This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Would a Narrator be a good idea for future Narnia movies?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Would a narrator be a good idea in a future Narnia movie

Yes, it'd be a good idea
37%
No, it'd be a bad idea
26%
I'm not sure
37%

Total votes : 27

Re: Would a Narrator be a good idea for future Narnia movies?

Postby starkat » Jul 09, 2012 10:02 am

Yeah. This is something I think would be something to be done in case of a full reboot. What would be interesting though would be to see this setup with Susan in MN and have it end with a wistful look or something that foreshadowed the LB or implied she never forgot or was working her way back to being a friend of Narnia.

Or maybe have Gresham being the one who does it for all the movies.
starkat

Postby DamselJillPole » Jul 25, 2012 3:20 pm

I would really love to hear a narrator voice in the Horse and His Boy and Magician's Nephew maybe one at the end for The Last Battle.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby NerdyBird » Jul 26, 2012 9:42 am

I'm not sure... I usually find narration annoying/distracting, especially if it's throughout the movie, like in Twilight.
LOTR's use of Narration was necessary because there was a huge backstory about the rings that they needed to sort through before getting to the movie itself.
I think that the plot of the Chronicles of Narnia series is straightforward enough without the aid of narration.
Still, for Dawn Treader, I liked the narration done by Eustace of his Diary, which served the same purpose as his diaries entries did in the book, to account the voyage through his eyes and to propel the story along. So, in that particular case, yes to narration.
NerdyBird
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby Eustace » Nov 01, 2012 3:45 pm

I have always thought this was a good idea. It has been done well in other movies and I could imagine that it would be a good addition now. I mean, if they are going to waiting a while, why not try something new with the series that would follow more with the book?
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby jillpole1 » Dec 05, 2012 11:14 pm

I think that that's a brilliant idea, I never even thought about that. It's a great idea, it'd really add a lot to the movie, make it a bit more serious, and then if they do something like Eustace's voice it'd be more special, like at the end of VTD. More tears for us emotional people. (;
NW siblings: TheDwarfMan, TheGentleWarrior
NW Cousin: Weirdo

Avvie by: RubyGamgee - Signature by: Tarkheena
jillpole1
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby King_Erlian » Dec 19, 2012 6:08 am

It depends how it's done, but my fear is that it would be done in a patronising "Now, then, children, sit down and be quiet and listen to the story" kind of way. To be honest, that's why LWW is my least favourite book - from time to time Lewis indulged in that kind of narration, e.g. "and other creatures whom I won't describe because if I did the grownups would probably not let you read this book". He didn't do that in the remaining books; but I remember it annoying me when I first read LWW when I was about 6 or 7, and I'd hate it if the films went down that route.
King_Erlian
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby wild rose » Feb 09, 2013 4:00 am

I generally don't really care for narraters in movies, I feel like a movie should be shown and not told. Now, there are times when a narraters is a good thing, like yesterday we were watching 'Braveheart' and there is a bit of narrative but Robert of Bruce in the beginning and in the end and it was good and I liked it. But for the Narnia series, I would really prefer if they wouldn't have a narrator, I don't think it's necessary and so why include it.
The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle
wild rose
The Guardian of Sundays

Previous