This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

What scene is this concept art pic refering to?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

What scene is this concept art pic refering to?

Postby AnimalOfNarnia » Sep 06, 2013 10:54 pm

http://narnia.wikia.com/wiki/Aslan

The one at the bottom of the page of Caspian meeting Aslan...is it supposed to be from the end of the movie? Looks odd, since it's set in the woods. But Aslan sure looks cool in it!

(Although not as cool as in the concept art pic I used as my signature ;) )
AnimalOfNarnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: What scene is this concept art pic refering to?

Postby coracle » Sep 07, 2013 12:42 am

I think you have to bear in mind that concept art is not part of the script or the story board. It is ideas of how things might look, and not necessarily done by someone who will work on the film.

So there is no real answer to your question. Of course, back when we first saw that, we asked the same question, but "Where will it be?"!
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby fantasia » Sep 11, 2013 3:23 pm

I always assumed it was when Caspian first meets Aslan.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby twinimage » Oct 05, 2013 7:22 pm

I have to say, a good portion of the concept arts I've seen I like a lot, even more than how some scenes actually turned out in the films.

The one in AslanTheLion's signature is one of my favorites. That would have been really cool if that looked like that in the movie. The dark blue colors, Lucy all curled up in Alsan's fur. Much more intimate tone that how it kind of felt in the movie.

The concept art seems much more dramatic and theatrical than the movies, IMO. Not always though. They definitely have a very striking appearance that gives you that feeling of awe and wonder you'd want to feel when you see the movie.
twinimage
NarniaWeb Nut