This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

LWW.....four years!

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

LWW.....four years!

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 08, 2009 1:47 pm

Tomorrow, December 9, will be the fourth anniversary of LWW coming to theaters! yay! I can't believe it's been four years already! wow!
now we can celebrate LWW's success! :D :ymapplause: :ymhug: :) B-)
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Re: LWW.....four years!

Postby Aravanna » Dec 08, 2009 10:15 pm

Wow Liberty! That sounds like a long time ago! I was still in High School! O_o It was a wonderfully successful movie, a delight in many ways, and thanks to Narniaweb, it helped me form profound relationships with like-minded people I never would have know existed.

*toasts to a lovely, high quality movie based on the book we all love.* Maybe it wasn't the best movie ever made, but it was very solid and very important none-the-less. Here we are four years later waiting for a third movie. Cheers!
Aravanna
Moderator Emeritus

Postby greenbird37 » Dec 08, 2009 10:29 pm

This is just great! I wish I would have seen it in the movies, but I got to see it for the first time on DVD! It will always be a blockbuster to me! :D
"We have nothing if not belief"
greenbird37
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby tenthofthatname » Dec 08, 2009 10:37 pm

Time to break out the Blu-Ray! I wasn't aware they were making an LWW film at all back then so when I saw the trailer at the theater (I don't even remember what I went to see that day) it was a huge surprise. It gave me chills from beginning to end and got me extremely excited for the release date. Did anyone else feel the same way?
tenthofthatname
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby 7chronicles » Dec 09, 2009 12:16 am

tenthofthatname, I was very exited when I first saw the trailer to, I couldn’t stop watching it! :D

Four years, I remember it like it was yesterday!
I had been waiting for the movie since I first heard that they were making it in 2004! me and my family, my uncle and younger cousin all went to see it at midnight! It was my first midnight movie! :D I Loved every moment of it, from the time Lucy opened the wardrobe, to the time they all came tumbling back out again!
Me and my sister brought Turkish Delight with us and ate it the same time Edmund did! The book came to life before my eyes, what I had imagined in my head reading the book, was now moving in front of me. It was the first time I had ever had that experience! :D :) :ymhug: And I will never forget it!!!!

We are watching LWW today to celebrate, with Turkish Delight and Hot Chocolate!

One year from now I'll be waiting at the theaters to see The Voyage of the Dawn Treader at midnight! And again I'll know what it's like to see my imagination come to life!!!!

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Bookwyrm » Dec 09, 2009 1:00 am

Wow, hard to believe it's been four years already. Though I'm not as big a fan of the movie as I originally was, I'll always be grateful that it exists because it brought about the creation of NarniaWeb. :D
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 09, 2009 9:17 am

tenthofthatname: yes, I did get chills when I first saw the trailer for LWW!
I remember where I was: I was at Soulfest (a music festival) and they had a tent for Walden Media to advertise for movies and they were showing a trailer for LWW and I saw it a ton of times because I was a volinteer at Soulfest selling merch for a band. the merch table was right in front of the Walden Media booth and I turned around every five minutes to see the LWW trailer! this went on for 7 hours, so I saw the trailer at least 100 times!
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Steerforth » Dec 09, 2009 4:23 pm

I'll never be that excited for a film again, as long as I live. It was a wonderful time.
"This is no thaw. This is Spring! Your winter has been destroyed. This... is Aslan's doing!"

SuntoryTimes
Steerforth
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby AslanIsKing » Dec 09, 2009 5:05 pm

happiest day of my life
I Worked at the International Debut of the Narnia Exhibit: BEST JOB EVER!!!!! :)
AslanIsKing
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby narnialover101 » Dec 09, 2009 6:04 pm

Still remember it crystal clearly! I went to the midnight showing. There was a rather big snowfall that night, and none of the streets had been plowed yet. We were driving through nearly a foot of snow. When we arrived at the theater it was practically deserted; there wasn't even anyone around to take our tickets. There ended up being a few people in the theater, but the weather was too much for most of them.

I enjoyed that night very much! Probably one of the most exciting theater experiences of my life.

I'll always be a,
NL101 :)
Rest in Peace Old Narniaweb
(2003-2009)
narnialover101
Moderator Emeritus
Narniaweb's Resident Peter Pan Gone Gangsta'

Postby Lucy P. » Dec 09, 2009 6:37 pm

I remember that day clearly. I was 11, almost 12.

My dad took me, my bro and my sister to see it. It was her fist time at the theater, and when we entered my sister saw a PotC trailer and freaked. We had to go home and wait for the next showing because she was so scared. So that was rotten, but LWW was definitely worth the wait.
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Lucy P.
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Aslan's general » Dec 09, 2009 10:35 pm

Interesting, I watched the movie tonight, but I did not know it was the fourth year anniversary of the film having come to theaters until I saw it on NarniaWeb's Twitter. It can't belive it's been four years already!
Aslan's general

Postby Tirian12 » Dec 10, 2009 9:51 am

scary.
thats all i can say. i was ten, it feels like forever ago. i felt very good about seeing it though, i hadn't even seen the trailer, i went spoiler free and it was great (now as a nearly fifteen year old i have less patience then my much younger self. I NEED A VDT TRAILER!!!!)
Image avie/sig by me
"The last enemy to be defeated is death." -1 Corinthians 15:26 http://www.youtube.com/user/voldythemoldy http://twitter.com/#!/voldythemoldy1
Tirian12
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Mar In Narnia » Dec 10, 2009 12:22 pm

Wow, four years! Time flew :-o But I do remember with detail the night I went to see the movie with my cousins, I was so excited that nobody could stand me :ymblushing: But, actually, I saw the movie on the 5th of January because it came out that day in Argentina...
Thanks to malkah for the lovely avatar!
Mar In Narnia
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 10, 2009 1:48 pm

Tirian12: I know what you mean about it feeling like forever ago!

I was 12 years old when it came out.....and now I'm 16 years old! wow! time flies! we saw it on Dec. 11, 2005 for the first time, so tommorow, Dec. 11, will be the fourth anniversary of the first time I saw LWW! wow! wow! :ymhug: :D B-) :ymhug: :ymhug:
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Basileus Peter Pevensie » Dec 10, 2009 7:18 pm

Four years...I still remember the Christmas Evening, when I watched Narnia - LWW for a first time. The time goes faster and faster...After some more years we are going to make four years of prince Caspian :) .
Basileus Peter Pevensie
NarniaWeb Regular

Next