This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Walden Narnia Films Re-watch - This Saturday!

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Walden Narnia Films Re-watch - This Saturday!

Postby Gymfan15 » Jun 27, 2013 8:10 pm

So this is pretty spur of the moment, but I was planning on doing a re-watch of the Walden Narnia films this weekend and I thought, why not invite others to join me? :D

This Saturday at 3pm CST, I'm going to start with LWW and you're welcome to join me in the Chat Room. I figured we could sync our films and chat our way through it. I've done it before with other movies and it's super fun. I haven't seen LWW or PC in over a year or so, so it will definitely be pretty nostalgic!

Right now I'll definitely be watching LWW and PC back-to-back with a short break in-between, and VdT if there's still time.

Anyway, just thought I'd extend the invitation and see if anyone wanted to join me! :)
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Re: Walden Narnia Films Re-watch - This Saturday!

Postby jewel » Jul 03, 2013 3:45 pm

Right now I'm busy, as I am writing books about the third crusade, following Saladin and Richard the Lionheart, amongst others. It does however, sound fun though. But at this time, I'm trying to finish my first draft to my trilogy.
Thank for this fun post. Please give us others in the future.
jewel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Movie Aristotle » Jul 06, 2013 4:19 pm

It is a pity that I didn't see this post earlier. I think we should try again. Let's pick a significant date a few months from now and watch all of the Walden films.

I actually decided to watch VDT today, rather spur-of-the-moment. I hadn't seen it since shortly after it came out on video back in April of 2011. After the passage of two years of time I've gained a little perspective on this film and made a surprising discovery... The movie wasn't really that bad!

Yes I know, it still isn't much like the book, but I was still able to sit down and watch it as a film and enjoy it for what it was. The things that used to make me cringe I found I could tolerate. And several things that I thought were plot holes in actuality made sense.

Dawn Treader wasn't the movie it could have been, but now after watching this movie again after being away from it for so long, I wonder if we as fans didn't overreact just a bit.

Why not watch the movies again and discuss?
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Gymfan15 » Jul 13, 2013 8:54 am

I definitely want to do another re-watch; originally there was talk of picking a date in July but it was a no-go. How would a Saturday in September work? August is all booked up for me.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby Louloudi the Centaur » Jul 22, 2013 6:06 pm

Sorry I haven't had the time for Narnia a lot lately. It's just that with the behind the scenes fiasco and other activities this summer I haven't had time to reread the books or re-watch the films. I think that there should be a great Narnia film re-watch at some point. Kind of like the summer contest going on now, just getting people to talk about things again. :)
Louloudi the Centaur
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby starkat » Jul 22, 2013 8:06 pm

Maybe we should set up a time to watch the BBC versions as well as the Walden movies too. ;))
starkat

Postby ramagut » Jul 23, 2013 7:03 am

I think it's a great idea. We can do it with both the versions as kat mentioned. And even other movies. Shadowlands comes to mind.

I agree it would have to be with lots of notice so that more people could be involved.
ramagut
Moderator Emeritus
Mumsie Mod

Postby starkat » Jul 27, 2013 3:29 pm

My schedule is kind of unpredictable, so I can't commit to setting it up. But as there are 4 BBC Narnia films and 5 Saturdays in August, we could do one a Saturday through the month. With the 5 Saturday format, it would give us time to drum up interest.
starkat