicely. It's a calm and emotional scene in my mind and I hope the movie makers will keep it just the way it is in the book. It even says there that Aslan cried when he looked at Caspian laying in the stream, and I am hoping they put that in the movie as well.
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Postby Impending Doom » Oct 08, 2013 9:13 am

Scenes that I am looking forward to the most is the Silver Chair scene, I really hope the filmmakers get it spot on and make me sit on the edge of my seat!
Another scene I'm looking forward to is the Great Snow Dance, I know a lot of fans will say that it isn't really important to the story and I would have to agrre but I've always wanted to see the Fauns, Dwarfs and Dryads dance to the wild music! Dances and feasts are fundamentaly part of normal Narnian life and the dances in PC and LWW were cut out so I hope the filmmakers keep the this one!
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby PuddleCheep » Oct 08, 2013 10:30 am

The one scene I want almost verbatim is the scene with the LOTGK's casting her spell and it being broken. It's probably the most memorable from the book with some of the most memorable dialogue.

The scene I can't wait to see dramatized is the snake scene. With today's special effects, it should be pretty awesome.
PuddleCheep
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby 220chrisTian » Oct 08, 2013 11:06 am

Most anticipated scene: Eustace and Jill first arriving in Narnia (well, Aslan's country/mountain) and Jill receiving those four signs. Her first meeting with Aslan is vital to her transformation, just like Edmund and Eustace, and explains the purpose of their journey. They can't get this wrong!
220chrisTian

Postby narnia fan 7 » Oct 08, 2013 6:24 pm

One scenes that I'm most looking forward to is Caspian's death ever sense the first time I read the book its one of the first scenes I think of when I think abut SC just the way Lewis describes it it vary memorable to me a couple other scenes I'm looking forward to are Jill first meeting with Aslan, Jill and Eustace meeting Puddleglum, and the scene when they free Rilien from the silver chair.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Impending Doom » Oct 08, 2013 6:34 pm

Another scene that needs to be perfect is when Eustace and Jill meet Puddleglum for the first time! You don't even have to change the dialogue. That scene brings a smile to my face every time I think about it! :D
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Glumpuddle » Oct 08, 2013 9:06 pm

First scene that comes to mind: Jill meeting Aslan. Very possibly my favorite scene in the series. The dialogue is fantastic. Aslan is so wonderfully dangerous and mysterious. "I have swallowed up girls and boys, women and men, kings and emperors, cities and realms." *shudders*

I am really concerned that the filmmakers will treat that as more of a plot scene than a character scene. I hope they don't just quickly outline the four signs and then move on. The point of the scene (imo) is that it's a baby step for Jill learning to trust again. She chooses to take a drink and trust Aslan because the only other option is dying of thirst.

Impending Doom wrote:Another scene that needs to be perfect is when Eustace and Jill meet Puddleglum for the first time!

Yes! I really want them to recreate Baynnes' illustration of Puddleglum with his back to the camera. Always adored that image, and think it could translate very well to film.

I hope the filmmakers don't make Puddleglum's intro comedic. Keep it just a bit ominous at first. Preserve that moment where the kids are nervous about not knowing what kind of creature a Marsh-wiggle is exactly.
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Postby DamselJillPole » Oct 09, 2013 8:31 am

Like glumPuddle I'm really looking forward to the scene where Jill meets Aslan in his country and I'm a complete purist when it comes to that moment, it's very vivid and very important to Jill's growth in the story.

I'm also looking forward to how they will pull off Harfang. That's another favorite part of mine in the book. This time I hope it's a much darker place then it was in the BBC version. IDK why I feel that it should be dark but I always imagined it that way. :p
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Reepicheep775 » Oct 09, 2013 8:31 am

I'm actually looking forward to the Rilian flashback. I'm not sure how, or even if, they will manage to fit this scene into the movie (I'm guessing they won't put it during the Parliament of Owls like in the book, though I could be wrong). I'm a fan of chivalric romances and Lewis always writes the Narnian nobility authentically (other examples being the hunting of the White Stag and the Pevensies in HHB). Sometimes during those scenes I almost forget I'm reading a 20th century book, because it feels so wonderfully medieval.

Other scenes I'm looking forward to/are worried they will get wrong are the Lady of the Green Kirtle's dialogue with Puddleglum and the others, and Jill meeting Aslan.

I'm very curious to see how the filmmakers will handle Experiment House...
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby fantasia » Oct 09, 2013 9:39 pm

Impending Doom wrote:Another scene I'm looking forward to is the Great Snow Dance, I know a lot of fans will say that it isn't really important to the story and I would have to agrre but I've always wanted to see the Fauns, Dwarfs and Dryads dance to the wild music!

I must wholeheartedly ditto your statement! I don't know why, but I absolutely loved the idea of a Narnian snowball dance and I would love to see it in the film. :D Unfortunately this is the sort of thing that's often cut so I'm not getting my hopes up too high.
But my favorite moment from all seven books combined is still when Puddleglum stands up to the Lady of the Green Kirtle. "I shall live like a Narnian, even if their isn't any Narnia." (<- going from memory, hope it's close) I cannot WAIT to see this scene, and they had better get it right!
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby ceppault » Oct 10, 2013 7:47 am

fantasia_kitty wrote:"I shall live like a Narnian, even if their isn't any Narnia." (<- going from memory, hope it's close) I cannot WAIT to see this scene, and they had better get it right!
Ditto *hearty harumphf*

I think this would be a "key emotional sequence," to quote Mr Mark Johnson, if memory serves, as it related to the end of Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I don't think anyone will be squeamish as they were with the whole business of the Lamb and the Lion.
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby daughter of the King » Oct 10, 2013 8:08 am

My favorite part of The Silver Chair has always been the sequence from when Puddleglum, Eustace, and Jill meet Rilian to when they release him from the Chair. It gives me goosebumps. And the way Rilian acts is so spine-tingling!

I also really, really want the scene where Aslan knocks down the wall and Caspian, Jill, and Eustace scare the bullies away. It's not strictly necessary for the plot, but it does make a stark contrast to the beginning of the story where "Jill Pole was crying behind the gym."
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby aragorn2 » Oct 12, 2013 1:14 pm

I'm really looking forward to Puddleglum. Ill be really mad if they ruin him.
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby mm1991 » Oct 13, 2013 4:49 pm

As other have said, I am most looking forward to the underground scene with the LotGK.
"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

mm1991
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Skilletdude » Oct 13, 2013 11:22 pm

The Harfang cookbook scene, on how to properly prepare Man; also hints and tips to improve a Marshwiggle's "stringy consistency and muddy flavour." :D
Mary Jane: You know, you're taller than you look.
Peter: I hunch.
Mary Jane: Don't.
Skilletdude
Moderator Emeritus

Next