This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Last Battle~

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: The Last Battle~

Postby Watziznehm » Nov 14, 2009 12:28 pm

I see what you guys mean and agree with you to about 90%. The remaining 10% is rooted in the part of me that is the "battle strategy freak". I love looking at battles throughout the ages and am fascinated by how this or that battle was won or lost based on the strategy that they used. In the "last battle" there is really non of that the because Tirian had such a small force and ended up fighting such a big force that all strategy kinda went out the door and it was just "fight till you die". Course that was kinda the point of the "last battle" so that's where the rest of me says "no they should keep it just as is". Still, I think that they could make the "last battle" a little more interesting but without scaling it up to much.
Sig by greenleaf23.
Watziznehm
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Nov 14, 2009 12:46 pm

I see what you mean, Watziznehm. The last battle can't have to much "strategy" but there still has to be a level of order in it. I would think it would be really cool if we had the dryads "fight", too. I like the idea of them swirling around the caloremene's and blinding them.
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Aslans Country » Nov 15, 2009 5:07 am

If they cut out any of the stuff in Aslan's Country, that would ruin it for me. I don't even want to think about it..

Like everyone else said, I think the last battle will be more powerful if it's just like how it is in the book. But it's a movie.. what's the chance of them not making "THE LAST BATTLE" more 'epic'? :-s
Avie by flambeau.

"I'm there through your heartache, I'm there in the storm.. I don’t care where you've fallen, where you have been, I'll never forsake you, my love never ends, it never ends."
-Times, Tenth Avenue North
Aslans Country
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby TheGeneral » Nov 17, 2009 7:19 am

One thing I'd like them to maybe elaborate on is Tirian and his father. It would be nice to know more about his dad, and considering he was killed when Tirian was young that must have had an effect on him. They probably won't, it's Just something I always thought about.
TheGeneral
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Bother Eustace » Nov 17, 2009 10:10 am

Last Battle is my favorite book! (Currently anyway, although with Voyage coming out my affections are threatening to switch yet again. :p ) One thing I really hope translates well is the utter despair of Narnia facing it's end. It really, really needs to seem terrible. I'm not one to cry in movies, but if there is one thing I'd see in a movie that would make me cry (other than the Passion of Christ) it should be Narnia's death. Then the New Narnia is revealed, which is so amazingly wonderful that it negates the sadness and sorrow of the old Narnia's passing. The two opposites of Sorrow and Joy should be juxtaposed in this story, to create an amazingly emotional dynamic. Of course, it's easier to do that sort of thing in a book than a movie.
Secondly, they shouldn't try to change Susan's destiny. I fear they might try to put her in New Narnia with the others, but that would seriously wound the story of the Chronicles as a whole; Susan's backsliding is such a powerful lesson, it can't be ignored just because it's uncomfortable. If they feel it is too terrible, they can hint at the possibility of her repentance, I wouldn't mind that.
"Of course we've got to find him (if we can). That's the nuisance of it. It means a search party and endless trouble. Bother Eustace." ~ Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Sig: lover of narnia
Bother Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Nov 23, 2009 1:30 pm

I had mentioned on the topic Which Movie Next? that it might be possible that they released MN and LB together. I thought it would be neat for them to have the beginning and end of the world together ;) . Would this cause problems for movie length? Would they be able to extend the movie time or(heaven forebid) shorten it? Does this sound logical? I don't see any major problems w/ them being a double feature except for the movie length.
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Basileus Peter Pevensie » Nov 23, 2009 6:49 pm

"The Last Battle" is a masterpiece of the world literature. I want to film it and I'm sure they will. As it is the battle of the battles no doubt the movie makers will change some things in order to reproduce these epic scenes. I think, that the must work harder and more profoundly on the last moments - the Aslan's Country and the adoption of the Narnians in.
Basileus Peter Pevensie
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby GlimGlum » Nov 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Aslans Country wrote:If they cut out any of the stuff in Aslan's Country, that would ruin it for me. I don't even want to think about it..

Like everyone else said, I think the last battle will be more powerful if it's just like how it is in the book. But it's a movie.. what's the chance of them not making "THE LAST BATTLE" more 'epic'? :-s

I really think they need to keep the Narnian's as a small band as in the book. But a shot I just imagined would have the Calormenes coming at them in an almost endless stream; those who came from the 20 ships that landed at Cair Paravel. That would keep the battle intimate as far as the Narnians go but at the same time give a larger scale to the movie and make the hopeless situation more obvious to the audience.

As far as Aslan's Country goes, it is too important to leave out. =; And it provides a big balance to all the dark and downbeat circumstances that have gone before. The moviemakers will really need this to make LB work. (IMHO). :)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby daughter of the King » Nov 24, 2009 12:08 pm

A_Narnian_Ship wrote:I had mentioned on the topic Which Movie Next? that it might be possible that they released MN and LB together. I thought it would be neat for them to have the beginning and end of the world together ;) . Would this cause problems for movie length? Would they be able to extend the movie time or(heaven forebid) shorten it? Does this sound logical? I don't see any major problems w/ them being a double feature except for the movie length.

It's an interesting idea, but I don't think it would work very well. Not only would it wind up way too long, but the stories are rather different in both tone and content. I can see a re-release later on when several, if not all of the Chronicles are played on the same day(much like LoTR's Trilogy Tuesday), but I don't think a double feature would work well for the first time around.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Basileus Peter Pevensie » Nov 24, 2009 6:07 pm

To release the MN and LB together is really an interesting idea. I support it but if they are released together it may cause other consequenses. In this case they may cut some important scene.
Basileus Peter Pevensie
NarniaWeb Regular

Previous