This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Maybe Just a little Cheesy?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Maybe Just a little Cheesy?

Postby tenthofthatname » Dec 07, 2009 6:59 pm

Definitely not a full scale romance, but it still felt forced to me. I can see the characters behaving the way they did, however all the circumstances and timing were just too "convenient" for people in the middle of a revolution. I felt less chemistry between Caspian and Susan and more formulaic equation. It could have been handled with more subtlety...and less quirky lines about it.

But Caspian hugging her is one of my favorite moments. He didn't kiss back, instead he embraced her. Very bittersweet, very fitting for a goodbye. And without "witty" dialogue!
tenthofthatname
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby polly plummer » Dec 08, 2009 1:44 pm

Can we just agree the whole romance / crush or whatever you want to call it was a bad idea and move on it makes me a bit cross just thinking of it.

I thought the moment where Lucy stood on the bridge on her own just before Aslan joined her was very cheesy - saying that I thought she acted it brilliantly and I loved it, but then, I love cheesy

(by the way if we're making comparisons with LOTR the scene where Frodo wakes up in the bedroom and everyone comes in one at a time laughing or with a big soppy smile! - yuck!)
polly plummer
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby further up and further in » Dec 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Actually, I thought the scene of Lucy on the bridge was one of the best scenes in the whole movie! Here she was, this little girl, armed with a little knife, ready to hold off an entire army by herself...but of course she wasn't by herself, Aslan was with her. It was a great picture of faith, to me.

That scene at the end of LOTR where Frodo wakes up in the bedroom was nice when I first saw it in the theatre, but when I've seen it since...very cheesy! Until when Sam peaks around the door; that was cool.

We haven't mentioned the return of the Ents to save the day!
further up and further in
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Bookwyrm » Dec 08, 2009 3:54 pm

I love the scene with Lucy on the bridge. One of the few humorous moments in the movie that was actually funny.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Dec 08, 2009 7:54 pm

I didn't think it was really funny, bookwyrm. I just thought it was a great moment between Aslan and Lucy, not to mention the other pevensie's seeing how faithful their sister is to Aslan and probably(susan and peter anyway) feeling a bit ashamed of themselves for their lack of faith :ymblushing:. That is prob my fav sequence in the whole movie
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby tenthofthatname » Dec 08, 2009 9:25 pm

A_Narnian_Ship wrote:I didn't think it was really funny, bookwyrm. I just thought it was a great moment between Aslan and Lucy, not to mention the other pevensie's seeing how faithful their sister is to Aslan and probably(susan and peter anyway) feeling a bit ashamed of themselves for their lack of faith :ymblushing:. That is prob my fav sequence in the whole movie

I love that following the River God sequence, when the other Pevensies and Caspian come out of the water on the riverbank they kneel to Aslan but Lucy remains standing, because she'd shown her fealty through her faith.
tenthofthatname
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby The Servant » Dec 09, 2009 10:42 am

Her little grin at the bridge scene really annoyed me. I really don't like that type of smile, it just annoys me, but that's just me. I'm not influencing anyone.
- The Servant.

Prayer partners for Skandar Keynes. PM Benjamin to join the group!
The Servant
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 09, 2009 1:29 pm

I love that part with Lucy on the bridge! she looks SO defient and Sopepian looks terrified of her, even before Aslan comes out! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Watziznehm » Dec 09, 2009 7:01 pm

The Lucy on the Bridge scene is humorous because her she is, with only an Lion beside her, and a whole army charging to meet her. What does she do? She pulls out her dagger and gives that smile which says "bring it on." =)) Fortunately, one person with Aslan outnumbered the whole army. :D ;)
Sig by greenleaf23.
Watziznehm
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby IloveFauns » Dec 10, 2009 5:20 am

I think their has been heaps of topics about the suan and caspian thing. I think it is time to move on and hope nothing like this happens again.
IloveFauns
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Tirian12 » Dec 10, 2009 9:54 am

sorry to be the one to say it...but this topic has been done...a lot...and it is dead, i have stated my feelings on all these issues, and now none of them really bug me that much anymore (well except that fateful part at the end of the PC but that i will not speak of)
Image avie/sig by me
"The last enemy to be defeated is death." -1 Corinthians 15:26 http://www.youtube.com/user/voldythemoldy http://twitter.com/#!/voldythemoldy1
Tirian12
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby lostin1800 » Dec 10, 2009 1:46 pm

"Brace yourseelff!!!" Makes me cringe. As does when she falls and happens to land on ledge a bit after her cheesy line. Its so cheesy for me.
*We three kings of Orient are; bearing gifts we traverse afar, field and fountain, moor and mountain, following yonder star...*
~Merry Christmas From Lostin1800~
lostin1800
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Dec 10, 2009 1:51 pm

lostin1800: I agree with you about the part when Lucy fell in PC! it's so quick and then nothing comes of it.....yeah, it's a little cheesy! 8-} :D B-) :D ;;)
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Previous