This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

LWW.....four years!

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: LWW.....four years!

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 11, 2009 9:49 am

four years of PC? now THAT will be scary! :-o :p :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Aurora » Dec 13, 2009 12:19 pm

That is pretty awesome. Really does seem like yesterday. I totally remember watching LWW on holiday. :D
Aurora
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Edmund P » Dec 13, 2009 2:04 pm

Whoa! Has it really been four years :-o ? Man, I'm growing old ;)) ! Oh, how it does seem like yesterday though! I can remember it so clearly...a wonderful and fun day that was :) . LWW got me hooked on The Chronicles of Narnia, and look at me now! a Narnia Geek [-( ! Oh, but I wouldn't give it up!

After seeing LWW, I started reading the Chronicles. How glad now that I did! Now, after four years, we're on the 3rd film...hard to believe #:-s .
I met Georgie and Skandar AND saw the film in one evening.
Edmund P
NarniaWeb Guru
The Parallel Welcomer

Postby Glumpuddle » Dec 13, 2009 2:35 pm

Only four years? Feels like so much longer.

I heard about the LWW movie in early 2002, so it was almost four years of waiting for me. The wait for PC (and so far VDT too) felt like nothing.

Four years later... I guess my opinion hasn't changed that much. A good but not great film. A decent adaptation. If I wasn't such a huge fan of the books, I doubt I would've bought the DVD. Probably would have seen it once, said "pretty cool," and then forgotten about it.
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Postby ellz_bellz » Dec 16, 2009 6:01 pm

What a way to remembar one of my all time favourite films. I guess I was lucky enough to see this movie while I was still a child, I was only ten! But I wll always remember who every single person in teh theatre was dead silent for the whole thing. I actually watch LWW only yesterday, and enjoyed it just as much as I did on that day.

Now, with two great films already on our list, the Narnia movies are set to make an impact on the film industry all around the globe.

GO LWW!
Proud that VDT is Australian :)
siggy by lover of narnia, avie by jillhope
ellz_bellz
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Aslans Country » Dec 20, 2009 4:31 am

Wow.. it seems like a lot longer, for me. I guess it's because a lot has happened in my life between the age of 10 and 14. LWW was one of the few movies I saw in cinemas when I was that age, we rarely went to the cinema for movies. I remember just thinking 'wow'.. at the time. I hadn't seen many adaptions of books. And I was comparing it to BBC's. :p
I wish I could watch it again on the big screen.. I remember really enjoying the experience.
I can't decide which I like better, LWW or PC. It's probably LWW. I like PC as a movie, so long as I can forget about it in relation to the book completely. :p
Avie by flambeau.

"I'm there through your heartache, I'm there in the storm.. I don’t care where you've fallen, where you have been, I'll never forsake you, my love never ends, it never ends."
-Times, Tenth Avenue North
Aslans Country
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 23, 2009 1:29 pm

I still remember that I was 12 when I saw LWW for the first time and I dressed up as Lucy.....but I have grown so much since then because I don't even fit the dress I wore that night anymore! :(( B-) :D wow! I have changed so much since I was 12......now I am 16 and VotDT is on the horizon....... :ymapplause:
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Jill_of_Narnia » Dec 24, 2009 9:07 am

Woow....I still remember the first time I saw the LWW trailer...doesn't seem that long ago! And I still watch LWW like once a month....it hasn't gotten old. Now I'm so ready for VDT!
"The term is over: the holidays have begun. The dream is ended:this is the morning."
     And as He spoke, He no longer looked to them like a lion.
Jill_of_Narnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Previous