This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

VDT: Movie Blog

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

VDT: Movie Blog

Postby 7chronicles » Nov 25, 2009 3:49 pm

Narniaweb's front page
http://www.narniaweb.com/2009/11/the-da ... og-begins/

So now we know what the mysterious wording on the mast is! The pictures are great, especially Lucy's! I hope this is a continuing blog, like Prince Caspian's movie blog! If it is maybe we could soon get something like the Ben Barnes video when we got to see some of our first footage from PC! :D
Attachments
16731_219559650897_6946345897_4182245_5364604_n.jpg
Lucy
16731_219559650897_6946345897_4182245_5364604_n.jpg (82.13 KiB) Viewed 12908 times

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Re: VDT: Movie Blog

Postby greenbird37 » Nov 25, 2009 10:41 pm

This is great...I love that picture with Georgie on the boat...would make an excellent wallpaper! ;)
"We have nothing if not belief"
greenbird37
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby icarus » Nov 26, 2009 1:32 am

Just to check, is this the official Narnia production blog as promised by the Walden Media website, or is it a NarniaFans.com set report blog as we got last time? Otherwise it seems the NarniaFans.com facebook page now become the "official" Narnia facebook page? I'm confused. :-\

Either way though i guess it doesnt matter, a nice teasing introduction there to what im sure will be a fantastic blog! :ymapplause: Nice to find out what the full inscription on the mast reads ,and the full story behind it.

One thing that intrigues me - the photo of the helm. I thought they said they chose the location at Cleveland Point because it had a perfectly clear horizon, where you couldnt see land or other islands (Michael Apted reiterated that in the interview just the other day). But in the photo of the helm there, you can clearly see two islands in the background past the prow of the Dawn Treader. Whats the deal with that? Is that just the way it is, and Cleveland point's clear horizons have just been overrated? Or is that a bit of photoshop manipulation on the picture? If so is it representative of islands we will see in the movie?
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby coracle » Nov 26, 2009 3:00 am

EDITED:
Icarus, I agree that it's important to clarify that: we have previously received all our official news releases directly from Ernie, not from another site or its facebook blog. We do of course share non-official news across all the Narnia fan sites. :)

Meanwhile the blog reported as being an official announcement from the production seems to be only on that other site's facebook page.

This doesn't in any way detract from the authenticity of the announcement (unless anyone thought that was the official Narnia facebook page); it just means that we don't seem to have posted our own copy from Ernie yet. NarniaWeb does have an announcement on "notes" on facebook.

I am sure Tirian and Fantasia will already have been in contact with him for this production.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby MarkSommer » Nov 26, 2009 6:56 am

I have been personally in contact with Paul Martin from NarniaFans, and he is saying that his Chronicles of Narnia Facebook page is now the official Facebook fan page for the movie.
Icarus: About the helm picture. Yes, this has obviously been "photoshopped." The reason they chose Cleveland Point is indeed because of the unobstructed horizon – so they could add anything they want, or nothing, depending on the scene.
"All you have heard about Old Narnia is true." --Cornelius to young Prince Caspian
http://www.examiner.com/x-17507-Hobbits-Narnia--Spirituality-Examiner
MarkSommer
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Lucy P. » Nov 26, 2009 7:19 am

Ah, the picture of the Dawn Treader's--- oh no, I forgot the name of it, it's so embarrassing!
Fine. I will call it the steering wheel.

The picture of the Dawn Treader's steering wheel is incredibly beautiful! The blue sky (Australia is incredible!) behind the golden wheel and lion's head makes my mouth water. It's like Narnia is real! I too would like to give a personal thank you to all the craftsmen who worked on the ship.

Well, I'm definitely becoming a fan on facebook and watching the page closely.
Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Lucy P.
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby starkat » Nov 26, 2009 9:07 am

icarus wrote:One thing that intrigues me - the photo of the helm. I thought they said they chose the location at Cleveland Point because it had a perfectly clear horizon, where you couldnt see land or other islands (Michael Apted reiterated that in the interview just the other day). But in the photo of the helm there, you can clearly see two islands in the background past the prow of the Dawn Treader. Whats the deal with that? Is that just the way it is, and Cleveland point's clear horizons have just been overrated? Or is that a bit of photoshop manipulation on the picture? If so is it representative of islands we will see in the movie?

Having spent the last few months working intensively in Photoshop (I'm working at a photography studio), that sure looks like a background that has been dropped into the image. The islands aren't as clear as the rest of it and have little depth to them. Even distant mountains have a little depth when seeing them in person. Also, there are a lot of blacks in that image. So I'm thinking it has been fiddled with in Photoshop before the release.
starkat

Postby Mr Anderson » Nov 26, 2009 12:16 pm

Is it just me or does Skandar look a little strange in that first pic? Maybe it's the angle, but when I first saw it I couldn't figure out who it was until I looked at the caption, and even then I didn't think he looked much like Skandar...
And Caspian has Peter's sword! X( I don't mind it in any way except for the fact that I have never liked that sword...it looks bulky and short and ugly to me, and I was really hoping it would disappear after PC, but no such like. Maybe by the time LB comes along it'll be gone...unless they pass it down to Tirian, too? O_O
I'm going to have nightmares.
(Formerly Reep&cheep)
Mr Anderson
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby adamie » Nov 26, 2009 1:01 pm

Great news!!! A new production blog, hooray!!!

I love the pictures!
some thought about them:
1) Caspian seems to be happy to see Edmund, but it is not the arrival in Narnia, because Edmund wears Narnian Clothes. Caspian is definitly holding Peter's sword, Rhindon. Maybe it s right after their duel?

2) The lightning looks really good, and I love the little "dawn treader" sign.

3) Great looking helm. Only thing I can think of is that this must be at the lonely Islands, for it is the only place with more then one island.
Bu I'm not sure about that of course, just speculation.
click the image.
adamie
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ~DaughterOfEve~ » Nov 26, 2009 8:55 pm

I didn't read anything that was mentioned, I just admired the pictures (because reading the articles is what spoiled PC for me). But by the lion's mane! I am in complete awe. I still can't get over how spectacular the Dawn Treader looks. I am beyond pleased, I am thrilled at the amazing job the crew did at creating the Dawn Treader and I can't wait ti see more pictures.

I am really liking the King Caspian look and I think that purple shirt looks great on Ben Barnes. Edmund however looked younger to me? I am not sure if the light blue color suits Skandar well bit it is great. I had took closely but Caspian is holding Peter's sword! I am not sure why but its interesting. I need to read the book again but I think there was some duel or they added something. I am not sure but I am just so happy with everything.

Georgie has changed so much since LWW. I thought she looked much older in PC but look at how much she has grown up now! She is beautiful! I really love her costume as well. I also love how they have the title of the ship engraved. Dawn Treader... It's beautiful!

The image of the - I can't think of what is called a the moment - stunning yet again. I love how they have Aslan in the center and the suns rays around. I don't know how to explain it but it is stunning.

So I guess it is official now we start the final count down to the movie!
~DaughterOfEve~
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Nov 27, 2009 10:13 am

wow! is it just me or does Skandar look younger in that picture? (the one with him and Ben)
cool! I can't wait for VotDT! sail on! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby icarus » Nov 28, 2009 8:54 am

adamie wrote:Great looking helm. Only thing I can think of is that this must be at the lone Islands, for it is the only place with more then one island

Or perhaps Dragon Island + Burnt Island, depending on how close or far away they make those two.

More likely though i would guess that it was just a generic island background they put in there, just to make the image look "proper". None of the other shots are proper movie shots either, just production stills, so they probably just wanted to bring that one up to more or less the same standard. Having two islands i guess makes it a bit more symetrical, and visually interesting to look at... And no-one except us hardcore Narnia geeks would ever question there being two islands anyway. lol
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Nov 28, 2009 9:32 am

I hope that the whole MLG confusion will be cleared up VERY soon!

I am longing to find out what the Sea Serpent will look like! :p :D :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby fantasia » Nov 29, 2009 8:45 am

I posted this on the updates to NarniaWeb thread, but I thought I'd go ahead and post it here as well (cause I know EVERYONE loves pictures ;)) )... I found some much higher-rez copies of the three pics released and have replaced them in our image gallery. :)
http://www.narniaweb.com/image-gallery/production-photos/?album=5&gallery=49
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby decarus » Nov 29, 2009 1:11 pm

Those are great FK. The detail is amazing. I always love a good photo though these aren't that interesting still nice to see.
There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Glumpuddle » Nov 30, 2009 8:16 am

I suspect that that picture of Lucy gives us a good hint at the overall look of the film. I love the sunlight on her left side.

Somehow, I never thought about how Caspian's shirt matches the Dawn Treader sail. Cool! I say the more purple they can get into this film, the better.
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Next