This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Silver Chair: Scenes you are looking forward to

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: The Silver Chair: Scenes you are looking forward to

Postby waggawerewolf27 » Oct 16, 2013 7:48 pm

Me, too. That cookbook, and Puddleglum's reaction to it would have to be spot on. Also Puddleglum's "reshspectobiggle" performance when presented to the King and Queen of Harfang.

But there are other scenes that I would like to see, and have the dialogue same as in the book. Trumpkin meeting Jill & Eustace is one of them. Meeting the earthmen for the first time would be another one, and Puddleglum's comment about being buried underground would save funeral expenses. I hope the film captures earthmen talking in "pitch black" kind of voices.

Glimfeather meeting Jill and Eustace would be important as well as the Parliament of Owls. Though I don't know how they would pull it off.
waggawerewolf27
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Lilygloves » Oct 17, 2013 6:05 am

There are SO many scenes I'm excited to see:
1. The transition from our world to Narnia might be difficult, but I think they did a great job in VDT and PC, which have equally difficult transitions.
2. The Parliament of Owls scene, because I love owls
3. I think everyone is excited to see the enchantment scene when the LOTGK is trying to convince them there is no Narnia. That could have really great cinematography to compliment the awesome lines. That part I think should be almost word for word from the book.
4. Bism- I don't know how much of this they are going to include, but the whole salamanders and the gnomes falling into the blazing chasm would look beautiful. I can't imagine what the concept art will look like.
5. The end scenes- From Rilian being reunited with Caspian, to Caspian's death, to the transition from the docks of the boat to Aslan's mountain, and then Aslan at Experiment House. The whole scene in the book is incredibly peculiar, so I'm nervous that they might not include some of these parts. If they do, it could look really cool.

I know these are a lot of scenes, but Silver Chair is my favorite book! :D
Lilygloves
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Stylteralmaldo » Oct 26, 2013 3:30 pm

The scene from the story that I quite possibly enjoyed most was the confrontation at the silver chair and whether or not to release the prisoner. It was quite the confrontation and the poignant moment when Puddleglum declared that he would follow Aslan even if he wasn't even sure if Aslan existed. Eautiful moment for me as a reader and hopefully they can translate in a film version effectively.

My nickname emoji: :@)

...Let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity,...with instruction about ablutions, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. (Hebrews 6:1-2)
Stylteralmaldo
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Bloodlines Guru

Postby SilverSea » Oct 26, 2013 9:19 pm

Most of the scenes I'm excited to see are at the beginning of the film.

-The Experiment House bullies chasing Eustace and Jill into Aslan's Country.

-Jill's first meeting with Aslan (they must get this scene right!).

-Jill being blown into Narnia.

-Meeting Puddleglum.

-Meeting The Lady of the Green Kirtle (and disguised!Rilian) on the Giant's Bridge.

-Rilian destroying the silver chair.

-TLotGK's mind control on everyone and Puddleglum stopping it.

-Caspian being revived and everyone chasing the bullies away at the end of the film.
SilverSea
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Aslan Fan » Oct 28, 2013 7:47 pm

I would have to say ALL of Aslan's scenes. And the final scene with the witch. :ymsmug: :ymhug: :D
Aslan Fan
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Reepicheep775 » Oct 29, 2013 8:34 am

SilverSea wrote:-Jill being blown into Narnia.

I wouldn't mind seeing this scene re-imagined for the movie. It's hard to imagine this scene in a movie without it looking incredibly cheesy, especially with a probable lower budget. It would be nice to still see how high up Aslan's Country is in comparison with Narnia, but Jill and Eustace being blown down to Narnia isn't that important to me.
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby johobbit » Nov 01, 2013 10:52 am

Favourite scenes, whoa, what a decision. As someone said to me this morning, "You could just put 'the whole book' and call it a day". :)) Indeed!

Listing them here, in chronological order:

~Jill & Eustace meeting behind the gym
~the cliff scenes
~Jill & Aslan
~Eustace, and then Jill, being blown to Narnia
~Trumpkin's hilarious hard-of-hearing conversation
~the Parliament of Owls, and Glimfeather first meeting the children earlier
~Puddleglum ♥ (and they better get him bang on!); his wigwam; eel stew
~the giants throwing rocks
~the Giant Bridge
~meeting the two strangers (1 silent; 1 chatty :-$ ) after the bridge
~the strange trenches
~the giant porter and Puddleglum
~the three travelers in audience with the giant King & Queen
~Jill's 'dream' at Harfang
~the three travelers seeing the trench words the next morning
~lunchtime and the stag
~the Harfang kitchen scene: the cookbook!
~first meeting of the Gnomes of Underland: I hope they are so varied as in the book
~Father Time
~everything with Rilian and the Witch, in particular when she tries to seduce them all, whereupon good ol' Puddleglum brings forth his beloved speech
~the gnomes jumping into Bism; Underland collapsing
~conversation with Golg
~the Great Snow Dance
~farewell to Puddleglum :(
~The Mountain of Aslan: all of it!
~showing themselves to the Experiment School bullies
~Caspian seeing 'our world'

So, yeah, the entire book! :D ;))

Plus, I want so many of the amazing TSC quotes put in the film. Oh goodness.
B-)
johobbit

Postby Eustace » Nov 14, 2013 9:53 am

I am really waiting for the scene underground with the Lady of the Green Kirtle and the destroying of the Silver Chair. Some of my favorite lines are in this scene, especially the lines by Puddleglum.

Also, I am excited to see Caspian becoming young again in Aslan's Country. That whole scene is so emotional.

Another scene I wish to see is the Parliament of Owls, where Eustace tells them he is a the King's man. :D
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby jillpole1 » Jan 11, 2014 4:20 pm

I'm excited for the entire part when they are in the giants mansion, and also, of course, the behind the "experiment house" scene at the beginning. Also the underground parts... ahh, I can't choose. This is my favorite Narnia book, and I'm so excited for the movie, no matter how long it's going to take! :) I need to read the book again to remember more!
NW siblings: TheDwarfMan, TheGentleWarrior
NW Cousin: Weirdo

Avvie by: RubyGamgee - Signature by: Tarkheena
jillpole1
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Impending Doom » Jan 11, 2014 6:32 pm

jillpole1 wrote:I'm excited for the entire part when they are in the giants mansion, and also, of course, the behind the "experiment house" scene at the beginning.

Well bullying is an extremely hot topic right now, they could captilize on that by expanding/showing more of Jill's struggle with the bullies and teachers at Expirement House. Might not be a bad idea.
Impending Doom
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby jesus-aslan freak » Jan 14, 2014 12:28 pm

glumPuddle wrote:First scene that comes to mind: Jill meeting Aslan. Very possibly my favorite scene in the series. The dialogue is fantastic. Aslan is so wonderfully dangerous and mysterious. "I have swallowed up girls and boys, women and men, kings and emperors, cities and realms." *shudders*

I am really concerned that the filmmakers will treat that as more of a plot scene than a character scene. I hope they don't just quickly outline the four signs and then move on. The point of the scene (imo) is that it's a baby step for Jill learning to trust again. She chooses to take a drink and trust Aslan because the only other option is dying of thirst.

I completely agree! If they do not have this scene, the movie will not be the same for me. I think it might be cool if they do sort of what they did with Edmund in LWW. They might show a little bit of what her life was like before the story takes off; why doesn't she trust anybody? What pushed her to that point? What made her so callused? Many people get hurt in relationships, so they're not willing to open up and try again. It would be interesting, and a great way to explore her character, if maybe she felt betrayed by her family when they sent her to an experiment home, though she had always thought that they'd always be together. Something like that.
For Aslan!
jesus-aslan freak
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Son of Tash » Jan 18, 2014 4:43 pm

i want to see the scene that they enter the underworld ,i really hope this movie be huge production.
In the name of Tash,My Lord and King of Darkness
Son of Tash
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby GlimGlum » Feb 04, 2014 3:41 pm

Another of my favorite scenes that would provide a little comic relief is when Puddleglum, Jill, and Eustace are walking away from Harfang and trying to be as inconspicuous as possible. But Puddleglum notices the kid's bright clothes and says something to the effect that the world's worst archer couldn't miss them if they were in range.

That could be a little gem of a moment. :)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby The Rose-Tree Dryad » Feb 13, 2014 7:06 pm

One scene that I really hope is included and done justice is the Great Snow Dance—after the utter despair and danger in Underland and the fear of being unable to escape the darkness, I love the sudden and delightful contrast of the moonlit revelries. It's one of the most Narnian scenes in the whole book, if you ask me; almost like a reward after all the bleak trials and tribulations our main characters are put through. I hope it's beautifully rendered in the movie.

It's a bit of a pet peeve, but I'd also really like to see corporeal dryads in this scene, something we haven't seen in previous films. They were always these glitzy special effects—pretty, but kind of gimmicky, too. They also diminished the Greek heritage of dryads from a stylistic standpoint, something I've always strongly associated with them—and the entire Narnia series—thanks to the beautiful illustrations by Pauline Baynes and Lewis's fearless mishmashing of mythologies.

But all other issues aside—in a performance where keeping time and poetry of motion are all made imperative by the choreography of snowballs weaving in and out between the dancers, half of the performers not having physical bodies kind of spoils the fun. ;))
Twitter: Rose_the_Dryad
The Rose-Tree Dryad

Postby coracle » Feb 13, 2014 10:04 pm

I know someone who has given some very good ideas about how this might be scripted. Following from that, I am interested to see how we will meet and learn about Jill, how she and Eustace will team up, and how their characters and friendship will develop during their journey. I want to see their outdoor survival skills develop.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby Aslanisthebest » Feb 23, 2014 5:03 pm

TSC is my favourite book, so, like Jo said, I would just love the entire thing! ;))

The scenes I am anticipating are:

- Sailing to Narnia on the wind. I hope it's done in a light and convincing way, not like they're riding this bubble across the sea. *couhgliketheBBCcough*

- Jill and Aslan's first encounter

- The owls flying Jill and Eustace to the Parliament at night

- The scene with the cookbook at Harfang

- The scene with the underland creature (was it a troll? I need a reread.) where he tells Jill, Rilian, and Eustace that there were gems you could eat. I love that part.

Rose wrote:One scene that I really hope is included and done justice is the Great Snow Dance—after the utter despair and danger in Underland and the fear of being unable to escape the darkness, I love the sudden and delightful contrast of the moonlit revelries.
Ohhh, yes! I remember the first time I read that. It reminded me of comfortable Christmas parties outside, and the fact that it happened right after the whole Underland scene heightened its charm. I'd love to see that, complete with the Narnians dancing under the stars.
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

PreviousNext