This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

One piece piece of advice to make a good movie

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: One piece piece of advice to make a good movie

Postby Boy Scout » Nov 25, 2012 8:26 pm

Lilygloves wrote:Dear Michael Apted-
Move over and let NarniaWebbers make VDT. :D

That would be amazing.

Although all of these tips are great, I would just like to add one more. I'm almost sure that this will never happen, but I feel like it needs to be said.

Don't be afraid to change actors to keep ages accurate. 11 is not 8 and never will be. Of course this is all relative, but if left go to far, you could end up like Glee with thirty year olds in highschool.
Packers=13 time Wrold Champs!

I'm not inactive, I'm just very, very, busy.
Boy Scout
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby aragorn2 » Jan 06, 2013 12:38 pm

Not every movie needs a romance!
aragorn2
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby twinimage » Jan 22, 2013 1:31 pm

There's a lot of cool ideas many could come up with. As for giving real advice that actual film makers don't already know? I don't know.

I agree with what others have said. Find film makers who love the source material and understand it. Also, they need a visionary; someone who has a really genius idea of how it could be implemented.

Something I think would be cool for a Narnia film is the way Aslan could be portrayed. For instance, as part of the LWW extended edition DVD set, there was a documentary about C.S. Lewis, called "C.S. Lewis - Dreamer of Narnia". The opening sequence to that was really cool; mimicking the creation of Narnia with some artistic shots of a lion as well. The way they photographed the lion was really cool. It gave a very powerful and mysterious feeling to the lion. It felt a little like something from National Geographic though, but it was better than anything I've seen in any of the Narnia films. I'm assuming they used a real lion for this documentary? The lion in the documentary actually looked closer to Pauline Baynes' artwork of Aslan too I think.
So something I would like to see is more artistic cinematography and a much more majestic depiction of Aslan, since he is the one key thread between all of the stories and the main point of the series.
If there's anything people could take away from a future Narnia movie, I'd want the audience to never look at lions the same way again.
twinimage
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Purpleotter » Jan 25, 2013 9:44 pm

I'd say a good movie needs a good cast, good director, and a great soundtrack.
"Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen of Narnia"-Aslan
Purpleotter
NarniaWeb Nut

Previous